Litchi app on Android

Hello,
I've searched but can't find a clear answer...can Litchi record GPS coordinates during the flight? In other words, if my Phantom goes down for some reason, can I find the last known GPS coordinates.

Last edited:
can Litchi record GPS coordinates during the flight?
The Android version of Litchi can show the GPS coordinates in real-time. Both the Android and iOS versions of Litchi store the flight data in a log on the mobile device. So, you could also view that log to find the last recorded GPS coordinates.

I'm not very tech savvy, so pardon my ignorance. I purchased the Litchi app for my android, but just purchased an iPad to use with my Phantom 4. Do I have to purchase Litchi again now, but through the Apple store? Or is there a way to transfer it to my iPad?

You must purchase Litchi for both iOS and Android if you want to use it on both types of devices.

From firmware 1.5:

The Waypoint Trace Length(The distance from the first waypoint to the last one) increased from 10km to 30km.
The Mission Length(Waypoint Trace Length plus the distance between the current position to the first waypoint and the distance between the last waypoint to the Home point) increased from 15km to 40km.

It's unclear how much this is on fw 1.6 or 1.7. DJI just ignores requests for comments on this.
Hello Fred
have a question for you if you can answer it. It's about the Litchi version for Phantom 2 vision plus version 2.7.2 .
Is there a maxim flight time on a way point mission. I'm trying to figure out a problem I've had with Litchi kicking out of way point and going into RTH mode and the only same thing is 17 1/2 minutes into the flight.
Also I've setup a mission that would take me out to 4.2 miles and I've tried it two time bout times it stops at 4.1 miles , it's like there is a barrier at that distance away for home point.
Thank you

Why is the P3 Pro & inspire app version $25 but all.other models are free, for Google play that is. Yet the same version was FREE on my iphone & iPad. What's the justification here.....[emoji53]??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Why is the P3 Pro & inspire app version $25 but all.other models are free, for Google play that is. Yet the same version was FREE on my iphone & iPad. What's the justification here.....[emoji53]??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
The free version is for the Phantom 2 only. Litchi just put it out there for the users of Phantom 2 to use. They are not going any upgrades.

Reactions: JBG
Litchi Screen problem - I have Litchi running on an Android Nvidia Shield tablet. If I create a POI, then tap on that to update the parameters the screen display enlarges. And now I cannot see the entire screen anymore, only an enlarged portion of it. To get the screen back to normal size I have to exit Litchi, then restart.

Does anyone know how to prevent this screen/display resolution change? THanks!

Litchi Screen problem - I have Litchi running on an Android Nvidia Shield tablet. If I create a POI, then tap on that to update the parameters the screen display enlarges. And now I cannot see the entire screen anymore, only an enlarged portion of it. To get the screen back to normal size I have to exit Litchi, then restart.

Does anyone know how to prevent this screen/display resolution change? THanks!
I would be interested in knowing to. I do my plotting on my laptop because of this also.

Hi,

I am trying to do the following shot...

Flying towards an object in a given altitude, e.g. 10m, and as I get closer, pull up to e.g. 20m and keep flying over the object, but keep my gimbal on it.

How would I do that with Litchi?

Thanks,

Kmd

Hi,

I am trying to do the following shot...

Flying towards an object in a given altitude, e.g. 10m, and as I get closer, pull up to e.g. 20m and keep flying over the object, but keep my gimbal on it.

How would I do that with Litchi?

Thanks,

Kmd
I have not tried this mode yet.
With Litchi's Track mode, your DJI drone now understands what it sees.
Using state of the art computer vision algorithms, Litchi keeps your selection perfectly framed while you fly the aircraft. Don't want to fly manually? That's ok too, start an autonomous Orbit or Follow and watch Litchi take care of everything.

It is instant. Tap on one of the two download links on our front page to access the app on your device
This was the reply from Litchi support nothing happens!?

Gents sorry my bad the transaction never took place had to do it again i'm happy now Litchi is on my phone!!
Feel like an Idiot LOL :)
Thanks for replying!!

Hi, I was flying my 1st mission with Litchi yesterday and my Galaxy S6 went into sleep mode while flying. Had to use my wife's J7 and download the app while my
Phantom was hanging in there. Could take control and land my drone safely. Any idea why this has happen?
I know if you press the volume control buttons and the on and off button the phone goes into sleep mode but this was not the case!

Hi, I was flying my 1st mission with Litchi yesterday and my Galaxy S6 went into sleep mode while flying. Had to use my wife's J7 and download the app while my
Phantom was hanging in there. Could take control and land my drone safely. Any idea why this has happen?
I know if you press the volume control buttons and the on and off button the phone goes into sleep mode but this was not the case!
I'd suggest you contact them directly via their FB page to determine if it's a Litchi problem or a tablet issue:
Fly Litchi on FaceBook

I am having a major problem with Litchi. I have this same issue on 2 different devices, an S5 and an LG tablet. See the video for details (it is short). But in a nut shell track doesn't work. Also, often times while this issue happens, the gimbal points straight down and doesn't allow me to control it even after switching back to FPV mode. I can close Litchi while still in flight, launch the DJI app and I have control of the gimbal again. Tracking works ok in the DJI app.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I contacted Litchi support and was told I was having problems with tracking in Litchi because my device was too slow and my video was jerky. I bought a new device that should have plenty of power Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 and Mali-T628 MP4 GPU.

Huawei MediaPad X2 - Full tablet specifications

It still has the same issue. The video is not jerky until I start tracking (actually, it wasn't jerky on any of my devices until I start tracking). I am not sure how this could be a device issue with the specs it has. Also, this device is not listed as one that will not allow to have Litchi and the DJI Go app installed at the same time. However, if I have Litchi and DJI Go installed, neither will work. So, I am not able to use tracking at all with this device. I am not a developer but being that this issue is present on 3 different android devices, using 3 different versions of android and on one device that is particularly powerful, I can only assume there is something going on with the software. FYI, I have enabled developer options on the tablet and tried all the performance settings available (force GPU Rendering) killed all other apps in the background etc. Nothing helps. There is plenty of CPU available. I have emailed the dev back but I am not getting a response.

So, is there any troubleshooting/info I can do or give you to help figure out what is causing the problem in Litchi with tracking?

Or, anyone have any tips allow both the Litchi app and DJI Go on the same device? (not at the same time, I understand one has to be completely killed/shutdown.

Thanks for any info

I read on Litchi's site that there is a known problem with Litchi and DJI Go app both on the S5. The DJI Go app must be uninstalled for Litchi to work on the Galaxy S5.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers