Left Throttle down -> cut off

I can affirm that this feature is available for my FC-40 by the NAZA-M assistant I downloaded from DJI.
Maybe my NAZA has been changed by the previous owner, I can't tell and I don't know how to check.

I just made new tests switching the settings from "Inteligent" to "Immediatly" and It's changing the behavour as describe into the description from my screenshot.

Without any doubt my issuecame from here.

To be clear...
The NAZA used in the P2 Phantoms is slightly different than a NAZA-M.

I don’t doubt your experiences but don’t assume that what you are able to do is what ALL Assistants offer.

I don't assume that all assistants offer to change this settings, that why I said "and any others Phantoms which you can modify this parameter".
But if you say that Phantom 2 doesn't have this settings available, that mean owner bellow Phantom 2 should have this setting available and should check it :).

I don't assume that all assistants offer to change this settings, that why I said "and any others Phantoms which you can modify this parameter".
But if you say that Phantom 2 doesn't have this settings available, that mean owner bellow Phantom 2 should have this setting available and should check it :).

All good.
I acknowledge this is an FC40 sub-forum. And as such I yield to this model’s specifics going further.

My comments were precipitated by a comment earlier that ‘leap’ to say ALL Phantoms will shut off motors with (just) Left stick full down ALONE in later models.

Sorry for any confusion I introduced.
Cheers!

It’s only the inward command with both sticks inward to shut the motors during flight...from time to time I’ll hold the left stick down all the way to bring the bird down quick.

It’s only the inward command with both sticks inward to shut the motors during flight...from time to time I’ll hold the left stick down all the way to bring the bird down quick.

Also, there’s a video on YouTube showing this guy testing both methods in midair... holding down DOES NOT CUT THE MOTORS MID-FLIGHT.

Reactions: JackH
Don’t worry bro about holding the left stick down for a few sec. or longer.. the bird won’t drop

Reactions: JackH
I learned about pulling sticks back on a Hubson 501 S, it was up roughly 300 feet and I pulled sticks back for a dive, could not get a restart. It bounce off the ground, broke a prop and the camera stopped working. Put on a prop and it took off again

Don’t worry bro about holding the left stick down for a few sec. or longer.. the bird won’t drop
This may and probably does depend on firmware versions and AC versions. And the AC you are flying Don't consider this as "All Inclusive".....Personally I am still on very old firmware. I have seen no reason to change anything. And trust me, I look at all release notes....and other things. Thus far I see no reason to change a perfectly operating aircraft.

Just a quick addendum to Post#7.....I have never tested full stick down during flight. I know for certain that this does indeed shut the motors down after landing.

I can answer affirmatively full left stick down while the P3 is in flight WILL NOT shut the motors off in flight. Only when the P3 isn’t in flight will the engines shut off in response to full left stick deflection.

Just a quick addendum to Post#7.....I have never tested full stick down during flight. I know for certain that this does indeed shut the motors down after landing. But it is too much of a risk to try and "Prove" a theory by doing that during flight. Just like doing CSC during a flight. A disaster waiting to happen. If anyone can disprove this, I welcome those to chime in. I am not going to risk it personally.
I did this, it did not fall , just decended rapidly

I did this, it did not fall , just decended rapidly
All of the above, could also be related to firmware versions in relation to the full stick down in flight. This I cannot confirm, other than to mention that there was a change in 1.10.9, ( I am still using 1.8.8 ) that changed the motor shutdown time from 2 to 3 seconds. This shutdown "could " occur with older firmware but again, no confirmation on that. This is only in relation to a P3A. I know nothing about the FC40, in full disclosure.

Left stick fully down is the way I have always descended and the motors only cut off when it detects no further downward movement. IE It’s on the floor.

Left stick fully down is the way I have always descended and the motors only cut off when it detects no further downward movement. IE It’s on the floor.
Just out of curiosity, what firmware version are you using? There is always the possibility of the "Toilet Bowl" effect with very fast descents, this is the second reason I never descend at high speed. A gentle slow controlled descent is always the better method, excepting for as I mentioned earlier and emergency descent.

Just out of curiosity, what firmware version are you using? There is always the possibility of the "Toilet Bowl" effect with very fast descents, this is the second reason I never descend at high speed. A gentle slow controlled descent is always the better method, excepting for as I mentioned earlier and emergency descent.

Hi, without checking I couldn’t tell you but it’s the latest for the remote, quad and batteries (26/05/2018).

I’ve also realised that this thread is for the FC-40 where as I have a P3A.

I’ve also realised that this thread is for the FC-40 where as I have a P3A.
As do I, and I am on very old firmware. That is why I asked the question. I found nothing in any firmware updates that were worth the risk.

Reactions: BriG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl