Just curious what antenna mod YOU are using.. feedback

f2bbba7dc278676ea27dc6ef5c085274.jpg
561489ac5ae5b5eb0747324feb64a904.jpg
7ce98e59897a31150b982c6596c7e665.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! Got mine in a couple nights ago. Now for a test.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Nice! Got mine in a couple nights ago. Now for a test.

Sorry Johnny.. the government just cancelled all drone flights. They say you must return your mod and stand in the corner for wanting to have some fun.

I thought you already had this panel. What were you using for the through the woods flight?

But he was having fun... "Stand in the corner for having fun" (Ghestapo yell).

You can use maxxrange or dbs02 with the amp kit

Right, I plan on getting a couple boosters for my maxx range , I was thinking about just mounting them on the back of the panel.. Not sure if that would affect the antenna, I wouldn't think so.. But I'll only do this when I feel I need to

Right, I plan on getting a couple boosters for my maxx range , I was thinking about just mounting them on the back of the panel.. Not sure if that would affect the antenna, I wouldn't think so.. But I'll only do this when I feel I need to

(You'll feel the need to)..........

I like the evo kit for the ability to easily mount to a tripod if u want.

Right, well the maxxrange is a simple on and off too from the rc bracket, what I plan to do is build a steel bar just like the one on the controller -same measurements, and mount that to a tripod.. Then all I gotta do is disconnect the two cables pop it off the controller, pop it onto the tripod, connect my RG6 cable to the antenna and my controller and walla, got a ground station.. .. Depending if I wanna use it in my house.. Then I'll use my 2x50footers, if I wanna just not fly with the weight I'll buy a couple 6footers, this way I can either pull a chair up and sit or stand.. Also I'll be able to put the antenna on the roof of my jeep using he tripod and run the cables into my jeep window and fly from my warm vehicle when the weather is cold.. It's perfect..

I went with the maxxrange cuz it puts out the same Dbi as the evolite with boosters, yes it's bigger and a little tougher to take around with you but it is extremely light.. I bet it doesn't weigh anymore than the evolite kit with the amps when mounted to the controller.. It's just bigger... I went this rout as well cuz it was less money for more Dbi, and if I add amps to it then the Stars the limit. I think I will sticky tape them to the back of the panel this way it's all one piece and will not get in the way of the bracket or Rc/tripod when mounted..

Hey gram check this out.. found this YouTube video this morn, this is EXACTLY how I plan to mount my maxxrange antenna when I'm not using it on the controller
1bc8562a86910ee61a6994b9dfd8026c.png

And check out the bandwidth this guy gets with the 3000mw boosters! He did a bandwidth test to see how far straight left, how far straight right, and how far directly behind the panel he could go before loosing reception..

The little arrows show where he finally lost connection and at what angle and distance he was at from the antenna before it dropped out..

223a7f0aef542252b3a1563b28b9d1a9.png
7c9938ee67bc171a0a0dde2bcacc8929.png
986316a7eb96a671a1ae2869c45c6df0.png
3cd15f14e5b876d9a8393beae6e3765a.png
888c9dd7d95c760cff177996cc897fcd.png
01cb76b2ad1d71073c2ee2f5d1420d25.png

The video link if you wanna watch the entire video is:

Check it out! That's pretty darn good for being a strict directional antenna.. I think for my needs I will be just fine with using this antenna for almost all my needs... Btw I also bought a pair of 5dbi white antennas from maxxuav for when I just wanna go out and fly "normal" lol those antenna will be here along with my entire battery mod kit + 2x venom fly 2300mah lihv lipos by Friday of this week. Then I'll be set. Told myself "no more spending for awhile now" lol

Last edited:
Yes I seen that and have pretty much the same plan as you.. almost to the "T". Having a choice of setup is what I'm shooting for too.

Great minds think alike ;) that's killer dude... Did you say earlier that the evo lite panel will bolt right onto the maxxrange mount? If so maybe eventually what I was thinking was JUST buying the evo lite Antenna too.. This way I have more options.. And once I have the boosters I could litterally from there go with any setup I wanted for any given day.. Once you have all the hardware it's just a matter of what Antenna you wanna use, and exactly how you want to use it.. So it would be nice to know that the evolite antenna would bolt onto the maxxrange bracket..

Maxx UAV sells the large panel alone for only 80$ so I feel like if I talked to him I could prolly buy just the evolite antenna for maybe 60$ give or take.. Which is not bad at all once you have everything you need like I do. This is another reason I decided to just go with the maxxrange.. Cuz I planned on getting boosters anyhow eventually. So when I do, I'll buy the evolite panel only and basically have both kits for whatver I decide to use that day.

I have a tripod but it's from an old garage light.. I'm starting to think it will be a little -too heavy duty for what I need.

You know anywhere to buy cheap/light fold up tripods? Maybe I'll check eBay.. Havnt searched for any as of yet. I'm betting they are pretty cheap $$ wise

Reactions: JohnnyB
Yep, same bracket made for both panels. Since I already have the complete kit, and the kit already having a tripod mount accessory, it'll be easy enough for me to set it on the tripod, keeping the amps close to the antenna. Once I get everything needed.. I know I'll be modifying here and there.. but pretty much the same plan.

I tried using a lightweight tripod.... Better hang on to the one you mentioned.

Are you saying the heavier weight ones are better? Now that I think about it... Too light and it will prolly tip over with any kinda wind .. The panel will act as a sail..

Ok so I have an issue.. My panel works good just connected to my controller as you saw in the pics... So today I figured since it's too cold to Run the cable outside just yet I figured I would do an inside test..
e4e07f7259e9f0b0a9ec3b80f80a9b55.jpg

I used a lamp stand I have to out the antenna on as the "tripod" then ran the rg6 cable from the antenna using coax adaptors for both ends to connect it to the controller.. I turned the controller on and it lit up red light as normal for a few seconds, but before I could get over to my phantom the red light started to flash and the controller would beep as the red light was flashing.. I checked all my contentions which were all finger tight still.. What could be the issue?? Is the cable too long for the transmitter to handle ? Maybe it doesn't have enough power? Or do I need to tighten the connectors with a wrench? I wouldn't think I would have to do that..finger tight is all I ever did with coax cable.. I know the adaptors are correct, or at least they look to be when compairing them to the ends of the cables that came with my clean Install kit.

So what could be the problem?

I tried turning the phantom on anyhow after checking to make sure connections were tight and got no conection (green light) just the red flashing on the controller along with beeps.

Also had I known the large panel woulda fit the evo lite kit and visa versa then I most likely woulda gotten the evolite first .. But I he does sell just the evo lite mount with the lipo battery , maybe I'll just buy that then and the amps later on.. Can you take a picture of your maxxrange kit bolted to your evolite mount with boosters? I would like to see how it all lines up and what not

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl