Just curious what antenna mod YOU are using.. feedback

And Johnny wiped out the neighborhoods wifi with a push of a button..

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
At my sister's place in Nashville TN.. brought the drone to get some pics of her place for her and just used the 9 dB itelite unboosted.. pretty darn impressive. Not pointing the antenna anywhere.. even 400' straight up.. 100% whole time. Done some tree cuttin' too.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice numbers man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys.. So I'll be getting my tax return soon.. I really wanna finish making a good - more perminent roof top or pole top unit.. I just can't decide which will be best .. An 8-9dbi omni antenna like the two Gramm was using.. Or if I should buy two circular polarized 8-9 Dbi antenna like this one
064217b9451c542b789885edc2c6dc77.png

I guess what's confusing me is that they both are a 360 degree antenna correct? In which case. Will they be pretty equal? I'm looking to get 15k or so feet In all directions .. The higher Dbi the more range but worse bandwidth.. How does this stand true when you have an antenna that already puts out a 360 degree donut of signal all the way around it.. Is the donut of signal still there.. Only much thinner when you go up in Dbi? Only speaking of circular pol- and omni directionals.

So which one do you think can provide the best distance while still keeping the most amount of 360 degree signal? And at what Dbi does that 360 degree really start to suffer? 9-10dbi?

Last edited:
These if your using the amps on your maxxrange kit... or straight to controller (RP-SMA fitting)
These if you get rf-linx amps... (N Type fitting)
Fitting needs to match amp input fitting.

Do these need to be perfect parallel with one another? Like if I wanted to put one on the one downside of my roof, and the other on the opposite downside of my roof (basically they would be leaning away from one another..) will this not work? With a 4-5' spread to start?

Or is it best when they are perfectly parallel? And does it matter which way the spread is pointed when I fly? Or can the spread be pointed in any direction as long as the spread is proper?

Hey guys.. So I'll be getting my tax return soon.. I really wanna finish making a good - more perminent roof top or pole top unit.. I just can't decide which will be best .. An 8-9dbi omni antenna like the two Gramm was using.. Or if I should buy two circular polarized 8-9 Dbi antenna like this one
064217b9451c542b789885edc2c6dc77.png

I guess what's confusing me is that they both are a 360 degree antenna correct? In which case. Will they be pretty equal? I'm looking to get 15k or so feet In all directions .. The higher Dbi the more range but worse bandwidth.. How does this stand true when you have an antenna that already puts out a 360 degree donut of signal all the way around it.. Is the donut of signal still there.. Only much thinner when you go up in Dbi? Only speaking of circular pol- and omni directionals.

So which one do you think can provide the best distance while still keeping the most amount of 360 degree signal? And at what Dbi does that 360 degree really start to suffer? 9-10dbi?

Is this a 5.8ghz antenna? This type appears to be directional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20