Litchi and Google Earth (again) ....

Rod
I had a P3. Apart from all the technical improvements, flying one is not much different to the other from what I can see, in my opinion. Waypoints are still useless (well, lacking a feature), as you have to do them "on the fly" rather than from home, hence my fiddling with Litchi. I am not in any way an expert though so others will probably jump all over this and disagree and they might be right. It is obviously a better drone than the P3, which I was actually happy with, else they wouldn't sell them. The camera is amazingly good. I don't even have a 4K TV but when I watch the video's, they are jaw dropping. But this is not a technical review, I'm not qualified. But I LOVE it. Just don't want it to wipe out anything. The sensors all over it make it almost idiot proof, hard to crash one. Have tried to smash it into my head at full speed but the sensors do work. Not so sure they will stop landing in water, but not prepared to field test that. But the idea that sometimes it will just take over is really not working for me. Singularity perhaps.

"Waypoints are still useless (well, lacking a feature), as you have to do them "on the fly" rather than from home, hence my fiddling with Litchi."

It appears that you did not look at my links on Post#36?
Try this link: Litchi and Google Earth (again) ....

Rod

"Motor overheating message appears."
Well this is important!

"Line drops, message stops, low battery message starts."
Well this is important!

"Hit RTH as I trust it to not make any dumb mistakes more than I trust me with battery low."
"Started with 100% battery. Ended with 0%."

RTH? When you are low on battery that is not in your favor, you can fly much faster manually.

Next day, (day after actually as I had to drive home plus wondering it is safe to fly, or whether the thing would just fly off, in an area with less margin for error). I replace the battery, take it for a test flight, 100% perfect."
You forgot to mention:
"
I removed the bait dropper and replaced the battery and it flew perfectly. (The next day when I had recovered)"
That is from this thread: Best Drone fishing releases for DJI Phantoms 2018 / 2019

I'm also waiting for answer from this post: Best Drone fishing releases for DJI Phantoms 2018 / 2019

Rod

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20