Litchi can now be installed on the P4P+ and CrystalSky!

So, did you guys buy the app thru Amazon appstore but there's no way to connect it to the drone? Really?

This is really unacceptable!
I followed all the instructions, payed for the Litchi app through Amazon...

It installed correctly on my P4P+ remote controller but I haven’t been able to pair it with the aircraft. It always says DISCONNECTED. I’ve tried to disable defaults, delete cache, force quite DJI GO app... connect usb cable from remote to aircraft, select Litchi as boot application... rebooted both remote and aircraft... everything! And no luck!

Anyone have been able to connect to aircraft??

PLEASE HELP

Reactions: laddben
"Known issue For Samsung Galaxy S5, Xiaomi Mi5 and LG G4 devices running Android 6+, connecting to Litchi with any aircraft model except the P3 Standard/P3 4K will only work if Litchi is the only DJI-based app installed on the device (DJI Go, or other third party DJI apps must not be installed on the same device)."

THAT MEANS WE WON'T BE ABLE TO USE LITCHI WITH THE P4P+ remote controller because the DJI GO app is preinstalled on it and cannot be uninstalled??? :S

Ok, I got Litchi working on the P+ controller this morning. The group on Facebook had a post this morning about it and the (hopefully) workaround got me fixed up
First off, you need a short USB cable that will jump the ports on the controller. Boot up the controller as usual. Go into Settings/Apps and force stop all DJI running applications. Go back to the home screen. Plug the USB cable into both ports of the controller. What should occur is a pop up appears giving you the option of using either Litchi or DJI and the option of using the app always or just once. For me I just checked "Just Once" then tapped on Litchi. Litchi should open up for you. It may or may not have a popup window to register Litchi app, just check agree. Give it a few seconds and you should have Litchi running and will connect to the aircraft

Reactions: albertjulve
Ok, I got Litchi working on the P+ controller this morning. The group on Facebook had a post this morning about it and the (hopefully) workaround got me fixed up
First off, you need a short USB cable that will jump the ports on the controller. Boot up the controller as usual. Go into Settings/Apps and force stop all DJI running applications. Go back to the home screen. Plug the USB cable into both ports of the controller. What should occur is a pop up appears giving you the option of using either Litchi or DJI and the option of using the app always or just once. For me I just checked "Just Once" then tapped on Litchi. Litchi should open up for you. It may or may not have a popup window to register Litchi app, just check agree. Give it a few seconds and you should have Litchi running and will connect to the aircraft

Interesting. Any idea exactly what jumping the controller USB ports is doing? Normally the dialog box should appear without doing that - for example I've been using a CrystalSky with both DJI Go and DJI Pilot, and get that dialog box on startup.

After charging the controller due to the experimenting I've done, I've found that once the controller boots up, plug a loose end of the USB into the corresponding jack. [EDIT: I've found that you can leave the USB cable plugged in. Once the controller boots up, wait for it to finish checking for software. The popup will appear automatically after the controller "sees" the USB connection. Then follow the below]
The popup will ask you which app you want to use. Since I'm not sure which, and don't want to set a default as of yet, I choose Litchi, then tap Just Once. Start the aircraft and once Litchi has loaded, the aircraft should connect to the R/C. The USB cord needs to stay plugged in. When you unplug one end or the other you'll lose connection with the aircraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grumpy D and sar104
After charging the controller due to the experimenting I've done, I've found that once the controller boots up, plug a loose end of the USB into the corresponding jack. The popup will ask you which app you want to use. Since I'm not sure which, and don't want to set a default as of yet, I choose Litchi, then tap Just Once. Start the aircraft and once Litchi has loaded, the aircraft should connect to the R/C. The USB cord needs to stay plugged in. When you unplug one end or the other you'll lose connection with the aircraft.

Have you flown with it in that configuration? Is there anything wonky outside of normal p4p+ remote stuff when using litchi?

Have you flown with it in that configuration? Is there anything wonky outside of normal p4p+ remote stuff when using litchi?
Weather has been too crappy outside. I've gone through some of the settings inside running the a/c without props and all seems well so far

So I'm confused. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus with a built-in (permanently attached) monitor on the controller. I purchased it in July 2017. Is my built-in monitor considered to be the "crystalsky" product? Does this new Litchi capability apply to my drone?

Dont confuse stand alone (crystalsky) monitors with the phantom 4 pro plus controller, the software is different, the hardware is different, members that do, know nothing about it
I feel sorry for members calling the pro plus controller a crystalsky just because the screen is bright

So I'm confused. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus with a built-in (permanently attached) monitor on the controller. I purchased it in July 2017. Is my built-in monitor considered to be the "crystalsky" product? Does this new Litchi capability apply to my drone?
I too have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus with the built-in 5.5 inch Crystal Sky monitor the same as you. You can now download the Amazon app store and thru it, purchase through it purchased litchi and download that to your controller. In order for you to use litchi you will have to do as instructed above have a USB to micro-usb cable and connect them on the back of the controller you will have to first disabled the DJI Go app and when you boot up again it will ask you which app to use litchi or DGI it will ask one time or always There were detailed instructions above and they do work I have flown with lichi on mine and am very happy it performs as well on this drone as it does Phantom 3 standard. I hope this helps.

Dont confuse stand alone (crystalsky) monitors with the phantom 4 pro plus controller, the software is different, the hardware is different, members that do, know nothing about it
I feel sorry for members calling the pro plus controller a crystalsky just because the screen is bright
It must be a terrible burden to have to know everything. How do you make sure you are the smartest person in the world?

Brimba, please check the DJI website, I believe the built in monitor is not called a CRYSTAL SKY, but it in fact works the same as the stand alone crystal sky. , it just has different buttons and battery, but functions the same.

Last edited:
I too have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus with the built-in 5.5 inch Crystal Sky monitor the same as you. You can now download the Amazon app store and thru it, purchase through it purchased litchi and download that to your controller. In order for you to use litchi you will have to do as instructed above have a USB to micro-usb cable and connect them on the back of the controller you will have to first disabled the DJI Go app and when you boot up again it will ask you which app to use litchi or DGI it will ask one time or always There were detailed instructions above and they do work I have flown with lichi on mine and am very happy it performs as well on this drone as it does Phantom 3 standard. I hope this helps.
It's not a CrystalSky.

Reactions: clgreen101
the mods to install playstore on crystalsky also work on the GL300E. The only difference is that you need to bridge the usb ports with the cable to get the flight apps to connect to the bird. ;)

It's not a CrystalSky.
I stated that it is not called crystal sky in the above post, i did misquote in original, but please tell me what the difference is? It appears the specs are pretty much the same at least from what I was able to research. You say tomato, I say tomatoe....lol..still waiting to be shown where I was wrong other than the name..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20