Just installed my new mount

Reaction score
I just got my new device mount in the post and I had to install it straight away. It went well, pretty basic really.

I didn't use a nut underneath. I just put some hot glue on the back because I drilled the hole just a tad bigger than it should've been so couln't even screw it in. It seems very solid, I can't even lift it off with quite a bit of pressure. So just a note, that you don't really need a nut on the bottom if you're having trouble sourcing one, or in my case having to pay $16 just for postage.

Attachments

• 20170107_113449.jpg
    20170107_113449.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 529
  • 20170107_113458.jpg
    20170107_113458.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 551
I just got my new device mount in the post and I had to install it straight away. It went well, pretty basic really.

I didn't use a nut underneath. I just put some hot glue on the back because I drilled the hole just a tad bigger than it should've been so couln't even screw it in. It seems very solid, I can't even lift it off with quite a bit of pressure. So just a note, that you don't really need a nut on the bottom if you're having trouble sourcing one, or in my case having to pay $16 just for postage.

Looks like a really fine install. My new mount is in the mail, though delivery is hampered by severe weather elsewhere, the nut came today. Can't wait to get away from my little i5.

I didnt use a nut on mine either, just drilled mine with a # 7 drill bit and tapped it with a 1/4-20 tap straight into the plastic. Worked great!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes ...

Here is with Argtec system and a Nexus 7 Tablet ...

You can see the tablet does not shield the antenna at all ... they have full clear view of sky.

I am waiting delivery of :

9XR Radio Tray With Balance Strap (polycarbonate)

34250.jpg

I will modify ti carry the controller as the Argtec and Tablet create a top heavy unit. This will do two things ... 1. carry the weight and my hands will be free of that, 2. keep controller at best angle to aircraft during flight.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1