Latest DJI go app unusable

I 'm not using the S2 it's just the Tab S, it's a SM-T800
I too have a tab s (TM-800) which worked great UNTIL Samsung updated it from lollipop to marshmallow. Now it self-reboots at least once per day. Did it multiple times during flights. Bought nVidia shield (also marshmallow) and it works just fine.

Samsung really did us a disservice when they moved up to Android 6.0.1. I'm through with Samsung.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Can you tell me what version of the latest DJI GO App you are referring to please? Also, are you running IOS or Android?

Thank you.

Bud

The latest version of the DJI go app is unusable. When everything was okay and ready to fly, I took it up to hover, and lost all video and app connection to it. Luckily I grabbed it and turned it off. Try again and the video feed is 5-10 seconds behind, and cutting out. Anyone else have these problems? Worked fine until the lasest update if course. [emoji19]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

The latest version of the DJI go app is unusable. When everything was okay and ready to fly, I took it up to hover, and lost all video and app connection to it. Luckily I grabbed it and turned it off. Try again and the video feed is 5-10 seconds behind, and cutting out. Anyone else have these problems? Worked fine until the lasest update if course. [emoji19]

Yes!!!, I've been having the same problems so I switched over to the Litchi App. And the problems went away. I was really worried because I just installed the HDMI module and thought I screwed up one of the ribbon cables. I never lost flight control just video.

Yes come on dji go I find if I keep moving I don't get signal loss but very annoying, ,only had 2 RTH moments and no fly aways thankfully

Sent from my SM-T355Y using PhantomPilots mobile app

+1
But to correct your statement, IOS is actually dedicated to multiple devices (Ipad mini, IPhone, Ipod) of the same manufacturer (Apple).
Android on the other has to cover all different manufacturers (Samsung, Sony, HTC etc) each with a range of devices (S7, Xpera, M8). Google calls this fragmentation - this is why Apple IOS seems more stable. And as of late 2015, there is over 1200 manufacturers that use the Android platform

Anyways, if your Mavic hasn't been delivered, then feel free to downgrade to 2.8.4 if you are on Android.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11169540/Phantom 3 Mods/Android Data DjiPilot Files/DJI GO_v2.8.4_apkpure.com.apk

Yup, you are so right. That is why I don't care for Apple products. You can only do what they let you do, nothing more. I like versatility, variety, and the ability to choose what I like to do. Love my Android Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet. I've had a few issues here and there, but that is part of the fun of it. Learning how to tweak it to my needs.

Now I don't feel like an idiot.

I have been fighting this "random" disconnect, losss of video, weak signal, etc." for weeks and couldn't figure it out.

I have Samsung SR.

Some days it runs perfect, others it is a constant fight.

Now I don't feel like an idiot.

I have been fighting this "random" disconnect, losss of video, weak signal, etc." for weeks and couldn't figure it out.

I have Samsung SR.

Some days it runs perfect, others it is a constant fight.

Welcome to the world of updating firmware each time there is a new update. I have not updated since v1.4.1 which is just over a year ago. And I know what to expect from my aircraft each time I fly it. Also from the time I stopped updating until now there has been a number of updates that has taken performance away overall.

Btw, about every 4-6 months, dji adjust the firmware to reduce how far the aircraft are able to fly. Each time they do this, a large number of pilots experience the same type of issues you guys here have been experiencing. If you noticed, this past week a update was released that basically was a patch to restore some of the performance with the controllers.

Last edited:

Yes! Thank you!

I was about to demonstrate the basics of the AC/RC interaction a couple of days ago to my son. When I powered up the RC and AC, I found that that, although the camera tilt movement looked proper physically, the video feed literally lagged behind it by 5 to 7 seconds.

Astounded, I concluded that somehow the video data were being cached somewhere and subsequently cast about for some obscure parameter that I might have unknowingly nudged. Found none. I removed the SD card from the AC thinking the video might be cached on it but to no avail.

I have been running the RC/ AC combo on a Galaxy Tab 4 10 (Android 4.4) or Tab 4 8 (Android 5.1) with no glitches of which I am aware.

Also, if the AC is not powered on, the RC still informs me that the signal is "Weak". Occasionally, when in the same room, it tells me it's "Disconnected".

DJI Go app says all firmware current (yippee).

This apparent one-size-fits-all approach to DJI Go is rendering my P3A useless as a camera platform and is getting rather fat, if you've kept tabs on the download size.

Have seen posts re Android vs ios app performance. Hope am not down a Droid rabbit hole.

So, here's another pilot looking for an answer to a software question that DJI should not be requiring us to ask. Any proven workarounds welcome.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Reactions: kirk2579
Yes! Thank you!

I was about to demonstrate the basics of the AC/RC interaction a couple of days ago to my son. When I powered up the RC and AC, I found that that, although the camera tilt movement looked proper physically, the video feed literally lagged behind it by 5 to 7 seconds.

Astounded, I concluded that somehow the video data were being cached somewhere and subsequently cast about for some obscure parameter that I might have unknowingly nudged. Found none. I removed the SD card from the AC thinking the video might be cached on it but to no avail.

I have been running the RC/ AC combo on a Galaxy Tab 4 10 (Android 4.4) or Tab 4 8 (Android 5.1) with no glitches of which I am aware.

Also, if the AC is not powered on, the RC still informs me that the signal is "Weak". Occasionally, when in the same room, it tells me it's "Disconnected".

This apparent one-size-fits-all approach to DJI Go is rendering my P3A useless as a camera platform and is getting rather fat, if you've kept tabs on the download size.

Have seen posts re Android vs ios app performance. Hope am not down a Droid rabbit hole.

So, here's another pilot looking for an answer to a software question that DJI should not be requiring us to ask. Any proven workarounds welcome.

Thanks all.

I have been begging for a LITE version for some time.

Clearly the app is getting out of control.
OR
they are forcing IOS

and that wont sit well with the folks that like to spend wisely vs blindly.

how I downgrade to 1.6 from newest version? because mine shows no available firmware for downgrade.... I accidentally updated to 1.8.... :( do I have to connect drone to do this?

Yes! Thank you!

Thanks all.
Yeah man I feel you. I downgraded and don't plan to update. Ever. And it seems to be doing great[emoji1]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4