Just curious what antenna mod YOU are using.. feedback

It looks like you are running F-cables.. Will I be able to use the F- cable for my new maxxrange panel (antenna)? Or will I need to use a different cable that will be more compatible with maxx UAV's antenna?

As I said before I will most likely be buying the smaller panel as well.. Just for smaller flights and traveling.. But my big panel will be used for outside flying from inside my house, as well as around my naiborhood when I don't have to travel real far.. I figure buying maxx UAV antenna will be a much simpler answer to all that I was wanting to do.. And I feel like as long as I have the proper fitting/adaptors, and proper cable for the antenna then I should easily be able achieve my goals..

Ps. Awesome idea with the large clamp and bracket.. I like that. T-up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can use coax with an F connector adapter to SMA

The Nether world

That is exactly correct you made the right choice I think you will be very happy with that setup

The Nether world

Seriously COULD NOT have done it with out you bro. Seriously appericate all your help, incase I havnt said it enough.. With out you I wouldn't have even known about maxx UAV or anything else, and from what I'm seeing/reading, I feel it was a good choice just to spend the extra 40$ and get the bigger panel, even tho it's gonna be a little more tough to transport , still hopping it will all be worth it in the end

However using substandard coax cable will cause problems it most likely would work but you need to be careful with what type of coax and what quality coax you use also using multiple adapters decreases the DB value of the signal so you want to minimize the amount of adapters in line

The Nether world

using multiple adapters decreases the DB value of the signal so you want to minimize the amount of adapters in line

The Nether world

I was thinking about that today at work... Glad you mentioned it.. I will make it as Seemless as all possible.. What cable would you recommend using? At this point I don't care if it's more expensive .. With a good panel like this, I wanna use good equipment to connect it all together with

I was thinking about that today at work... Glad you mentioned it.. I will make it as Seemless as all possible.. What cable would you recommend using? At this point I don't care if it's more expensive .. With a good panel like this, I wanna use good equipment to connect it all together with

I believe I posted the link earlier times microwave is the manufacturer I think look through my previous post from today it should be one of them I am driving a big rig right now so I am away from my computer

The Nether world

A good quality cable is LMR series 240 or 400

The Nether world

Is it legal to fly from inside your house? What about line of sight?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

A good quality cable is LMR series 240 or 400

The Nether world

I'll check these and your previous links out.. And let you know what I decide to go with to make sure it sounds alright.. What's 240-400? The thickness? Or the resistance in the cable?

I believe it refers to thickness/shielding/core sheath

50ohm

So gram, can I use #4. On your list, coax adapter to thread onto each fitting on the panel? And the buy 2 more which I can thread onto the controller (clean antenna mod) fittings? If so then I would just buy 4 of these adaptors/or fittings and use 2 on the panel side, and two on the controller side.. Then the last thing I would need to pick up would be some F-cable such as for a direct tv box to Connect the controller with the outside panel antenna? If so lmk ASAP so I can get them orderd ASAP. This way I can get to work on my stand once I know I have everything orderd that I'll be needing for the setup.

Just remember! That antenna panel is highly directional! Drone will lose contact if it flies out of the panels view. Use Omni-directional for 360 degree link.

And so is maxx UAV smaller panel correct? So what antenna would give me the best 360 degrees plus range? Or is it a give and take sorta thing? With a highly directional antenna it will go farther but must be pointed at the quads direction, and omni-directional is good for 360 degrees but doesn't allow for as much distance?

Also mostly any wifi 2.4gz antenna I buy, pretty much most will thread right onto the end of my controller? Or no.. Maybe I'll get a pair of omni as well, for both my controller when I want light weight and 350 degrees, as well as for the outside ground station if I am not flying in a straight line..

I use the ARGTek and love every minute of it. I'm not having any of the issues described by other users of it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes almost any router Wi-Fi screw on omnidirectional antenna will work as long as you have the correct adapter which I have already listed in previous posts

The Nether world

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31