Just a heads up on Amazon

Exactly.

And, shipping prime items back to Amazon when they are sold and fulfilled by a 3rd party is not a benefit of prime. So, the fact that an item is marked as prime doesn't matter.

This is where your off a bit. When you say return back to amazon are you talking about the warehouse or the prime seller?

Let me be clear again. No matter the seller, if it states prime, even from a 3rd party, you receive all prime benefits which include shipping back to the original seller and a full refund. This has nothing to do with 2003 or orders made back then or even last year. This something new that amazon is doing to expand their prime sales. Started a few months ago.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I stated most of this in post 62. When you purchase a prime product, you can return the product to where you purchased it from, be it the seller or warehouse. All prime returns are paid shipping. The buyer does not pay return shipping on prime orders. After receiving the product, the seller (Amazon warehouse or private prime seller) has 3 days to refund in full.

I believe the buyer has 30 days until he can return under these conditions. I'm not 100%, but can find out in a few hours if needed.

My warehouse just got its first prime return from a customer this last Tuesday.
Got it - thanks for replying! I hope this was your first and last return... ;)

Got it - thanks for replying! I hope this was your first and last return... ;)

No way. Many more to come:) We ship over 100k a month in amazon. I think one month we hit 150k. We have a specific product that ranges from $1,000 up to $2,000. People use it for what they need and then return it. Its kind of a weird deal and I even suggested renting through amazon, but nothing became of it. Returns are just part of the game in retail. The benefits outweigh the returns tenfold.

No way. Many more to come:) We ship over 100k a month in amazon. I think one month we hit 150k. We have a specific product that ranges from $1,000 up to $2,000. People use it for what they need and then return it. Its kind of a weird deal and I even suggested renting through amazon, but nothing became of it. Returns are just part of the game in retail. The benefits outweigh the returns tenfold.
Ahhh, totally off topic for the OP, but it is interesting how you would brand your business when 'most' people will return it. Statistically it may send the wrong message (>75% return rate) as most people associate a return with a defective/poor quality product which is not the case for you. Unless of course, most of your customers understand the nature of the product you sell? Good luck with your business!

Ahhh, totally off topic for the OP, but it is interesting how you would brand your business when 'most' people will return it. Statistically it may send the wrong message (>75% return rate) as most people associate a return with a defective/poor quality product which is not the case for you. Unless of course, most of your customers understand the nature of the product you sell? Good luck with your business!
Ya like I said it’s weird. The product itself is bullet proof. It’s very expensive for one to purchase on there own and only use it a few times. It’s no where near “most” it just feels that way sometimes. I work in a very, very niche market which in a way has its own standards. And this is only one type of a particular machine which is probably 1% of our machine sales.

For the record, it’s not my business. I work for the company. I am the shop foreman and oversee production. I’m also responsible for all of our machine repairs so naturally I see all the amazon machine returns.

We have a 5 star rating (99% approval rate) ATM with almost 700 reviews in the last 12 months. I’d say we’re doing right.

All prime returns are paid shipping. The buyer does not pay return shipping on prime orders.
This is not accurate. Prime or not, the return shipping cost is not always covered. See more details here.

This is not accurate. Prime or not, the return shipping cost is not always covered. See more details here.
I’m not asking you to believe me;). I’m just stating facts pertaining to how prime operates at the current time.

When you say return back to amazon are you talking about the warehouse or the prime seller?
When I say "Amazon", I'm referring to the company named Amazon.

Let me be clear again. No matter the seller, if it states prime, even from a 3rd party, you receive all prime benefits which include shipping back to the original seller and a full refund.
I'll try to be clear as well.

The benefits of Prime shipping are the expedited shipping and no cost shipping (see more details here). There are no Prime benefits for returns. All buyers receive the same service.

This has nothing to do with 2003 or orders made back then or even last year.
You're really hung up on that 2003 reference. I agree though, nothing has changed since 2003. Amazon has always handled returns the same way.

I’m not asking you to believe me;). I’m just stating facts pertaining to how prime operates at the current time.
I'm not asking you to believe me either. I know how Amazon works from many years of experience. Returns are not always free (even when the item is Prime). See the links I referenced above if you're confused.

Msigner, look, I’ve been very specific about this being a new deal. Like 3 months old. For you to sit there and say nothing has changed since 2003 is hogwash. A lot has changed since 2003 and a lot has changed in the last few months. That being said OUR, many years of experience means nothing to how things are handled today.

For you to state there is no benifit for prime returns is just not correct. Did you miss the part about the company I work for receiving its first prime return from a customer just this last Tuesday? Shipped by the customer which we paid for as required by amazon. I’ve been here 4+ years and this is the first. Why? Because amazon just changed how prime works with 3rd party sellers. My info is coming from first hand experiences that you don’t have. I understand you can go dig up rules from amazon, but when we’re those rules updated?

I don’t want to argue with anymore about this. I’m telling what my company does with amazon. We are a 3rd party seller, selling as prime with all the prime benefits which include return paid shipping. I only joined this thread to help the op understand a lil better and maybe get a screen shot of the seller once he turns his prime back on. I could honestly care less about how you interpret the rules of prime.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Msigner, look, I’ve been very specific about this being a new deal. Like 3 months old. For you to sit there and say nothing has changed since 2003 is hogwash. A lot has changed since 2003 and a lot has changed in the last few months. That being said OUR, many years of experience means nothing to how things are handled today.
I've been very specific too. I even provided you with links to go read the policies yourself (since some people are against trusting first hand experiences).

Your statement that all Prime items can be returned for free is not correct. It depends on why the item is being returned. That has not recently changed (not even in the past 3 months).

If you're going to claim things that go against Amazon policies as fact, then please show your source of information. And, no, the fact that you worked for a company for 4+ years is not a good source of information.

I'm not here to argue. I'm just sharing facts. If you're here to argue, then you'll have to do it with someone else. I don't have time to partake.

Last edited:
I've been very specific too. I even provided you with links to go read the policies yourself (since some people are against trusting first hand experiences).

Your statement that all Prime items can be returned for free is not correct. It depends on why the item is being returned. That has not recently changed (not even in the past 3 months).

If you're going to claim things that go against Amazon policies as fact, then please show your source of information. And, no, the fact that you worked for a company for 4+ years is not a good source of information.

I'm not here to argue. I'm just sharing facts. If you're here to argue, then you'll have to do it with someone else. I don't have time to partake.
For someone who is not here to argue, you sure have spent a lot of time partaking, insisting everyone else is wrong, accusing them of making false claims, and that only you are right. What you call sharing facts is just you pounding your shoe on the table, ignoring the facts that everyone else has presented. :rolleyes:

The important take aways from this thread that are relevant to Phantom Pilots members are that only DJI drone purchases from Amazon as the seller enjoy 30 day no question refunds. All other DJI drone purchases through Amazon are from 3rd party sellers, including DJI itself, who either have a no refunds policy, or limit you to 7 days, and each gets to set their own return and refund policy. All of @msinger links for DJI drone purchases on his website are 3rd party sellers who pay him a commission for linking sales from his website. @msinger has no such affiliate relationship with Amazon direct, and continuously discourages buying from DJI drones from Amazon direct, claiming there is no difference, and yet that is the ONLY way to get Amazon's 30 refund policy, instead of the no refund policies of the @msinger affiliates on Amazon. Draw your own conclusions. Buy only from Amazon direct as the actual seller, and not from 3rd party sellers if you want a 30 day easy refund from a reputable company! Alternatively, buy from B&H and pay no sales tax, or from Best Buy, and get over-the-counter exchanges or refunds from 14 to 45 days, depending upon your elite or elite plus membership status. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Helihover
For someone who is not here to argue, you sure have spent a lot of time partaking, insisting everyone else is wrong
If you don't care for my comments, then stop quoting me and commenting in this thread ;)

What you call sharing facts is just you pounding your shoe on the table, ignoring the facts that everyone else has presented.
That's not accurate. I've shared my experience as an Amazon customer who has been purchasing and returning items from 3rd party sellers for many years.

The important take aways from this thread that are relevant to Phantom Pilots members are that only DJI drone purchases from Amazon as the seller enjoy 30 day no question refunds. All other DJI drone purchases through Amazon are from 3rd party sellers, including DJI itself, who either have a no refunds policy, or limit you to 7 days, and each gets to set their own return and refund policy.
That is not accurate. As long as the drones are shipped by Amazon (and sold by anyone), you will enjoy the 30 day no question refunds. I know this because I've returned a drone to Amazon before (an Autel X-Star). It was sold by Autel and fulfilled by Amazon.

@msinger has no such affiliate relationship with Amazon direct, and continuously discourages buying from DJI drones from Amazon direct, claiming there is no difference
That is not accurate. I recommend people buy drones from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer (to ensure DJI honors their warranty). Amazon direct is not listed as an authorized DJI dealer (see for yourself here).

Also, I do have a relationship with Amazon direct. I disclose that on my website (since they require me to). That's a bit off topic though, so I don't know why you thought it was a good idea to mention it here.

Last edited:
If you don't care for my comments, then stop quoting me and commenting in this thread ;)

That's not accurate. I've shared my experience as an Amazon customer who has been purchasing and returning items from 3rd party sellers for many years.
I thought you were done partaking...:rolleyes:

That is not accurate. As long as the drones are shipped by Amazon (and sold by anyone), you will enjoy the 30 day no question refunds.
So what say you about all your affiliate links that are all to third party sellers?
Are you still claiming that buying through your links offers the buyers a 30 day no questions asked refund? :rolleyes:

Are you still claiming that buying through your links offers the buyers a 30 day no questions asked refund?
It doesn't matter which link you use to get to Amazon.com. As long as Amazon fulfills the order, you will be able to take advantage of their 30 day no questions asked refund policy.

It doesn't matter which link you use to get to Amazon.com. As long as Amazon fulfills the order, you will be able to take advantage of their 30 day no questions asked refund policy.
Nice deflection. :rolleyes: So which, if any, of your DJI drone purchase links on your website are actually fulfilled by Amazon, which is the only question I asked?

Nice deflection. :rolleyes: So which, if any, of your DJI drone purchase links on your website are actually fulfilled by Amazon, which is the only question I asked?
A deflection? You lost me on that one.

You can use my links, your links, your friend's links, or type "amazon.com" in your web browser. The path you take to Amazon's website does not matter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl