Largest size micro SD card for Mavic Pro

Reaction score
Hey folks
I was wondering if there was any information about the memory card for the Mavic Pro What comes with it and what is the biggest size it will take
I see a 128GB class10 at microcenter for cheap if that would work
What do you think

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey folks
I was wondering if there was any information about the memory card for the Mavic Pro What comes with it and what is the biggest size it will take
What do you think

I've got a 256GB one I'm going to have available once I turn in my Note 7. I'll let folks know if that works--though I'm thinking it may not, given the max for the Phantom 4 was 64GB I believe.

Z

What comes with it and what is the biggest size it will take
Bigger isn't always better.
You only need about 8-10 GB to hold a whole flight of full 4K video or over 3000 jpg photos.
It makes a lot more sense to have several 16GB cards and swap out between flights so that you don't risk losing precious work every time you fly.

What comes with it
It comes with a 16GB memory card. I'm not sure of the brand, but I'm guessing it's a Lexar 633x.

You can save a lower quality version of the video on your phone. The full resolution videos/photos will always be stored on the memory card in the Mavic.

It should be between 720p to 1080p depending on the distance between the aircraft and remote controller.

And like msinger wrote, the speed of the card is more important than the size.

I have a 128GB Sandisk Extreme in my P3A, so I don't see why the Mavic would really be restricted to 64GB?

Actually, I would get a few smaller ones instead, each large enough to store a full flight's video and photos, assuming the highest resolution (16 GB). This makes your data safer when flying multiple times, for example when on vacation.

the speed of the card is more important than the size.
Yes -- don't just go with the cheapest class 10 memory card available. The difference in price between most memory cards is small, so go with a memory card that writes at least at 40MB/s (which is what DJI usually provides).

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I have a 128GB Sandisk Extreme in my P3A, so I don't see why the Mavic would really be restricted to 64GB?
The P3A specs also show the max capacity is 64GB. However, I don't think it'll actually be restricted either.

Actually, I would get a few smaller ones instead, each large enough to store a full flight's video and photos, assuming the highest resolution (16 GB). This makes your data safer when flying multiple times, for example when on vacation.

I had not considered the "loss" factor, but that makes a lot of sense - thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik