Lost an M2P and P4P in July; just found the P4P and wondering if its flight log will give a clue for the location of the M2P

Reaction score
Around mid-July I flew my M2P using a new version of Litchi, Waypoints mode. The signal was lost, and the M2P never came home. (By the way I flew Litchi Waypoints a lot without this problem.) I was able to look at Litchi's flight log on the iPhone but of course it had no record of what happened after the signal loss. So, on July 21 I flew my P4P in search of the M2P. I was dumb enough to use Litchi again, and I lost the P4P too once the signal was lost! However, I hiked up close enough to the P4P to get a signal and therefore its precise GPS coordinates. Where I lost these drones was up on a mountain. I drove a Toyota 4Runner up near where the P4P was, but got stuck. Once a passerby rescued the car (and therefore me) I hurried home and didd't go get the drone. Only today (meaning Sunday) did I go up there again and found the P4P and brought it home (very exciting to see it there, intact!) I suspect what happened to both drones was that once the signal was lost, they landed instead of go on or come home. Now that the P4P is home, should I look for some on-aircraft log file to see what happened? Thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: Thanohano44
I suspect what happened to both drones was that once the signal was lost, they landed instead of go on or come home.
By default the drone will continue a Litchi mission on loss of signal.
Did you change that so that the drone would land?
should I look for some on-aircraft log file to see what happened?
You'll find instructions here to find the appropriate file in your phone or tablet.
Follow the instructions to upload the file to Phantomhelp.
When it gives you a summary report, come back and post a link to that report.
It would also help a lot if you can post something to show the waypoint plan to see what you had programmed and where the drone was going.

After a long pause, Spring's here and I'm going to try to locate and retrieve my Mavic 2 Pro again. I tried to get the flight logs from the P4P but it didn't work. I installed Assistant 2 on Catalina, and while it installed correctly, another piece of software that it supposedly needed wouldn't install. Any clues?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan