Latest firmware upgrade for P3P

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this thread.

I have just downloaded the latest firmware version for the P3P, released today. Put the BIN file on SD and put it in aircraft, but NOTHING is happening at all. Previous updates went through OK and aircraft flies well. All that is happening is the rear LED are flashing .. no sounds at all after twenty minutes. Can anyone please assist me.

Thank you in anticipation.

Lewis

Did you format your card before adding the new firmware?
Yes I did. Used to SD cards in case the one was not working. Formatted in app. Downloaded to card. Put in P3P. Booted up. then the rear led's flashed continuously for thirty minutes with nothing happening. Only flown twice .. no crashes at all and all previous updates went through. The controller updated perfectly and can't understand why the Aircraft won't update. Followed the instructions to the letter.

Wonder of the update has a problem?

The basic steps are as follows: 1-Format Card
2-Download new firmware to computer
3-Copy new firmware to SD card
4-Insert Card with new firmware to Quad
5-Do not turn RC on--keep RC turned off
6-Use 3/4 to full battery on quad
7-Turn Quad on and wait---When solid green light appears &/or you hear a long and two short beeps from quad it should be done----this may take more than 10 or 15
min.
CHECK YOUTUBE VIDEOS -- THEY ARE A BIG HELP

Reactions: cekabu
Yes I did. Used to SD cards in case the one was not working. Formatted in app. Downloaded to card. Put in P3P. Booted up. then the rear led's flashed continuously for thirty minutes with nothing happening. Only flown twice .. no crashes at all and all previous updates went through. The controller updated perfectly and can't understand why the Aircraft won't update. Followed the instructions to the letter.

Wonder of the update has a problem?
I finished updating mine about an hour ago and all went great. I would start over try formatting your card direct from your computer and make sure everything is deleted from it. Download the firmware again---be sure your remote is off when you are updating the quad. Make sure quad is off before inserting card.

So annoyed .. did it to the letter and all that happens is that the rear LEDs flash and does not initialise. Looks like I will have to send it off

Hey, We have all been worst than a twat-----Moron is my name, just ask my wife.

Guess I'm in the same boat! Sometimes, when people ask me how I am, I reply "A lot better than nothing. At least, that's what my wife says!" LOL

Every time I hear the word "moron" I think about that funny movie "Grumpy Old Man." They spent most of the time calling each other "moron!"

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Do we have to update the batteries with this as well? I did the updates to the AC and RC, and when I swapped batteries, I got a "battery error" quick, then it went away, and battery level shows 98%, which is where it should be. And I forgot how to update the batteries...

Do we have to update the batteries with this as well? I did the updates to the AC and RC, and when I swapped batteries, I got a "battery error" quick, then it went away, and battery level shows 98%, which is where it should be. And I forgot how to update the batteries...
If the FW bundle from DJI includes code for the battery, it will update whatever battery is in the AC when you turn it on with the FW file.

While you don't have to update them, it certainly doesn't hurt and there has been at least one update in the past that were definitely not a bad thing to apply to the battery assembly. That being said, the latest FW bundle doesn't have anything for the battery per the DJI post showing the changelog.

If the FW bundle from DJI includes code for the battery, it will update whatever battery is in the AC when you turn it on with the FW file.

While you don't have to update them, it certainly doesn't hurt and there has been at least one update in the past that were definitely not a bad thing to apply to the battery assembly. That being said, the latest FW bundle doesn't have anything for the battery per the DJI post showing the changelog.

The GO app didn't say it needed to... and my third battery worked fine, so I'm thinking the batteries are good with this update.

Anyone fly with this update yet? I'm still on an old FW (about 3 iterations ago), and I'm not updating unless I know

Reactions: RickHart
Yes--I put the bird in the air with the new update---It seems to work great. The flight was for only about 5 min.-no problems.
Ok I am formatting my SD card and downloading update now. Will give it a whirl!

Just one quick question, sorry if it has already been ask but cant find it. If I do the new update it says you have to be logged in to all apps before you fly or it limits your distance. What if you have no internet or cell service where you are flying? Does this limit you or do you just do a one time log in?

Just one quick question, sorry if it has already been ask but cant find it. If I do the new update it says you have to be logged in to all apps before you fly or it limits your distance. What if you have no internet or cell service where you are flying? Does this limit you or do you just do a one time log in?

PK. Found the answer to my question. It is a one time log in. If anybody has a question about this here is a good link to look at. It is about the Maverick but applies to the same firmware questions.

Seems a lot of us are wanting to know this info.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4