Laws and regulations for NC

you live in a hotspot for planes, came close to hitting one today, and you want to go higher? you realize a drone can take down a plane, helicopter, etc right?
The plane was very far away from my drone but It was still a little scary.

Last edited:
I do understand the risk of flying (such as crashing the drone) I am just wondering if someone could hit a plane at 1,100 feet?

Last edited:
The plane was a few hundred feet away from my drone but It was still a little scary.
Then it was a 'Near Miss', a fairly serious error that can cause you much trouble if the pilot reports it. If you had 1100 ft you would have been flying over the plane.

What about 1,100 feet?

With you attitude and your total disregard to stay below 400' no one here is going to help you or hasn't that been mad clear to you in both threads you posted.

Then it was a 'Near Miss', a fairly serious error that can cause you much trouble if the pilot reports it. If you had 1100 ft you would have been flying over the plane.
It wasn't close at all the plane didn't even show up on the footage I am just wondering if planes do fly under 1,100 feet?

It wasn't close at all the plane didn't even show up on the footage I am just wondering if planes do fly under 1,100 feet?

Depending on your location planes can and do fly below 1,100' AGL. In sparsely populated areas they "can" go down to 500'AGL and in highly populated areas 1,000'AGL. Now keep in mind this doesn't take into account "Special Use" aircraft such as crop dusters, MediVac, and many MANY other authorized uses. Also just because the regulations state 1,000'AGL doesn't mean a General Aviation pilot isn't confused and flying at 500'AGL.

If you have any doubts don't risk it. Your toy multilrotor is no reason to even remotely risk life and limb of people in an aircraft. Stay below 400' and fly Mart & Safe.

I thought was 400 meter?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1