Litchi crashes when taking panoramas

Reaction score
Hello to all. Im new here and allso Im a newb with my phantom 4 and I need your help.

Today I was testing my p4 with litchi in my iPad Air to see if it reached the highest altitude possible and for my surprise, it did! it reached 500 mt (1640 ft) and with the 100% signal! (no wind, sunny and warm weather) then I decided to make an automatic panoramic picture and when it started to do that, suddently when was on the 3rt or 4rth pic, the conection was lost and beggin the RTH. but as soon as I get signal again, I took the control again and started to make another panoramic picture (1390 ft). when I had taken about 5 or 6 pictures, it comes the signal losta gain and started the RTH again. When I got signal again (1280 ft) I started again the automatic panoramic picture but again at the 8 or 9 picture, the litchi lost signal. so I decided to do the panoramic picture manually but when i was getting the 10 or 11 picture, litchi crashed!.

I restarted litchi and got control again and I decided to stop making panoramic pictures and started a distance test at 290 ft altitude. when i was only at 1000 ft distance, I lost signal again and RTH.

The sky was totally clear and there was not trees or electric wires around my area.

Im a professional photographer and I really need to see what is happening here, why I can take panoramic pictures and why the longest distance is only 1000 ft!

I use 2 pcs copper parabolic antenna range booster

here is the link to my first and main log from toay: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I really appreciate your help

Edited:

I did only one flight but litchy detected 3 different log from this flight. maybe due to the litchi crashes?

A couple of observations;

Flying directly overhead is the worst possible scenario for signal quality.

While electrical wires and trees my have an impact on your control connection and video downlink it is more likely, looking at where you were flying, that wifi and other devices would have had the greatest influence. 1000m is great distance for a P3s in this environment.

If your a professional you should be looking at an inspire 2 (P4P at a minimum).

Its the 500m altitude that gets me. Newbie flyer, read the rules then ???

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Well, I would like to get the inspire but for testing purposes, I think the p4 it's a good beginning to see if I would like to get involved in to the drone photography. And yes, I'm newbie on the drone world (no more than 10 flights) but I'm a experienced r/c airplane flyer, and I think that helps me a lot.
Any idea if it's my iPad, my drone or the litchi app that makes the automatic panoramic picture fail? It fails in a different heights.
Thanks for your answers.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L53 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The problem I see is that you said after the 3rd or 4th pic you took control again? What I do on my one which oddly enough was at the same height as you, I set up a way point mission at max altitude, and selected it to automatically take pics panorama mode. It done it perfectly. I was surprised I had full video feed at that height too. However I didn't manually take pics. It was set up to do it. Maybe try that approach [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Reactions: Checomx
By now I'm flying on my neighborhood. No electric wires, big antennas or electric towers near, the tallest building around here is 3 floors height. No big trees It's on the city limit so if I flight outside the neighborhood to the east, you only will find more and more desert (That's de direction that I fly to test the max distance) and I always was pointing the antenna to the bird and never visual lost the drone.

The problem I see is that you said after the 3rd or 4th pic you took control again? What I do on my one which oddly enough was at the same height as you, I set up a way point mission at max altitude, and selected it to automatically take pics panorama mode. It done it perfectly. I was surprised I had full video feed at that height too. However I didn't manually take pics. It was set up to do it. Maybe try that approach [emoji4]

Neon Euc
I was looking to create a point mission and let the drone to do everything automatically, but I found that doing that I will only have one row of pics. (maybe I need to enter manually the rest of the gumball position?)

I was looking to create a point mission and let the drone to do everything automatically, but I found that doing that I will only have one row of pics. (maybe I need to enter manually the rest of the gumball position?)

This is what I do... I personally create a mission then for the pic I select the the panorama (pictured in red box on my pic)

Then just as I launch it I adjust the camera to point down at a certain angle and leave it at that.

You can programme it to take panorama with the camera pointed up or down at a certain angle but I never play with that.
1488290586866.png

Neon Euc

Great!. Thank you. I will try this later and I would let you know my comments. Do you know if I lost the signal or the litchi app crashes during the mission, the drone will finish the job and then start RTH? I think yes, but I want to be sure.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Great!. Thank you. I will try this later and I would let you know my comments. Do you know if I lost the signal or the litchi app crashes during the mission, the drone will finish the job and then start RTH? I think yes, but I want to be sure.

I lose signal all the time on litchi... Usually 9 mins at a time. Always comes back and completed the mission. At first it's so nerve wrecking but when you hear it and can't see it, the excitement really gives me a buzz [emoji4][emoji4]

Neon Euc

Windsurfers are bad for what you are trying to do. Take them off and extend the antenna so they are horizontal. I lose connection before I even get to 400 feet above me with windsurfers.

Windsurfers are bad for what you are trying to do. Take them off and extend the antenna so they are horizontal. I lose connection before I even get to 400 feet above me with windsurfers.
I have the opposite effect. With windsurfers I went out to just under 3 miles. Had full video feed. Would have gone further but I didn't want to risk battery not making it back

Neon Euc

I have the opposite effect. With windsurfers I went out to just under 3 miles. Had full video feed. Would have gone further but I didn't want to risk battery not making it back

Neon Euc
Yes I know that, I can get a long way out with mine. Directly overhead they suck though and I think that's what the OP was doing. I hover at ~400 feet up for sunset pics directly above me and have to take them off.

I wanna see how do you hold your remote with windsurfers attached and AC at 500m almost right above you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes, I know its very tired holding the remote always pointing straight up plus the ipad air and the sun Hood, but the excitement to see if I can reach the highest altitude worth it.

If possible, today I will take out the windsurfers and test it. also I will try to make some panoramic pics at different altitudes and post the results.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj