Litchi and Phantom 4 Pro +

Waypoint actions. Oh yeah. They probably require a connection. The interesting question is whether the “stay” action (to which I presume you refer) needs a connection. If it does than it won’t stay if it’s out of range.

A little off topic but related to your point, I’ve noticed something disturbing lately with Litchi on my Crystalsky. I have a couple short missions with straight lines and actions at waypoints: stay 2s, take pic, stay 2s. But lately it never gets to the waypoint to execute. It gets close and then mills around near the waypoint and the status indicates in motion or some such. Not mission ended. I’m sure of it. I have to cancel the mission and bring it back. I need to do more testing.

Waypoint actions. Oh yeah. They probably require a connection. The interesting question is whether the “stay” action (to which I presume you refer) needs a connection. If it does than it won’t stay if it’s out of range.

A little off topic but related to your point, I’ve noticed something disturbing lately with Litchi on my Crystalsky. I have a couple short missions with straight lines and actions at waypoints: stay 2s, take pic, stay 2s. But lately it never gets to the waypoint to execute. It gets close and then mills around near the waypoint and the status indicates in motion or some such. Not mission ended. I’m sure of it. I have to cancel the mission and bring it back. I need to do more testing.
I had a similar experience with my Mavic Pro, while it was out on a Litchi mission beyond signal range since such fully autonomous flights are legal out here in the sticks. A new airport is being bulldozed out of the jungle and I sent the Mavic Pro to film the work in progress. On the return leg of the trip, with the drone back within signal range yet still over the construction site, I noted several unplanned stops, that persisted even when I hit the RTH button and applied full throttle.

This was the first time that a drone of mine behaved as though it had a mind of its own, and it was pretty unnerving while it lasted. Finally, I got the Mavic heading home by lowering the altitude, because I assumed it might have encountered a strong headwind at 200 feet AGL, even though there was very little wind blowing at the launch site. I'm still scratching my head over that anomaly and even wondering if there might have been a drone signal jammer at work somewhere en route.

Were you facing into the sun with OA turned on? Did you hit stop to cancel the mission?

Were you facing into the sun with OA turned on? Did you hit stop to cancel the mission?
The sun was almost directly overhead, but it is helpful to learn that a Mavic Pro's Obstacle Avoidance feature could false-trigger if pointed towards the sun when the sun sits low in the sky during the early morning or late evening. That is certainly something to be aware of when I plan my future flights.

Regarding my frantic interruption of that Litchi flight over the airport construction zone, I neglected to hit the stop option on my iPad screen, because I assumed that actuating the RTH button on the controller was all that was needed to regain manual control. The odd thing was that the drone continued that pattern of slowing down to an uncommanded stop even after RTH had been selected, and only picked up speed when I dropped the altitude significantly.

Hello I was using Litchi on a P4pro V2+ with the GL300K remote (with built-in display) for month. Waypoints missions, 360° panoramas... all was really fine and reliable. Until yesterday !
Litchi asks me to delog-relog and DJI app requested update. After this update... Litchi does not connect anymore.
I'am really angry because I have many planned paid work to do with... I post another comment on the dedicated topic about this fact.
Hello. Can you tell me how did you install litchi on your GL 300 K remote controller. I have the same drone as you. Phantom 4pro V2+ with GL 300K.

Hello. Can you tell me how did you install litchi on your GL 300 K remote controller. I have the same drone as you. Phantom 4pro V2+ with GL 300K.
Read the entire post, explains the steps required, install Amazon Store on (+) remote and purchase Litchi there and install. More available using the search function (magnifying glass).

Reactions: snowghost
here is what I did :

I've used Litchi on several iOs devices including older iPads. You shouldn't have an issue.
The issue is the USB-C of iPad Mini 6. In fact I understand from others, Apple devices with USB-C operating with iOS15 does not connect to the RC of P4P V1. It does not connect to the RC of P4P V1 when using DJIGO4 App. iPad Mini 6 connects to all other drones. DJI has acknowledged this issue but does not assure a date for an update to resolve the connection issue. That is why, I want to know if Litchi works with iPad Mini 6 to fly P4P V1.

Phantom 4 Pro V1 RC GL300F does not connect with the Apple iPad mini 6 using the DJI GO4 App. Any one tried using Litchi App on iPad Mini 6 to connect with the RC GL300F ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 97

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31