Latest DJI go app unusable

Reaction score
The latest version of the DJI go app is unusable. When everything was okay and ready to fly, I took it up to hover, and lost all video and app connection to it. Luckily I grabbed it and turned it off. Try again and the video feed is 5-10 seconds behind, and cutting out. Anyone else have these problems? Worked fine until the lasest update if course. [emoji19]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: fsatbell
Not sure about the Android app but I used iOS app and all other latest FWs and all went smoothly. May be I am too careful.

No problems here as I have all firmware and DJI updates installed on iOS.

Only issue is that I had to roll iOS 10.0.2 back to 9.3.5 as the new Apple iOS 10 broke the ability to recognize the iPad Air 2 + Cellular's barometer, but that was an Apple screw-up. Okay, Apple also broke their own Podcasts app too where it immediately crashes on opening which might be an issue of the rollback. Dunno. Supposedly 10.1 will allow one to remove the Apple installed apps so good on that to get rid of the unnecessary ones, compared to those that are locked into some Android devices unless jailbreaked.

If you are using a Samsung device, good luck! I got two and one popped up some **** Samsung Pay advertisement in the middle of trying to fly with it. They've bloatwared their devices so bad no wonder they overheat and break up video. Least Apple doesn't do that background running bloatware ad scheme...yet.

Reactions: 80Aerial
The latest version of the DJI go app is unusable. When everything was okay and ready to fly, I took it up to hover, and lost all video and app connection to it. Luckily I grabbed it and turned it off.
I can't comment on the latest app version, but even if you lose the app, your controller still works.
You can fly, land and use RTH without the app running.

It might pay to tell what device you are using it on so others can comment on whether it works for them on that tablet or phone.

The latest version of the DJI go app is unusable. When everything was okay and ready to fly, I took it up to hover, and lost all video and app connection to it. Luckily I grabbed it and turned it off. Try again and the video feed is 5-10 seconds behind, and cutting out. Anyone else have these problems? Worked fine until the lasest update if course. [emoji19]

Let me guess, your running an Android 6 device...

Come on now fellas..... There is a bigger difference in android vs ios in this situation. The ios is dedicated to one device only. The android system has to cover numerous devices. And top of all that, dji prefers the ios version overall. I had said a number of times and coming from someone with both OS, the ios GO app has always out performed the android version. The P3 feels like a different aircraft when I fly between my nVidia and mini 2 setups. Anyone close to me want to make your own comparison I open to the use of either setup of mine.

I quickly went from Go to Litchi because I did not want to have to buy a new tablet and or Apple product. The Litchi app works perfectly with near zero lag while the Go app is laggy and the overall smoothness of the app is not good running android. In the Go app I get weak RC signal, poor video quality and lag but not on Litchi using the same tablet.

I will likely buy a new Ipad at some point but it does seem to be the app more than the hardware being used.

Come on now fellas..... There is a bigger difference in android vs ios in this situation. The ios is dedicated to one device only. The android system has to cover numerous devices. And top of all that, dji prefers the ios version overall. I had said a number of times and coming from someone with both OS, the ios GO app has always out performed the android version. The P3 feels like a different aircraft when I fly between my nVidia and mini 2 setups. Anyone close to me want to make your own comparison I open to the use of either setup of mine.

The Issue for me is finding out inadvertently that the DJI Go app isn't even Android 6 compatible. To be fair DJI has not stated it is, but to find out inadvertently is just not acceptable to me!
Had Samsung not done their recent security update I would still be wondering why there are so many issues. DJI no doubt knew this all along and said nothing.

When you updated it may have reverted to a fixed channel vs auto. I would check that before getting to concerned.

Sample:
Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
63cc0384a707ac46244ecc33035bb847.jpg

I can't comment on the latest app version, but even if you lose the app, your controller still works.
You can fly, land and use RTH without the app running.

It might pay to tell what device you are using it on so others can comment on whether it works for them on that tablet or phone.
My bad, did not clarify. I'm using a galaxy s5, and your right I still had control of it.

Must just be android.... Hopefully it's resolved with an update. I'll never understand why they update it when it worked perfectly less then a week ago. Oh well, I'll just be grounded for a little while...

that is why I rerolled back to 2.8.3v and disabled "Fast Charging" under Samsung's Battery option. It works very well with no issues. I can't downgrade Samsung firmware (august security caused the issues with DJI). so I found a way with reroll back to older version and fast charging option. I'd just wait till DJI sort out with Samsung firmware issues. I'd go for Litchi but I read comments under that having very same issues as DJI Go did......

so maybe you can try reroll back to older version? battery option? ^_^

+1
But to correct your statement, IOS is actually dedicated to multiple devices (Ipad mini, IPhone, Ipod) of the same manufacturer (Apple).
Android on the other has to cover all different manufacturers (Samsung, Sony, HTC etc) each with a range of devices (S7, Xpera, M8). Google calls this fragmentation - this is why Apple IOS seems more stable. And as of late 2015, there is over 1200 manufacturers that use the Android platform

Anyways, if your Mavic hasn't been delivered, then feel free to downgrade to 2.8.4 if you are on Android.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11169540/Phantom 3 Mods/Android Data DjiPilot Files/DJI GO_v2.8.4_apkpure.com.apk

Reactions: NRJ
The Issue for me is finding out inadvertently that the DJI Go app isn't even Android 6 compatible. To be fair DJI has not stated it is, but to find out inadvertently is just not acceptable to me!
Had Samsung not done their recent security update I would still be wondering why there are so many issues. DJI no doubt knew this all along and said nothing.

it is compatable with android 6 I have it in 2 devices fine,
the rc update messed it up a bit but rolled back to last fw

Android 6 and LG G4 device . The DJI app 3.0 is running with no problem. However, I uninstalled first the previous version and deleted every folder of the previous version.

I'm running in iPhone 6s Plus. No issues. Wife is using Samsung tab s2 and has to change a few settings. Developer option and rnids setting I think

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

that is why I rerolled back to 2.8.3v and disabled "Fast Charging" under Samsung's Battery option. It works very well with no issues. I can't downgrade Samsung firmware (august security caused the issues with DJI). so I found a way with reroll back to older version and fast charging option. I'd just wait till DJI sort out with Samsung firmware issues. I'd go for Litchi but I read comments under that having very same issues as DJI Go did......

so maybe you can try reroll back to older version? battery option? ^_^
Yeah that might be a good idea. That's a shame about that fast charging though really like that feature.

Unfortunately, my device auto updated to the 3.0 version of the GO App and my P3S did much the same things as you describe. It was unusable. I was then forced to update the firmware and its usable again but the altitude reporting is way off. I also now encounter sporadic issues that I'd never had before such as totally lost video feed and critically low battery alarm with a battery charge level almost at 50%. There has been a recent app update but the issues continue to plague me.

On a positive note, the images buffer much faster when I take photographs. I typical shoot RAW and 5 exposure AEB and it used to take forever before I could shoot another exposure.
ef1c8d3eb264e38831700a21be09cf7f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav