Latest firmware

I found out about the NFZ situation. You can go online and into your DJI account where you can request in advance to fly in a "yellow" zone. The request lasts for 3 days. I'm not sure what happens if you're already at a location with no internet, but at least there is a workaround. I just set up a test for the next three days. I'll test it tomorrow when I return from taking my 107 test.

John....My update went fine and I have zero issues. It is my opinion DJI is simply protecting their future as more drones reach the sky by building in more safeguards to their firmware that keep operators from dangerous situations. Last thing anyone wants is to have the government get into regulating how, where, and when we fly.

Call support....I am sure they can help you resolve your issues.
Have you called dji "support"

I have called support many times.
should I say any more?

I have called support many times.
should I say any more?
i dont understand, ive called and it is a waste of time for me, last time they told me to look it up on utube. I know lots of people have had similar experience with dji support. Maybe you have to be purdy good on computers? im not

The NFZ includes green areas, designated by DJI as Enhanced Warning Zones, as areas where one has to do a flight plan and login to DJI's website to have a GEO unlock performed same as for the yellow zones. Evidently this was a change implemented with the latest DJI software.

I am glad I am not trying to earn income with a DJI drone as this process would be very time consuming and costly in my neck of the woods. I can understand why the DJI legal creatures want to limit liability in the event of a collision but this is a political problem and not a technical one nor really a security concern.

The government and the airlines ignored common security practices until some Saudi Arabians hijacked passenger planes and flew them into buildings. The gun manufacturers are not liable when someone buys one of their products and kills dozens of people as they are protected by Congress. The drone industry should consider doing the same.

Having done electronic device and communications software development for 30 years it is very clear that DJI is not using standard testing software and scripts to review their code changes but instead relies on its customers to do the beta testing. It is a good idea to let others do the testing and crash their drones and spend hours searching for a fix until the dust has settled. Unfortunately with the new aircraft firmware fixes only be released on a quarterly basis it takes patience to wait for real fixes.

The NFZ includes green areas, designated by DJI as Enhanced Warning Zones, as areas where one has to do a flight plan and login to DJI's website to have a GEO unlock performed same as for the yellow zones. Evidently this was a change implemented with the latest DJI software.
According to the DJI website you do not have to request a web unlock to fly in an Enhanced Warning Zone, on those you can acknowledge within the app and fly. You only need to unlock via the web site when flying in an Authorization Zone (yellow areas.) The only true 'NFZ's are the red areas, you cannot fly in those under any circumstances.

i dont understand, ive called and it is a waste of time for me, last time they told me to look it up on utube. I know lots of people have had similar experience with dji support. Maybe you have to be purdy good on computers? im not
I think they were hired under hire the handycaped program.

Reactions: Tommy J 111
I am a real newbie and I thought that the upgrades were ok for me and they were around my property, however when I go to a different location I am unable to shut off "Maximum flight distance reached" .
I was under the impression that once distance limit was turned off there is no distance limit.
I am unable to judge just eactly how far it flies, but I make two circuits around a 20000 sq. foot building the AC stops with "Maximum flight distance reached".
I have tried to set max distance to 8000 m (no luck) and toggled distance limit off (still no luck), what gives?
4 Pro + V1.2.0, AC V01.04.0602

Hi, I was wondering, after you did your updates did you sign into your DJI account on the RC plus.

The DJI website clearly states that for an Enhanced Warning Area one is to use the same procedure as with a Authorization Area. This means having to get a GEO unlock for that location in advance with a "flight plan" according to DJI or by having a 4G cell connection for the controller while in the EWA location.

4G is line of sight so it takes only a 200 foot hill to block the signal and then one is operating with a 3G or often a 1xRTT signal and DJI Go cannot connect with the DJI web server with anything less than a 4G connection. I know because I tested it with both a 3G and a 1xRTT service level and the connection would always fail. Only with 4G with the smartphone could the controller connect to the DJI web server.

The DJI website clearly states that for an Enhanced Warning Area one is to use the same procedure as with a Authorization Area. This means having to get a GEO unlock for that location in advance with a "flight plan" according to DJI or by having a 4G cell connection for the controller while in the EWA location.

No, again that is incorrect, an Enhanced Warning Zone is part of the Geo database and will provide a warning in the app, but you can acknowledge within the app without DJI authorization. Only Authorization Zones require account verification and DJI approval, and in fact the DJI Unlock page only applies to Authorization Zones (since the Geo database and Warning/Enhanced Warning Zones are advisory-only.) And furthermore Authorization Zones can be unlocked for 72 hours at a time so there is no requirement to have Internet access at the actual Authorization Zone site.

"Only Authorization Zones, yellow highlighted areas, can be unlocked. Simply click on one of these areas to unlock it. Red Areas are Restricted Zones that cannot be unlocked. Green areas are Warning Zones that do not need to be unlocked but are still subject to safety precautions."

DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access

Last edited:
I am a real newbie and I thought that the upgrades were ok for me and they were around my property, however when I go to a different location I am unable to shut off "Maximum flight distance reached" .
I was under the impression that once distance limit was turned off there is no distance limit.
I am unable to judge just eactly how far it flies, but I make two circuits around a 20000 sq. foot building the AC stops with "Maximum flight distance reached".
I have tried to set max distance to 8000 m (no luck) and toggled distance limit off (still no luck), what gives?
4 Pro + V1.2.0, AC V01.04.0602

Hey Chip,

I too am new to drones as well, so take what I have with a grain of salt, but this is my experience. I have not had any issues with my P4P, even with the latest firmware update. However, I have noticed this: each time I open the DJI GO app, I have to go into settings and turn on "enable max distance." It seems like this toggle turns off each time the app is "killed." If this toggle is turned off, I cannot control the drone very well. It's very slow even with full stick deflection, and it will not descend hardly at all. The drone just does weird stuff while I'm hand flying......not out of control though.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with "distance limit?" I can't seem to find that toggle. I do have the "Enable max distance toggle" however. Hope that helps. Have fun.

Hey Chip,

I too am new to drones as well, so take what I have with a grain of salt, but this is my experience. I have not had any issues with my P4P, even with the latest firmware update. However, I have noticed this: each time I open the DJI GO app, I have to go into settings and turn on "enable max distance." It seems like this toggle turns off each time the app is "killed." If this toggle is turned off, I cannot control the drone very well. It's very slow even with full stick deflection, and it will not descend hardly at all. The drone just does weird stuff while I'm hand flying......not out of control though.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with "distance limit?" I can't seem to find that toggle. I do have the "Enable max distance toggle" however. Hope that helps. Have fun.

I am sorry, I should have been more descriptive. What I meant was that when I have "Enable max distance toggle" on and set to 8000m or when I shut it off in either case the AC will make a couple of loops around my building and stop and on the controller I get a "Maximum distance reached" message.
I am under the impression that I do not have to be connected to my account in order to fly, because when I am connected I do not get the message.

well I just turned everything and went into about and these are the numbers I got on the new a/c I got back from DJI.
APP 4.07
version 02.02.0304
r/c 01.04.01.00
ap database 00.00.01.04
do these numbers look flyable?
thx D

went out for a flight today.
seemed to fly ok no problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads