Just a heads up on Amazon

You still are not hearing what I have said, you are still mistaken on the policy. You DO NOT return an item fulfilled by Amazon, IF it is listed as sold by a SELLER other than AMAZON
This is not true. If Amazon ships the item, the item is ALWAYS returned to Amazon (as long as it's an item that is allowed to be returned).

BTW, I order hundreds of packages from Amazon each year. My wife just returned a few items last week that were sold by someone else and shipped by Amazon. She printed a return label on Amazon.com and shipped the items back to Amazon.

I've never had a bad experience with Amazon... at least not in the past 10 years. On the rare occasion I need to return an item, I can print the label immediately, slap it on the box, drop it at the ups store, and within an hour I have my refund! It's crazy! Bezos is a genius.

This is not true. If Amazon ships the item, the item is ALWAYS returned to Amazon (as long as it's an item that is allowed to be returned).

BTW, I order hundreds of packages from Amazon each year. My wife just returned a few items last week that were sold by someone else and shipped by Amazon. She printed a return label on Amazon.com and shipped the items back to Amazon.
I suggest that you READ the Returns information on Amazon, you will see what I have just said is stated in writing. If sold by OTHER, even when delivered by Amazon, you must return to the seller. Seriously, I thought like you, I am now more educated. Read and see if I am wrong.

I suggest that you READ the Returns information on Amazon, you will see what I have just said is stated in writing.
I don't need to read it. I know from experience.

Feel free to post a link to the page you are referring to though.

I will l
If you don't want to show us the link you purchased it from, can you show us a link that is similar?
I can look, but why don't you check out what I have said, you can read the information provided by Amazon too. It is right there, just click on Returns Policy.
I don't need to read it. I know from experience.

Feel free to post a link to the page you are referring to though.

Here is the actual returns policy. Read how it says that if Amazon fulfills it, you ship it to them, EXCEPT IN SOME CASES. Well, this is one of those, SOME CASES, that you don't hear about until you have a problem. If the seller is listed as the seller and is not Amazon, then it is fulfilled by Amazon, it must still be returned to the seller as this makes it a 3rd party sale. Now, I am telling you that this is what they tell me. If you don't read into this what I am saying, join the club. I am a Prime member, for 15 years and have ordered a lot of stuff. I am now in the middle of a total nightmare of a claim and am only trying to help others avoid this same pitfall.

However, it is fine if you wish to ignore my advise, I give it freely and so you are free to take it or not. But if you find yourself in this same situation, don't say I didn't warn you.;)
Amazon.com Help: About Our Returns Policies

If the seller is listed as the seller and is not Amazon, then it is fulfilled by Amazon, it must still be returned to the seller as this makes it a 3rd party sale. Now, I am telling you that this is what they tell me.
In your case, the seller was listed as both the seller and the shipper (neither Amazon). So, this did not happen with your racing drone order.

Are you saying you have actually had to return items back to the seller when they were shipped by Amazon?

However, it is fine if you wish to ignore my advise, I give it freely and so you are free to take it or not. But if you find yourself in this same situation, don't say I didn't warn you.;)
Amazon.com Help: About Our Returns Policies
The link you provided states the following:
"When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return will be sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com."

I agree. That's exactly what I'm telling you above.

The link you provided states the following:
"When you order from a seller that fulfills and ships its own inventory (also called a third party seller), your return will be sent back to the seller instead of Amazon.com."

I agree. That's exactly what I'm telling you above.
Amazon.com Return Policy
Items shipped from Amazon.com, including Warehouse Deals, can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment in most cases. "Some products have different policies or requirements associated with them."

Look at the part that I put in parenthesis. "Some products have different policies or requirements associated with them." In my case, that was the case.

In my case, that was the case.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Did the seller both sell and ship your racing drone? If this is the case, then the return policy snippets you keep quoting don't apply to your purchase (since Amazon did not ship it).

In your case, the seller was listed as both the seller and the shipper (neither Amazon). So, this did not happen with your racing drone order.

