Latest firmware

I could see this starting to happen when I bought my P4 a little over a year ago. It's also why I have NOT updated the software or firmware since then. When needed I switch over to Litchi (again it's not been updated in 6 months). So far, I've not ever been unable to fly wherever I wanted. I only use the drone for video acquisition not recreational purposes, so rarely am I flying long distances or really very high. But with the older software and more important older firmware, I've not seen any restrictions on my flying needs. If the bird ever crashes or fails, I'm not sure what I'd replace it with. But for now, old is better and updates are not on my list of activities.

I did the update a few days ago and no issues. I have actually tested it at non allowed areas. I was near an airport, turned it on and I saw the infamous popup telling me that I was in a restricted area, bla bla bla. Two check boxes, if I have permission and another one. Checked them both and I was able to take off. Weird! So what is the problem with the geo location? I don't understand

I did the update a few days ago and no issues. I have actually tested it at non allowed areas. I was near an airport, turned it on and I saw the infamous popup telling me that I was in a restricted area, bla bla bla. Two check boxes, if I have permission and another one. Checked them both and I was able to take off. Weird! So what is the problem with the geo location? I don't understand
it has always been that way.

Give it a try when the President is nearby and there's a TFR is effect!! NO-FLY. Hopefully, my P4 will work again when the TFR expires!! In the meantime, my P4 is grounded. I should travel a little West and see if it functions again outside of the TFR area.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z