Just Lost my PSP while in litchi mission , need help !

Reaction score
I was running a litchi mission and when it got near 2nd point i notice the drone showing on screen went to the point very fast and then showed drone from same point agian going normal speed to point 2 and then just lost signal.

The mission was over a land site that i dont have access to but drove around after waiting 15 mins for it to return home or get to last point which was were "home" is . mission time was just 9 mins.

after which drove around in that section but not see the bird anywere in the sky. all mission hight was 40m high , so no chance of hitting anything. looking around 30 mins , then started raining.

i have the litchi flight log and dont know what to do next to check it and see what happend.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Mission Hub - Litchi

help ??

Attachments

• 2016-08-21_18-22-25_v2.zip
    36 KB · Views: 297
  • Quarry.zip
    502 bytes · Views: 288
Last edited:
is that the whole log? it sounds like you lost connection.

Were you expecting to loose RC signal? Have you flown this route before?
The tablet log looks normal, but you lost your R/C signal at a very short distance? Could you physically see your bird at the point it lost signal? Without the birds internal log file there is no way to know what your bird did after the signal loss.

If you didn't hit anything the bird should have continued along it's flight path or if there was an error it should have just hovered and then landed itself when the battery went low. So you need to get onto that land and walk your flight path and hopefully find your bird just sitting there with a dead battery.

I've not used the Mission Hub yet and see it's different than programming on the Android tablet, in the app under mission settings there is a "Finnish " setting but I don't see that in the Mission Hub. The only reason I bring this up is that I had an incident with Litchi the other day where I told it the finish action was "reverse". I assumed Litchi would autonomously reverse itself and fly back along the path it took. But no!!, you need to have an R/C connection and use the right stick to bring it back along the same path it went out on . Luckily I raced up a hill with my car and was able to get my signal back and there was my bird just hovering over the last waypoint.

Was there any elevation difference between the ground you were flying over and your home point? I'm only asking because 40 m isn't very high, especially if there are trees and a lot of people don't realize that the altitude setting is NOT the altitude above what you're flying over but the altitude above your home point. If the area you were flying over increased in elevation significantly above your home point, 40 m doesn't leave much room for error. Hope you find it and it's in mint condition! Keep us posted. I hate threads that end with "I never found it".

Also, if you planned your mission on the mission hub, please share it.

Hmmm. The ground elevation at waypoint no 8 is 32m above the height of the first one. If there was any small trees or shrubs, you could have crashed into them. There might also be some inaccuracies in the actual elevation - there has to be some margin for error. I think that the search should be concentrated around the high ground at waypoint 8.

Reactions: Technikal
May I recommend you to create the same path in Google Earth, then right-click on the created path in the "Place" window on the left and select "Show Elevation Profile".
This might give you an idea where you lost your bird if it crashed due to too low altitude.

Most probably it might help you for further missions to plan the flight altitude of your AC to avoid any possible obstacles.

May I recommend you to create the same path in Google Earth, then right-click on the created path in the "Place" window on the left and select "Show Elevation Profile".
This might give you an idea where you lost your bird if it crashed due to too low altitude.

Most probably it might help you for further missions to plan the flight altitude of your AC to avoid any possible obstacles.

You don't have to do that. On the mission hub, when you click on each waypoint, it tells you the elevation and relative height above/below the first one.

Reactions: Technikal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic