Just a thought and solution about the Phantom 4 in 2020

I only updated my P4P once, in June of 2018. And that's where it's been ever since. Flies without any of the issues mentioned on so many of these forums.

If you go to the "About" page in the Go 4 App, it will tell you which version you have. I'd be curious to know. I'm going to guess you're either running 4.0.8 or something close.

D

I think your solution here is relatively straight forward:

1) Remove any non-OEM items you have been using from your drone and RC (propguards, gimbal guards or any form of plastic rings/elastic bands that some use on the RC sticks).
2) Re-calibrate everything, as if you were going through a first-time fly.
3) Perform all the necessary safety/battery checks and also ensure you're in standard P mode.

How does it fly on your current firmware? if you're on an older version, try upgrading and perform/check the above. How does it fly now?

I always look to remove any 3rd party items first, recal if I need to and try from scratch to try and isloate the problem.

RoOSTA

Hey everyone I just wanted to put something out there for anyone that may benefit from this. I had been struggling with my P4 flying extremely slow. Specifically in the forward direction. We're talking 5 or 6mph. At times it would suddenly speed up to about 9mph but that wouldnt last long at all. I researched like crazy but couldnt really find any helpful info anywhere. I'd hear about gimbal guards being a problem. I'd hear to turn off the OA sensors(which i wasnt a fan of), I'd hear about recalibrating the sensors via DJI assistant and I'd hear about downgrading the firmware. I even adjusted the sensitivity on the throttle but nothing worked. My right stick was all the way up my entire flights. I did all those things saving downgrading the firmware for last. I just figured why not have the latest. It must be for a good reason. Anyways, I finally just went ahead and did the downgrade and now my P4 flies perfectly. No issues at all for the moment at least.

Now whether I should have the gimbal guard on or not or the OA on or off is another question. I think i'm going to just leave the guard off for now. I came from a P3 Pro so that was a common thing. Now with sensors underneath it may be a different situation.

So again im just hoping this may help anyone having speed issues on their P4. All my search results never really seemed to apply to me regarding this. Downgrading the firmware in 2020 seems to be ok and will at least fix speed issues. Id put the firmware version up but i dont have it handy. I do know it was the latest that was released in 2019.

That's it everyone. Ya'll be safe!

-RP
What version number did you start with and what version did you revert to?

Harleydude, do you think the newer firmware causes the popular yaw drift? Can't find any other reason......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20