LAANC For further coordination

Reaction score
Hello, I am using Aloft and need to do some marketing shots around a completed project at a site where LAANC and the maps show 0' AGL. I set the date to May 30th and after a week get approval for this with a location defined and a LAANC ALT- code showing on the Aloft app. However, it's defining a specific date and time when this can happen. I need to move the date to May 20th and set a 12 hour window due to scheduling 2 other sites that do not require further coordination at 0' AGL. With no way to reschedule I requested a different further coordination and referenced tot he original ALT- code. Weather wise, setting such a day and time has some difficulties as we cannot project if inclement weather will roll in on that particular day and wash out the flight.

Has anyone asked for a reschedule this way and thoughts?

Yeah, I got into a similar situation a few months ago. As far as I can tell, if you need a change or adjustment to the original request, you have to submit a whole new one. It was really tough trying to coordinate weather with other needs. That kinda makes it fair game to submit multiple requests in order to have at least one that is likely to work. I even had some Q/A correspondence with the regional guy who did the actual review/approval. Nice guy but he had no interest in rain day alternates. So I just had to submit multiple requests. Seems unfortunate for the FAA reviewer/approvers to have redundant work.

On the positive side, mine only took 3 work days from request to approval.

Maybe someone else has found more flexibility. Good luck............... Bob R.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers