lightbridge firmware PROBLEM (and solution) - firmware version not found by dji assistant tool

I got the know how from the following site GitHub - mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools: Tools for handling DJI Phantom quadcopter firmwares.

Here is what I did to flash the DM36x . To enter boot mode I connected 1 & 2 to 3.3v. My ftdi did not provide enough current to boot the board. Used an external power supply.

Any luck creating images to flash? I use the one gaucho made for phantom 2 video transmission modules, but would like to learn how to extract other images off p2 and p3 hardware...

I got the know how from the following site GitHub - mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools: Tools for handling DJI Phantom quadcopter firmwares.

Here is what I did to flash the DM36x . To enter boot mode I connected 1 & 2 to 3.3v. My ftdi did not provide enough current to boot the board. Used an external power supply.

Hello

Great Tutorial! Thank you very much for your work and sharing! Not many would do that.
I also got a Phantom 2 Vision+ and now no more live stream.
I tried to follow your tutorial, but my board wont show readable info. I use an normal USB=>COM adapter, could this be the problem? Tried diffrent baudrates, no readable boot info.

Is it necessarry to connect 3.3v, 12v and 5v or only 5v?

Thank you very much in advance!

Angryhellfire

Attachments

• DSC_1345.JPG
    DSC_1345.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 493
  • DSC_1344.JPG
    DSC_1344.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 467
  • DSC_1343.JPG
    DSC_1343.JPG
    833.4 KB · Views: 496
  • DSC_1342.JPG
    DSC_1342.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 543
Hello

Great Tutorial! Thank you very much for your work and sharing! Not many would do that.
I also got a Phantom 2 Vision+ and now no more live stream.
I tried to follow your tutorial, but my board wont show readable info. I use an normal USB=>COM adapter, could this be the problem? Tried diffrent baudrates, no readable boot info.

Is it necessarry to connect 3.3v, 12v and 5v or only 5v?

Thank you very much in advance!

Angryhellfire
5v only is fine. Some bad boards won't boot at all. But they will give "boot me" message when BSEL is jumpered. As long as you get that message you can flash it. Hope that helps.

Hello

Thank you for the answer.
When I jump "boot" pin with "3V3" pin, nothing happens in the console.
Perhaps I do something wrong or my COM adapter wont connect to the board.

Angryhellfire

PS: I tried it today with a 2nd wifi board. Nearby same text in console. So I think I have to buy a FTDI adapter. The USB COM adapter wont work. I got the old wifi board. Without holes in the metal shield. Should be the same baudrate on com port?

Attachments

• DSC_1347.JPG
    DSC_1347.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 522
Last edited:
Yep. Same baud for v2 and v3 boards. Com port # is determined by your system and usb settings.

Fyi. I use teraterm, and it says "connecting" in the program bar when I disconnect then reconnect the usb TTL adapter to PC's USB port. Check if you have that msg...?

Hello

Thank you for your help.
Yesterday I could finally get it into "BOOT ME" mode and reflashed it two times.
The problem was my adapter. With an FTDI FT232RL it worked without problems.
After that everthing was ok and i put it again in the drone. Finally I got my live image back! =D
First i put a very small amount of "CPU Cooling Paste" on the chips (like on a cpu). But after I opened the shield again, I saw there was no contact from the chips to the shield.
You have to modify the shield or put about 0.7-1mm cooling paste, that it touch the shield.

Angryhellfire

Reactions: okstuv
Hello

Thank you for your help.
Yesterday I could finally get it into "BOOT ME" mode and reflashed it two times.
The problem was my adapter. With an FTDI FT232RL it worked without problems.
After that everthing was ok and i put it again in the drone. Finally I got my live image back! =D
First i put a very small amount of "CPU Cooling Paste" on the chips (like on a cpu). But after I opened the shield again, I saw there was no contact from the chips to the shield.
You have to modify the shield or put about 0.7-1mm cooling paste, that it touch the shield.

Angryhellfire
Glad to hear you got it flashed!

PS - any changes you'd suggest to my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Video Transmission Module repair document? I've been asking for feedback and making little changes here and there thanks to forum users' input...

Hello

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• log1.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 524
  • putty log.txt
    109.4 KB · Views: 426
Hello

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

The update log looks truncated. It should end with "...completed successfully".

From a quick look, however, the putty log looks like it may still work when reassembled. Does it work?

Cheers

Glad to hear you got it flashed!

PS - any changes you'd suggest to my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Video Transmission Module repair document? I've been asking for feedback and making little changes here and there thanks to forum users' input...

Hello

I would write, that the board needs only 5V connected (first I took a PC Power Supply to get 3.3v, 5v and 12v ;-) ).
And "jump" means let it connected when you power on the board. I was a bit confused: jump it when powered on? Let it jumped or just jump and then remove the jumper? Before or after power connected? =)
And in Tera Term you have to configure under settings the baudrate. I configured it first under "Device Manager" until I discovered the options in the program. ;-)

With my best regards

Angryhellfire

PS - I donated some small amount for the great help and tutorial =)

Hi,
Much appreciated and great feedback. I will be making revisios soon! Thanks.

Hello

I would write, that the board needs only 5V connected (first I took a PC Power Supply to get 3.3v, 5v and 12v ;-) ).
And "jump" means let it connected when you power on the board. I was a bit confused: jump it when powered on? Let it jumped or just jump and then remove the jumper? Before or after power connected? =)
And in Tera Term you have to configure under settings the baudrate. I configured it first under "Device Manager" until I discovered the options in the program. ;-)

With my best regards

Angryhellfire

PS - I donated some small amount for the great help and tutorial =)

GUACHO hi you doing brother ! I am angry going through hell trying to flash my P2V+ wifi module nand I received contantly and every time the following in command USE PORT NAME AS SERIAL PORT I am in a WIN 7 x64 machine I also got a successful BOOTME BOOTME from teraterm also I can report that I got a successful memory erasing process through the following command
sfh_DM36x.exe -nanderase -v -p "COM4"

but every time I use your command

sfh_DM36x.exe –nandflash –v –p "COM4" ubl1_editedByGaucho.img u-boot_modifiedByGaucho.img

Nothing happens In fact I have observed that for a millisecond instance there is an interesting attempt from dos to try to load but suddenly as quick as the header appears it also disappears going back to the normal command header

its weird..........I also like to mention I am not too familiar with command prompt commands but I know I am really close to successfully getting this done is just something really stupid whats its holding me back please help me out buddy you can write me directly to [email protected] I don't want to make this blog bigger I know a lot of people have successfully applied your solutions I have tremendous faith in you please reply one thing I haven't tried is using a x32 machine maybe that's where the problem is but I also noticed many who have used x64 machines successfully on windows 7-10

cheers from Guadalajara Mexico

Hello

You have to change the directory in CMD to the folder where the files are. (put all downloaded files in one folder and navigate before flashing with the command "cd" in cmd console to the filefolder. After that run the command.

Example: files are in folder C:\Temp (use easy path on drive C)

So you have to type in cmd: "cd C:\Temp"

With my best regards

Angryhellfire

@Angryhellfire Hi brother thank you for jumping at the opportunity of helping it is much appreciated, I will try again today your input however I am pretty sure that's exactly what I did, how can I possibly have had the NAND erased If I hadn't gone in to the folder containing the flashing texas instruments app ? or does it work independently ? in such command...... hey I am a complete idiot at this LOL let me try your idea see what happens my man ! please keep in touch cause I sure don't think I will be able to do this that easy if so I will report if you have any other ideas I will appreciated tons !! hope mr gaucho sees this and jumps to the rescue too but hey I read quite a bit about you in the blog you are a heavy weight here too THANK YOU so much for your kind gesture

LONESTAR Caesar at falconair2000@gmail .com

Hi,
Much appreciated and great feedback. I will be making revisios soon! Thanks.
OKSTUV, GREAT tutorial on how to fix P2 Vision +. Mine sat for over a year and went to fly today but no camera visuals. I found out about the problem, and found your well-written tutorial. The instructions are long and daunting, but I am going to do it rather than replace the whole wifi module needlessly. I actually was reading through this thread trying to find the answer to a question I have on your instructions. It's not clear to me at step 2 which files I am supposed to be downloading when your instructions say "Download the Flash utility and binaries for phantom 2 vision plus wifi module firmware" I clicked the link and see files but have no idea which ones I should use or what they are. As long as you are revising, this could use some clarification for those of us who aren't familiar. Can I also suggest if revising, to add pictures, or even better, video? I realize this may be more work than you originally planned and I don't know how donations are going, but it seems like the only real source in one clear place, so I have high hopes for you and your writing of the instructions that were figured out by Gaucho, andrew, and rmhome.
I am looking forward to this:
FT232RL FTDI USB 2.0 to TTL Serial Adapter Module for Arduino Mini Port 3.3V 5V | eBay
cheap alternative to the Tinksky FT232RL FTDI USB2.0 to TTL Serial Converter Adapter. I'm not in too much of a hurry. My batteries had swollen like crazy while stored too, so I can wait for the $3 tool to arrive from across the globe, lol.

Thank you for taking the time to write up the instructions and double thanks to gurus andrew, Gaucho, & rmhome. It's going to help a lot of people, more tha n already by far I think.

Vyoufinder, thanks for the feedback. I'll incorporate what I can in the upcoming revisions.

Cheers!

OKSTUV, GREAT tutorial on how to fix P2 Vision +. Mine sat for over a year and went to fly today but no camera visuals. I found out about the problem, and found your well-written tutorial. The instructions are long and daunting, but I am going to do it rather than replace the whole wifi module needlessly. I actually was reading through this thread trying to find the answer to a question I have on your instructions. It's not clear to me at step 2 which files I am supposed to be downloading when your instructions say "Download the Flash utility and binaries for phantom 2 vision plus wifi module firmware" I clicked the link and see files but have no idea which ones I should use or what they are. As long as you are revising, this could use some clarification for those of us who aren't familiar. Can I also suggest if revising, to add pictures, or even better, video? I realize this may be more work than you originally planned and I don't know how donations are going, but it seems like the only real source in one clear place, so I have high hopes for you and your writing of the instructions that were figured out by Gaucho, andrew, and rmhome.
I am looking forward to this:
FT232RL FTDI USB 2.0 to TTL Serial Adapter Module for Arduino Mini Port 3.3V 5V | eBay
cheap alternative to the Tinksky FT232RL FTDI USB2.0 to TTL Serial Converter Adapter. I'm not in too much of a hurry. My batteries had swollen like crazy while stored too, so I can wait for the $3 tool to arrive from across the globe, lol.

Thank you for taking the time to write up the instructions and double thanks to gurus andrew, Gaucho, & rmhome. It's going to help a lot of people, more tha n already by far I think.

Hello
Today a range extender module from a friend got bricked (probably the android apk 1.0.0.60).
Is there also a pinout done?
Can I readout a working RE and flash the bin/img on the bricked one? Or can I took the bin file on my mobilephone?

The bricked RE is no more sending an ssid and the system LED does nothing.

With my best regards

Angryhellfire

Attachments

• 1508058322139-501346100.jpg
    1508058322139-501346100.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 381
Hi All,

I want to say thank you to all the hard work with this. There's a number of Vision Plus units that have no live view. It's a corrup NAND in the WiFi transmitter board that responds to 192.168.1.10. Using the sfh_DM36x tool I was able to resolve this and I now have my live view back!
Hi,wonder if you can help ,I have black screen scenario but have no technical skills for the re flash ,do you know anybody that does postal repair service.Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic