Can't connect

Reaction score
I have an intermittent issue that's driving me nuts. Sometimes when I power up the RC and tablet and the drone I get a green connection LED on the RC but the Go app shows, in the bottom left corner, "Enter Device" instead of "Go Fly". This is happening with two different Android tablet and with two different USB cables. Is anyone else see this?

I should add that this doesn't seem to be a problem using an iPad Pro.

Brian

If RC and AC are connected you see green led on RC and then if you connect tablet and start DJI Go app, it should connect unless it's a bad connection between RC and the tablet. Problem with be with the cable or the USB port itself on RC.

Did you try to select your phantom on the Go app drop down.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This just gets weirder...

I not only forced stopped the older DJI Go app I uninstalled it. The first time I tried powering on it connected and I thought, haha, that was it, but repeated testing and its back to hardly every connecting properly. Again, the LED on the RC turns green and I can start the motors with a CSM as usual, but the app doesn't show the Go Fly button and if I click on the Enter Device button there is no video or telemetry. BUT, having tried 2 Samsung Tablets, a 3 year old 8.4 incher an an new 9.7 inch Tab S2 as well as three different USB cables I then tried my 2 year old Samsung Note 4 smartphone and don't you know that works just about every time. And, as mentioned before, it have not problems connecting with the iPad Pro.

So, that says its not likely to be the cables, all three of them, and it suggests it's not the RC USB port as both the Note 4 and iPad Pro work just fine, so why am I having problems with the two Samsung tablets. I was able to connect without a problem the first day and yesterday when I went to fly it for real I had some problems but eventually got it to connect, but today it's almost impossible to connect. I just now plugged the S2 tablet into my PC and it sees it just fine.

Brian

I discovered something interesting...

I found a reference about changing USB modes but you need to have 'Developer Options' available so I turned that on. Now, with the tablet on I powered on the RC and drone and still no "Go Fly" button. I then go into developer options and on a tab called "USB configuration" I click on that and a list box pops up with 6 options: Charging, MTEP (Media Transfer Protocol), PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol), RNDIS (USB Ethernet), Audio source and MIDI. So when I first go there MTP is selected so I try PTP -- no help. I then try RNDIS and now I get the GO Fly button but in developer options the selection has reverted to MTP option. I try this a few more times and all is well, but when starting for the first time I have to select RNDIS. I think what's happening is that selecting RNDIS, which is not correct, forces a reset of sorts and when MTP is auto selected the connection works. So, I'm not sure if this is a Samsung problem or a DJI problem -- my guess is DJI.

At least there's a work around until one or the other fixes there crap...

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94