Just a heads up on Amazon

Look, I can't debate with you about what appears on the surface, but what I saw when I ordered, was a Prime logo, next to the product.
I'm really not trying to debate with you -- simply helping to explain how Amazon works (since I have more experience than the average Amazon buyer).

I'm really not trying to debate with you -- simply helping to explain how Amazon works (since I have more experience than the average Amazon buyer).
Appreciated, but until you run afoul of the policies, due to whatever, you just don't understand. You have read and believe what I did, but you have not had Amazon itself explain this process. I too have maddd a log of purchases, but apparently, things are changing. Did you happen to look at the consumer affairs link, there are a lot of catch 22s.

Did you happen to look at the consumer affairs link, there are a lot of catch 22s.
I briefly looked at it. People were complaining about all kinds of unrelated problems.

I briefly looked at it. People were complaining about all kinds of unrelated problems.
Yeah, 3,500 is a lot to browse, but there are others similar to mine.
I am not a hater, just thought it might be good to let others know, be sure where the package is coming from, but be aware, they can change the order as another stated he experienced without approval.
But no sweat, I give up the thread, close it if you wish. I am tired of explaining that there are exceptions, as stated in the POLICY, but the exceptions are not explained, you learn about those when you run into a problem. It is that simple.:)

So what racing drone did you attempt to buy, and from what seller? I'm looking in to getting in the racing drones.
I bought a TBS Vendetta II. Due to the ongoing investigation, I would rather not say who the seller was at this time, I have a small hope of recovering my losses. :)

I am tired of explaining that there are exceptions, as stated in the POLICY, but the exceptions are not explained, you learn about those when you run into a problem. It is that simple.
Which exceptions do you feel you ran into?

How so? It is a Prime item. As the page shows, it will be shipped with free 2-day shipping (just like all other Prime items).
But it is not Prime for returns, the item goes to the seller, he determines the value and the amount of refund. Will you get a free return label, ask Amazon, after you addk for a return.
Honestly, forget that I mentioned anything, go do as you please, I won't discuss it further, it is distressing.

Prime doesn't have anything to do with returns. It means nothing more than you'll get free, expedited shipping.
Whatever, you don't quite grasp it, if you did not look down, you would not have known someone besides Amazon was involved, that was how PRIME used to be, but now Prime has a different meaning and returns policies exist. That is what I am saying.
Did you also no see that returns for Amazon Prime also have exceptions. Did you see any explanation of what those exceptions might be? Keep buying and you may find out more about them.
Let's just leave it at you think otherwise, no sweat.

now Prime has a different meaning
Prime has always meant free, expedited shipping (and now even 1-day in some locations). Shipped by has always named the party that is shipping the item. Returns have always been sent back to the party that shipped. These things haven't changed.

The only thing that has recently changed is that Amazon now allows sellers who can offer free, expedited shipping to be marked as Prime.

Prime has always meant free, expedited shipping (and now even 1-day in some locations). Shipped by has always named the party that is shipping the item. Returns have always been sent back to the party that shipped. These things haven't changed.

The only thing that has recently changed is that Amazon now allows sellers who can offer free, expedited shipping to be marked as Prime.
There is one more Prime, I did not take the time to dig one up, but as of Nov 9, they existed.
PRIME
Sold by whoever
Fulfilled by Amazon.
I was told repeatedly, this type has to be returned to the seller, even though it is fulfilled by Amazon. Can I provide a LINK? No, it is an EXCEPTION to the Return Policy, apparently one that I can not find in print.
Please, let's drop it, I am getting tired of the whole thing. You win, I am wrong, but still out $350, due to the return policy. It easy to sit in your seat, looking at mine.;)

There is one more Prime, I did not take the time to dig one up, but as of Nov 9, they existed.
PRIME
Sold by whoever
Fulfilled by Amazon.
I was told repeatedly, this type has to be returned to the seller, even though it is fulfilled by Amazon. Can I provide a LINK? No, it is an EXCEPTION to the Return Policy, apparently one that I can not find in print.
Rule #1 when playing on the Internet -- don't believe everything you read. Until this is officially listed in Amazon's return policy, I think it's fair to say this is nothing more than hearsay.

I'm not trying to win. Just simply trying to understand why you created this thread. And, I'm also sharing facts so anyone else reading along knows how Amazon really works (rather than how you've heard it works). Drumming up a bunch of rumors is not helpful for anyone.

Rule #1 when playing on the Internet -- don't believe everything you read. Until this is officially listed in Amazon's return policy, I think it's fair to say this is nothing more than hearsay.

I'm not trying to win. Just simply trying to understand why you created this thread. And, I'm also sharing facts so anyone else reading along knows how Amazon really works (rather than how you've heard it works). Drumming up a bunch of rumors is not helpful for anyone.
One last time, I will try to put this simply. I feel that the different types of Prime, makes it difficult to be sure what you are ordering and from whom. Now, you have not gone out and searched Amazon for the 3 types of Prime that I have mentioned it would seem, though I showed one. Agreed, it that case the seller was also the one that fulfilled the order or sent it. But, it is my belief that this order, when I made it, stated Fulfilled by Amazon, but sold by XXXXXXXX. But I cannot prove it, I admit that.
So, why would I come and lie about this? I have nothing to gain by it. So, if you listen, my intent was to let people know that they might think they have rights or perhaps better, options that they actually do not have.
I understand that you are a vendor. You perhaps have never had this happen, that too I understand. But it did happen to me, I am trying to help others, so they are completely aware of what Prime can mean or what it does mean as far as returns are concerned.
Did you not read the other poster, that stated he had seen Prime orders that were fulfilled by others, due to lack of stock?
Please, there is nothing more to talk about. I have tried to explain the WHY as best I can, if this has not been enough, well sorry.
But either way, please, let's just drop this, I am not wanting to talk about it anymore. SO, not meaning to be unfriendly, I will not answer any more questions. If I haven't made clear by now, I wont in the future I am sure.:)
If there is anything that I have said concerning this, I assure you that what I have said is what was said to me by Amazon. If they informed me incorrectly, that would not surprise me.

I feel that the different types of Prime, makes it difficult to be sure what you are ordering and from whom.
Like returns, the fact that an item is Prime has nothing to do with the party that sells/ships the product. Read the description of the product carefully before buying. It'll state "Sold by X" and "Shipped/Fulfilled by X".

it is my belief that this order, when I made it, stated Fulfilled by Amazon, but sold by XXXXXXXX. But I cannot prove it, I admit that.
Check the tracking information for your order. If it was really fulfilled by Amazon, it might show the package was shipped from an Amazon warehouse. If that's the case, show it to Amazon and this return will be a piece of cake for you.

I understand that you are a vendor.
I'm just a regular guy like you who has been buying things on Amazon since 2003.

I am trying to help others, so they are completely aware of what Prime can mean or what it does mean as far as returns are concerned.
Prime has nothing to do with returns. I provided you with a link above that explains the benefits of Prime. I cannot make you read/understand the facts, but I'm always happy to show where the correct information can be found.

Did you not read the other poster, that stated he had seen Prime orders that were fulfilled by others, due to lack of stock?
I'm not sure what he's talking about. I'd be interested in seeing that paper trail (if it can be found).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164