Link Button Failure ...

Reaction score
While attempting to relink my P3P to my controller, the relink button is not working (intermittent success). I believe it is a hardware failure. Would replacing the VPS module (cheap and easy) be the first fix at this? This IS where the button is located.

I've ruled out controller and cable issues and know the problem is with the bird.

Change the VPS? Thanks!

Do you feel button working,it might have fallen or broken off board,have read some falling in the past

Do you have another remote that you can borrow to confirm that it is the link button on the AC? You sound familiar with your bird so I believe you are heading in the right direction.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Do you have another remote that you can borrow to confirm that it is the link button on the AC? You sound familiar with your bird so I believe you are heading in the right direction.
I have 2 other P3Ps and was able to connect each remote to each bird using all cables and tablets with no issues. What I'm trying to decide is if the hard failure is in the VPS module or the sensor board that it connects to. The button and the LED are both on the VPS. I guess the next step will be to swap out VPS Part 36 to this bird and see if I can link.

hmmm..

Do you feel button working,it might have fallen or broken off board,have read some falling in the past
Yes, I feel the slight click ...

I have 2 other P3Ps and was able to connect each remote to each bird using all cables and tablets with no issues. What I'm trying to decide is if the hard failure is in the VPS module or the sensor board that it connects to. The button and the LED are both on the VPS. I guess the next step will be to swap out VPS Part 36 to this bird and see if I can link.

hmmm..
If you’re capable, it does sound like a good idea. You said you feel the click but does it blink? If not, it’s worth the swap. If it does blink try a different remote and relink

The button and the LED are both on the VPS. I guess the next step will be to swap out VPS Part 36 to this bird and see if I can link.
Be careful with what you order. The link button is on the OFDM module board, not the VPS board. Both boards are located under the same white cover.
Part 36 is the VPS board which wont help you at all with a linking issue.

Here is some info about the OFDM board used for linking:

Be careful with what you order. The link button is on the OFDM module board, not the VPS board. Both boards are located under the same white cover.
Part 36 is the VPS board which wont help you at all with a linking issue.

Here is some info about the OFDM board used for linking:
Thanks for this Oso ... the physical button IS actually on the VPS module, clearly visible. However, if if you are saying that its circuitry is dependent on the OFDM, I will learn that when I swap out a VPS module from another P3P which I will be doing this week. That OFDM looks like a pain to replace, 4 antennas, and some puny plugs but doable from what I can tell.

I've read that there are 2 generations of the OFDM board, a later one that uses a pin/plug and an earlier one that uses a solder connection. I will have to check and see which I have I suppose. I am NOT a good solderer! Thanks for that information link, brother, and

Thanks for the input ...

the physical button IS actually on the VPS module, clearly visible.
It’s on the OFDM module board, not the VPS board. I even gave you a link to a page explaining that, with pictures of the OFDM board showing the link button and LED. All I can do is pass along the facts. After that it’s up to you.

That OFDM looks like a pain to replace, 4 antennas, and some puny plugs but doable from what I can tell.
Not the easiest based on what others have noted, but there are videos. A few people here have not labeled the antenna wires 1-4, so once you see that the button is on the OFDM board, remember to mark the antenna wires (<link) before popping them off of the board.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Yep, sounds like the OFMD board. I bought one P3P awhile back that I had to replace that board. The DJI Go app showed a no signal error though. Replacing it isn’t difficult, although pay attention to the antenna wires routing also. As already said,mark the wires 1-4. If you get them mixed up, there is an old post on this forum that shows the proper order.

Reactions: Avocet
Thanks, guys, for your assistance with this. I'll post back when resolved. Have a great day and a meaningful day of thanks coming up.

Best,

Hi Folks ... I finally found a reasonably priced OFDM board and have installed it. On a scale of 1 - 10 with moderate skills I'd rate this as a 3 in terms of difficulty. If you are old and useless like me, be sure to have some magnification strapped to your head! Bird linked up on the 2nd try. I will always be curious as to the nature of failures like this with so few moving parts and exposure. Quality Control issues? Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Oso
Hi Folks ... I finally found a reasonably priced OFDM board and have installed it. On a scale of 1 - 10 with moderate skills I'd rate this as a 3 in terms of difficulty. If you are old and useless like me, be sure to have some magnification strapped to your head! Bird linked up on the 2nd try. I will always be curious as to the nature of failures like this with so few moving parts and exposure. Quality Control issues? Thanks again for your help.
the link buttons seem low quality and have been bad or lost in the past. props to oso for stopping you wasting money on the wrong part.

Reactions: Avocet
It’s on the OFDM module board, not the VPS board. I even gave you a link to a page explaining that, with pictures of the OFDM board showing the link button and LED. All I can do is pass along the facts. After that it’s up to you.

Not the easiest based on what others have noted, but there are videos. A few people here have not labeled the antenna wires 1-4, so once you see that the button is on the OFDM board, remember to mark the antenna wires (<link) before popping them off of the board.

Good luck. :)
... and thanks again OSO for your wisdom ...

?

Reactions: JoBe and Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.