Litchi.....a bit disappointed

I think my way forward will be to acquire a drone only tablet and keep all other apps off it. The M3 looks promising and was one of Litchi suggestions.

I looked and compared both the M3 and the Galaxy Tab S2. They're very comparable for specifications, although the M3 may have a slight advantage. Although I was leaning to the S2, I knew what to expect from a Samsung. My biggest reason for getting a dedicated tablet was screen size. Although the screen on my S5 phone isn't small, it's far from ideal for reading all the nagging little warnings that pop up while flying. That, and being able to clearly see all of the in-flight data on the screen was also a concern. The M3 was a bit less money, and the positive comments by others on this site are what pushed me in that direction. My M3 doesn't have data, but it does have GPS. I just received it this week and haven't had it out on flights yet but, hopefully this weekend. I think either the M3 or the Tab S2 would be good choices. Good luck.

I looked and compared both the M3 and the Galaxy Tab S2. They're very comparable for specifications, although the M3 may have a slight advantage. Although I was leaning to the S2, I knew what to expect from a Samsung. My biggest reason for getting a dedicated tablet was screen size. Although the screen on my S5 phone isn't small, it's far from ideal for reading all the nagging little warnings that pop up while flying. That, and being able to clearly see all of the in-flight data on the screen was also a concern. The M3 was a bit less money, and the positive comments by others on this site are what pushed me in that direction. My M3 doesn't have data, but it does have GPS. I just received it this week and haven't had it out on flights yet but, hopefully this weekend. I think either the M3 or the Tab S2 would be good choices. Good luck.

Can I ask the spec of the M3 you have? There appears to be 3 GB and a 4 GB model available.

I thought you may confirm that model.
Here in UK the lite is around 170 pounds and the model you have around 340 pounds! ...I guess that's about 400 dollars.

Best tablet for the best price.
1524850506681.png

My phone has the same specs and never an issue with DJI go or litchi. It's from AliExpress app. Been buying phones from them for years and no issues at all

I thought you may confirm that model.
Here in UK the lite is around 170 pounds and the model you have around 340 pounds! ...I guess that's about 400 dollars.
I only have the lite, not sure if it was in this thread or not, £150 from Argos

Best tablet for the best price. View attachment 98209
My phone has the same specs and never an issue with DJI go or litchi. It's from AliExpress app. Been buying phones from them for years and no issues at all
Good prices on Ali express....£230 for the full spec M3...,but not used Ali express before....

Last edited:
Does the lite work ok for you and is it exclusively used for your drone or laden with other stuff?
All I use it for is flying and bit of surfing here and there, I have a old Tab for CCTV and abusing,
I got it thinking it would be going back, so only got it from Argoose for this reason, but its had a fair few flights now and been spot on.

Good prices on Ali express....£230 for the full spec M3...,but not used Ali express before....
Once you buy from there, you will never buy anywhere else. Waiting time could be anything between a week to a month tho

Hi There Hiwayman,
I have been using Litchi for a while now and found it to work better for me then Go4 app, I am using a iPad Mini 3 and has always worked beautiful, when I used it on my Android device not so good.
Just a thought.
SteveP55

I've read this thread with interest because since I got my Crystalsky, I have been locked to Go4. I have found Litchi unusable on CS, which I have said before. The other interesting part is that I have never had Go4 crash even once. It has worked flawlessly with my CS. I seem to be experiencing just the opposite of what most are seeing.

I have several android devices, tablets, phones etc. but have come to the realization that the one thing that works well on these crafts is the ipad mini2. I have a used pair and I use them for only the mavic and phantom nothing else. So far not one issue with speed or stability and all I use is litchi I only use go for some parameter settings. So my advice is to go get a used Ipad mini2 on eBay. Besides most of the software developers are apple people so you know it's geared towards the Ipads not androids.

I was having problems with my litchi app shutting down . I was advised to increase my ram. I was using a 1.5 android phone that could not keep up. . I purchased a Huawei Media Pad M3 with 4 gigs of ram and problem was solved. I fly a P3S I love the big screen and can not go back to my phone. I asked about rooting and trying to find a user friendly app but decided to end the misery and get the Huawei tablet. Used "like new" on Amazon.

Last edited:
I had the same issue. I had to get a new tablet on which both litchi and the Goapp would work. My previous samsung tablet E had 1.5 gig of memory and after a while litchi would crash. I was advised by their tech support that my tablet did not have processing power.

The M3 Hauwei has 4 gig of system memory. Litchi works well on it. I think the M3 is on both the Litchi and DJI GoApp list.

I have over 500 miles of flight using Litchi with my P3P and my Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7 inch tablet. Litchi is fantastic. I never fly with DJI Go since I got Litchi. I hope this info is useful.

Litchi is unusable on a CrystalSky, due to video lag and choppiness. According to CPU-Z, my CS has a Rockchip RK3066 4-core CPU @1.61GHz with a Mali-T760 GPU. Just an FYI before you go out and get a more expensive tablet, just to run Litchi.
Fyi, I am using Litchi almost exclusively on my DJI CrystalSky. As far as I can tell it is working fine without a noticeable video lag.

Reactions: ryantrax
I had same trouble with litchi. I upgraded my tablet to 4 gb of ram as per litchis support advice, and it has worked great ever since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers