Just received my a Phantom 2 Vision +, need advice

Reaction score
Hi guys. I ordered a Phantom 2 Vision + V3.0 on ebay last week from Coptershop.com.
It arrived today, but it was the V2.0. I contacted them and they offered me 2 choices, which I think was great of them.
The first option was to refund me $250 of the cost and keep the V2.0. The other was to ship the V2.0 back and they'd ship me a V3.0.

Is the V3.0 worth $250 more than the V2.0? What would you guys recommend I do?

It'll cost you much more than $250 to upgrade a v2 to a v3. I guess it depends on which of the v2 features you really want.

The biggest thing I wanted was the gimbal control on the remote. But I'll be honest, I'm not sure what other benefits I'd get from the V3.0.

Is there a good side by side matrix somewhere of the features of both?

Here are some other important things found on the v3:

- Upgraded motors
- Upgraded ESCs
- Upgraded props
- Better shielding to prevent loss of satellites

all of the above AND, don't forget the updated WiFi module along with more ferrite beads for improved video performance

I'd get the V3 if it was me.

the updated WiFi module
I believe the Wi-Fi module was just vented to prevent overheating -- an important point though anyhow. My P2V+ v2 has not overheated yet. FWIW.

more ferrite beads for improved video performance
This extra shielding does not increase video performance. It's to help prevent satellite loss.

Trying to tilt the camera with the v2 controller is a real pain :( I'd send it back just because of that.

Thanks guys. I've decided to send it back and get the right one. I'll admit it was tempting because I've been waiting so long for it to get here. Takes a while to ship from WA to OK.

But I specifically bid on the 3.0 over the 2.0 because I wanted the better features, so I can wait a bit longer I guess.

This is my first GPS based quad. I've been playing with a Syma X5C-1 and a Tarantula X6 for a few months now, making sure I learn to fly manually before getting a GPS quad. So I'm extremely anxious to get this thing in the air.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks I'm sure to ask questions about the new V3.0 when it gets here.

Thanks again.

BTW, I wanted to give a shout out to Coptershop. They were great throughout this whole process. They emailed me a prepaid UPS shipping label to send it back. Was worried about getting the shaft since I bought it on ebay and it was a refurb "as-is" type of listing.

Sometimes some people and shops are just really easy and good to deal with. Glad you found one and it's good to know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic