Just bought a Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
i waited and waited to buy the Phantom 4 Pro to see if any stress cracks problems arised over the month.

I bought a Phantom 3 Pro when they were first announced and unfortunately my P3P has the inevitable stress cracks under the motors. I placed zip ties on all arms near the motors and it seems to solve the issue.

My question is had the been any stress crack or fragile shell issues with the Phantom 4 Pro? I know the original Phantom 4 had some cases of weak shells. Wondering if they fixed the issue with the P4P. I’m not talking about if I crash it, I expect the shell to break. I’m referring to will the shell crack or break on its own from motor or wind stress like the P3 shells?

I got the P4A+ and im on 64 flights, hit one large American Flag, clipped one tiny branch (neither caused a crash luckily) and as of last nights inspection i have zero cracks. Still using the original propellers.

I've had my P4P almost a year now. No problems with cracking at all! I fly quite a bit too.

Make sure you are looking really close. It shocked most P3 owners including myself when you find out where the cracks start. For me, it was inside where the screws are to hold the motors in the arms

I have seen it in P4P's. More in P4's but there are some in P4P's.

Where are they normally forming on the P4P that I should keep my eye on. Is it in the same place as the P3 shells? I have the DJI Refesh Care so I want to catch it right away or within the year that I have the warranty.

Where are they normally forming on the P4P that I should keep my eye on. Is it in the same place as the P3 shells? I have the DJI Refesh Care so I want to catch it right away or within the year that I have the warranty.
I have seen them by the ventilation holls. They are probably the same as the P4's I'm assuming.

Stress Crack - Phantom 4 Pro

Checked both places mentioned, nothing. Looks good. I fly sport mode too fyi and abuse it a bit at times.

I'm just going to repair it myself when it's no longer safe to fly.

Reactions: DKG13CC
P4 and P4P are very similar in shell shape and material. My P4 cracked in the lower right corner of the battery hole, as well as others had similar failures. Mine was 362 days old, barely in warranty, but DJI gave me a new drone. It's been fine ever since, however I've only put about 20 flights on the new replacement P4 when I bought my P4P which is what I fly 95% of the time now.

I have some small cracks forming around the top of the landing gear on my P4P.
Those cracks around the landing gear seem to be a common weak area. @Kman had that same problem and DJI charged him to fix it, which isn't right when it's under warranty. I think DJI assumes it's from hard landings (pilot error), but I don't think that was the case with Kman.

Reactions: Boarhogone
Care to send pics so I can see what to look for?
Crack.jpg

When the cracks are as small as that, is it even a problem?

Is it something they send you a brand new drone for?

They will most likely send you back a refurbished Phantom.
That's s great offer right? I have one of those minimal cracks on a landing leg.

How do I approach this? I purchased from a vendor, not DJI directly.

Thanks!

The crack does not really bother me though, and I am very satisfied with my Phantom. Do you think the chance of getting a lemon when getting a refurb is so high that I would be better of keeping mine?

My P4P has only one defect and it is very small and irrelevant if one know to avoid it.. the focus is off, so infinity is not on the edge of the wheel but two lines inwards.

I would hate to end up with a refurb with smudgy lens or something to that effect..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31