Latest DJI go app unusable

Come on now fellas..... There is a bigger difference in android vs ios in this situation. The ios is dedicated to one device only. The android system has to cover numerous devices.
Precisely the reason iOS is more stable, especially in the world of DJI drones.

+1
But to correct your statement, IOS is actually dedicated to multiple devices (Ipad mini, IPhone, Ipod) of the same manufacturer (Apple).
Android on the other has to cover all different manufacturers (Samsung, Sony, HTC etc) each with a range of devices (S7, Xpera, M8). Google calls this fragmentation - this is why Apple IOS seems more stable. And as of late 2015, there is over 1200 manufacturers that use the Android platform

Anyways, if your Mavic hasn't been delivered, then feel free to downgrade to 2.8.4 if you are on Android.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11169540/Phantom 3 Mods/Android Data DjiPilot Files/DJI GO_v2.8.4_apkpure.com.apk

Just a heads up...the v2.8.4 GO app is known to be disastrous. The v2.8.3 is very stable and well proven.

I'm using the galaxy s5 as well. I always uninstall the app then reinstall it whenever it gets updated. I dont just update it. Seems to be working fine for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had dropped my RC back to fw 1.6 early today
and my SHIELD K-1 app updated to 3.01 this afternoon!

Just flew almost the same flight I did Wednesday that was scary as hec due to the banding

PERFECTLY CLEAN VIDEO TODAY.

YEA!
Glad things are working out, Thanks for reporting back.

No problems here as I have all firmware and DJI updates installed on iOS.

Only issue is that I had to roll iOS 10.0.2 back to 9.3.5 as the new Apple iOS 10 broke the ability to recognize the iPad Air 2 + Cellular's barometer, but that was an Apple screw-up. Okay, Apple also broke their own Podcasts app too where it immediately crashes on opening which might be an issue of the rollback. Dunno. Supposedly 10.1 will allow one to remove the Apple installed apps so good on that to get rid of the unnecessary ones, compared to those that are locked into some Android devices unless jailbreaked.

If you are using a Samsung device, good luck! I got two and one popped up some **** Samsung Pay advertisement in the middle of trying to fly with it. They've bloatwared their devices so bad no wonder they overheat and break up video. Least Apple doesn't do that background running bloatware ad scheme...yet.
There's a way to turn off background aps, particularly Google play store

WTF. I just got an email from Phantom Pilots listing the most popular topics this week, and they are all (like this one) almost a year old.

Unsubscribe.

WTF. I just got an email from Phantom Pilots listing the most popular topics this week, and they are all (like this one) almost a year old.

Unsubscribe.

this one is only weeks old........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

#1 Garrett Poorbaugh, Sunday at 3:45 PM

fwiw

the original topic was posted a long time back but new users end up posting issues
and thus you see that.
doesn't mean the current posters
and issues are a year old and unusable....

Reactions: pomonabill220

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl