Tips For Improving Your Films

jdenkevitz said:
As I am currently switching to a Phantom 2 this is a particularly useful tip. What are you using to edit the 2.7k?

Sony Vegas pro 12

If you are going to a phantom 2, it maybe worthwhile to get the zenmuse. Ive been pleased with mine, and havent felt the need to use post stabilization yet.[/quote]

Dam I was hoping you would say FinalCutPro X. I will have to check if it can handle 2.7K yet. I have gone for the Zenmuse and an FPV system as well.

Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated. I have just started out with a phantom and Gopro 3 black with Zenmuse gimbal and getting some okay results. I am not really up to speed with all the different settings and 2.7k or 4.k as haven't a clue what it all means. Can anyone advice on some basic language reading so I can swot up on the different settings and exporting. Are there any decent books out there to websites.
Cheers
Andrew

lloyd77 said:
Are there any decent books out there to websites.
Cheers
Andrew

There are some cheap ones for the Kindle if you have a Kindle app. Have a look on Amazon.

Shrimpfarmer said:
jdenkevitz said:
You are incorrect with your assumptions.

As 'advanced' as Youtube's Reference Library is, it is definitely not all encompassing of all (or even a majority of) protected works. It covers many of the bigger labels. But dont fool yourself into thinking that its universal or that a lack of response means you have permission.

Theres simply no way for youtube to scan all incoming material for all copyright. This is because there is no ubiquitous means of doing such. Youtbe would have to be the global means of acquiring Copyright. They are able to scan material that matches what they have in their library supplied by major labels, but this is far from complete.

Dont equate them having the capacity to scan versions of works with an all encompassing method for detecting ALL copyrightten material. Many independent releases and smaller labels will not be picked up by those methods (incorporated into Youtube's Reference Library).

Any time you fix original material that meets the requirements (as defined by the region you are in) for copyrightable material in a tangible medium, you have a copyright in that work. Theres no way to know just by the fixation itself that it is an original selection and arrangement of copyrightable material. In many countries (the USA included), you neednt register a work with the copyright office to have a copyright. In any regards, registration does NOT mean youtube will detect it.

Make no bones about it, the fact that they dont remove/warn/block the content you post is in no way an implicit permission to use someone else's work. Just read Youtubes user agreement. They are not a clearing service for licensing rights.

Not getting caught doesnt mean permission/legitimate use.

I did read all of it last night and you are quite right in what you say. My understanding was wrong. As a result I will take down those tips from my post as I would hate to think I got someone else in any trouble.

Shrimpy.

Hi Shrimpy

I take my hat off for you! This is the first time I have seen anybody in here admitting they are or could be wrong. Most people are starting arguing and so on.

By the way thanks for all your advice in this thread (and other threads), that is just great, I really appreciate what you are doing.

Klaus said:
Hi Shrimpy

I take my hat off for you! This is the first time I have seen anybody in here admitting they are or could be wrong. Most people are starting arguing and so on.

By the way thanks for all your advice in this thread (and other threads), that is just great, I really appreciate what you are doing.

Thanks for that Klaus. I learnt at an early age that acknowledging your mistakes promptly costs you nothing. Defending a position you learn to be wrong just makes you look and feel a fool.

People interested in software stabilisation can check out this thread. It compares the Warp Stabiliser with the Final Cut Pro one. Also there is a comparison of the different modes available in the FCPX version, thats well worth a look if you have to use that one.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7025

Shrimpfarmer said:
People interested in software stabilisation can check out this thread. It compares the Warp Stabiliser with the Final Cut Pro one. Also there is a comparison of the different modes available in the FCPX version, thats well worth a look if you have to use that one.

http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7025

I use Mercalli PRO V2 - proDAD but am still never really sure of the best settings. Using its defaults it will either make a reasonable improvement or looks awful! I guess that applies to all software stabilisation packages. You can often see a sort of breathing effect on the videos when it is applied too much. A 3 axis gimbal when they become more common place and lighter will help even more. Though human nature being what it is, one you get a 3 axis gimbal you will notice some other issue that needs to be fixed!

bill

fly-catchers said:
human nature being what it is, one you get a 3 axis gimbal you will notice some other issue that needs to be fixed!

bill

Yep we all beat ourselves to death in pursuit of perfection. :D

dtdyer01 said:
Hi

I'm based in Sussex near Pulborough if you want to meet up for a chat or/and flight. I fly the Phantom 2, but I'm yet to meet other fliers and have been searching.

Let me know if interested at [email protected]

http://www.davedyerphotography.com

Hi Dave

Always happy to meet up with another flyer. I will send you an email.

Shrimpy

Going to subscribe to this thread.... I got a really good idea for some film I want to shoot and edit this summer, and I'm going to read this a couple of times to nail down the main points before I go out filming

Just to let people know I will not be replying to this thread here any more. I have become tired of the lack of organisation. The thread will continue on http://forums.multicopterpilots.com

All the best

Shrimpy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20