Litchi and Google Earth (again) ....

Reaction score
I've created a waypoint mission using Litchi. It's an overwater flight of a local freshwater pond. Litchi reports it's at 212 ft MSL. I've got the Above Ground and Use Online Elevation settings checked in Litchi. As I always do, I've exported the Litchi mission into a KML file to load into Google. The paths for the file enter the water in Google earth at the beginning and end of the flight even though the Litchi alt is set to 42'. What would the result of the flight be? Anyone? Screen shots attached:

View attachment 112705View attachment 112705

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.48.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.48.48 AM.png
    454.4 KB · Views: 409
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.42.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.42.27 AM.png
    543 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Google Earth has 5 different ground references it can use. Make sure that the KML ground references are correct between GE and Litchi. You can read the KML file with any text reader.

I use the Chrome plugin and export to Google Earth and export as VLM. You get better details this way

Reactions: Avocet
Litchi App work alone? or work with the DJI go app?? Assume I need both apps to make the litchi app work?

Litchi App work alone? or work with the DJI go app?? Assume I need both apps to make the litchi app work?

They work independently of each other.

1. Download and install the Chrome Litchi Virtual Mission plugin
2. Open Mission Hub - Litchi using Chrome browser
3. Click on Missions and export as VLM
4. Click on the download and Google Earth will open.

You can even fly the Virtual Mission. You must first open or create a mission.

Reactions: Avocet
They work independently of each other.
Litchi will not function if DJI Go has not been installed on the same device. Litchi piggybacks on DJI SDK settings.m (Make sure DJI software is NOT running in the background when trying start, connect or use Litchi.)

1. Download and install the Chrome Litchi Virtual Mission plugin
2. Open Mission Hub - Litchi using Chrome browser
3. Click on Missions and export as VLM
4. Click on the download and Google Earth will open.

You can even fly the Virtual Mission. You must first open or create a mission.

View attachment 112732
It seems for the longest time Litchi VLM was a Windows only environment. I haven't checked since but just tried the Chrome extension with very good results. A much more detailed output. Thanks heaps for urging me to revisit.

Reactions: GFields
But possibly because without the profile there's nothing else to discuss?
I did inlcude a screen shot of the Litchi mission where the altitudes were in question. You can see from the other image the problem was with wp 1 and wp 21 (start and end) where they appear to submerge into the pond. Nonetheless, I just took a dive into the Chrome extension for VLM and it solved my issues as it provides a far superior export set of data and graphs. Thanks for your help.

Litchi will not function if DJI Go has not been installed on the same device. Litchi piggybacks on DJI SDK settings.m (Make sure DJI software is NOT running in the background when trying start, connect or use Litchi.)
BINGO. That’s the answer I was looking for.
Thank you sir.
I still don’t have the grapes to let litchi dispose of my fine phantom into a big pine tree,Maybe soon after I buy a back up drone. Litchi seems to be a good working app. But but I just don’t know yet.

Litchi will not function if DJI Go has not been installed on the same device.
That statement didn't sound quite right to me, so I got curious enough to try it.

Did a 'Factory Reset' on a long-retired Galaxy S3 phone, jumped through all the initial setup hoops, and tied it to my Google account.

Restored Litchi (3.10.10) from a previous backup of a different device, registered it using my Litchi account name/password -- and it works fine... without DJI GO having been installed on that device after the reset.

Not to disparage your knowledge of Phantoms, just trying to keep the record straight....

{ok, NOW the thread has jumped the rails ;) ...apologies in advance :( )

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl