Litchi Issue

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure this issue out for a week now and have narrowed it down, but am not sure where to go from here. It should be noted I have been flying this setup since September without any issues. First things first...

Equipment:

PH3S
-ver 1.9.20

Pad
-Samsung Galaxy Tablet E
-Android ver 4.4.1

Litchi
-ver 7.1.1

I went to go setup and fly a construction progress flight last week and the Litchi app would not cooperate. Everything connected normally. I then proceeded to adjust the exposure in the Litchi app and it would go to Manual, but the adjustments would not take. then all of a sudden, the exposure would switch between auto and Manual. I exited the app (forced stop also) and then loaded the DJI Go app in order to change the exposure. The exposure took. I exited DJI Go (forced stop also) and then reloaded the Litchi app. The exposure setting were still as set within the Litchi app.

I started the Phantom and away I go to test out the Litchi mission plan. The camera is all over the place. It will not focus the POI at some points (the mission is set up correctly) and then when it does focus the POI on some points the pitch of the camera goes up and down on its own. Additionally, the when trying to record with the video camera, the record button is slow to react and when it does react to engage record, I cannot get it to quit recording.

During my troubleshooting, I have deleted some unused apps off the tablet, disabled non-needed apps, and turned on airplane mode. None of these corrected the issue.

Here is the weird part....when troubleshooting the issue in the house everything works fine...I can adjust the exposure in the Litchi app and the record button works as it should. Turn off the Phantom and reposition outside and reengage everything and the issues come back.

Any of the exerts out there have any suggestions. The only thing different, in my mind, between inside and outside is that the Phantom does not have GPS lock...but how can that cause this issue??

Last edited:
First I would suggest a new tablet. Although everything was working for you, the Tab E is much too slow, IMO. Far too short on RAM primarily. That would be my first step. Try a different device and see how it goes. Have had no issues with any new Litchi versions personally.

I was contemplating changing tablets, but the E is a recommended tablet for DJI GO. I will give it a go when I get my hands on one.

Your suggestion still does not answer the question why it works inside (auto to manual exposure, record button works, etc.) and not outside. It does not even work outside before even flying the P3S. If it is truly a memory issue, there is no increase in telemetry traffic with the exception that the GPS is locked and transmitting info to the tablet.

I was contemplating changing tablets, but the E is a recommended tablet for DJI GO.
The recommended device list has not been updated for some time now. Every app update will increase the processing power need for certain functions. As for the other question, this a new one. I have never heard nor seen anything like you describe. You wouldn't happen by chance to have left GO running in the background would you? Personally, I use separate devices for GO and Litchi, just to be certain that issue doesn't arise. What I might suggest is that you delete GO and leave only Litchi on the device, then give that a try and see if the issue is still there. It doesn't make any sense that adjustments work indoors and not outdoors. Should that correct the problem, you can re-load GO and try it again. That's about the only thing I can think of at the moment for you to try.

Additionally, the when trying to record with the video camera, the record button is slow to react and when it does react to engage record, I cannot get it to quit recording.
Additionally, this is memory and processor related.

Has anyone used the latest Samsung s9 or s9+ with DJI GO or Litchi. I'm wondering if the 845 processor in the latest samsung flagship device will easily process a DJI app requirements.

Has anyone used the latest Samsung s9 or s9+ with DJI GO or Litchi. I'm wondering if the 845 processor in the latest samsung flagship device will easily process a DJI app requirements.
I have the S9 and a 3SE. Litchi works fine except for video feed. DJI go is flawless.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1