Are you saying you have actually had to return items back to the seller when they were shipped by Amazon?
What I am saying as did another person in this thread, you can order something PRIME and they can change that after you have made the order, have someone else send it, because they could not complete it. All this without you knowing that.
But, as I said, I did not take a picture of the page for the Drone, at the time of purchase. I was sure that it said PRIME, but after that, not positive about the details. But, Amazon said that it was marked as shipped prime, according to their records.
Now, that page does not show PRIME at all, so of course I have no way to show a link of how it was when I bought it. As I said, that is a lesson learned, I will now always take a snapshot of the page, for my records.
Let me just say, I bring this up, because it is not what I was led to believe by what I was told by Amazon. I had no idea of the existence of Special PRIME sales, as was explained to me. Want a link, no there is none, this is just what supervisors told me on the phone. So I can't produce this proof for you.
Hey, buy what you want. I am not trying to stop you, just trying to explain how this really is.
Care to read about others and their experience?
Top 3,457 Reviews and Complaints about Amazon.com

Correct me if I'm wrong. Did the seller both sell and ship your racing drone? If this is the case, then the return policy snippets you keep quoting don't apply to your purchase (since Amazon did not ship it).
I am not saying that this is not the case, but it was supposed to be PRIME, that should mean you are doing a PRIME purchase, but you are not. That is the point and the only point of my thread. I am also saying that Amazon records show that it shipped PRIME, as I thought it was going to be, but it was not it was shipped by the seller. Now maybe you can understand the confusion of this whole situation. Now, that page item, no longer shows as PRIME, so no I cannot show you the details of the transaction.

Lots of links, but none of the product you purchased and none of a similar product. I think most people would see that and think something is fishy with the info provided in the OP...

it was supposed to be PRIME, that should mean you are doing a PRIME purchase, but you are not. That is the point and the only point of my thread.
Amazon Prime comes packed with many benefits (most of which have nothing to do with buying products on Amazon.com). The expedited shipping benefits (as explained here) apply to all products marked as PRIME (even if Amazon does not ship them). Those shipping benefits have nothing to do with Amazon's return policy. Everyone who shops on Amazon is able to take advantage of the same return policy (even non Amazon Prime members).

It sounds like you just don't understand the benefits of Amazon Prime.

Lots of links, but none of the product you purchased and none of a similar product. I think most people would see that and think something is fishy with the info provided in the OP...
I have stated twice, there is no link that shows the page as I saw it, I cannot produce one. They changed the page after I complained and filed for a return.

So your product listing was so unique, no other product on Amazon.com is similarly listed...?

C'mon...

@Mark The Droner, why does the listing even matter? The return policy is the same whether or not item was PRIME.

Amazon Prime comes packed with many benefits (most of which have nothing to do with buying products on Amazon.com). The expedited shipping benefits (as explained here) apply to all products marked as PRIME (even if Amazon does not ship them). Those shipping benefits have nothing to do with Amazon's return policy. Everyone who shops on Amazon is able to take advantage of the same return policy (even non Amazon Prime members).

It sounds like you just don't understand the benefits of Amazon Prime.
How can you possibly know what I have gone through, much less judge whether I understand policy. I have been going through this since Nov 27, every day, every week. 10 hours on the phone with supervisors, trying to get an explanation of policy. What I have told you, was told to me by Amazon Supervisors. If you don't care to believe what I am telling you, fine, but don't dismiss what I am telling you. I am telling you exactly how it really is, when you HAVE a problem. Maybe you won't have a problem, that would be great. But if you have been on Amazon since 2003 like me, maybe it is just a matter of time?:oops:

@Mark The Droner, why does the listing even matter? The return policy is the same whether or not item was PRIME.
TRUE
So your product listing was so unique, no other product on Amazon.com is similarly listed...?

C'mon...
I am not going to waste my time, looking for the products listed as I stated. If you wish, look for yourself. I don't think you understand that I am trying to help. But whatever, forget about it. It is not like it is skin off my butt.;)

How can you possibly know what I have gone through
I really don't know what you've gone though. And, your story doesn't help make your point. The point... being that I guess you don't understand what PRIME means. PRIME has nothing to do with a return policy, so this thread really isn't making much sense.

If you don't care to believe what I am telling you, fine, but don't dismiss what I am telling you. I am telling you exactly how it really is
From experience, I already know how the Amazon return process works. I'm well aware that an item must always be returned to the party that ships it. There are no exceptions. It sounds like you talked to a supervisor who gave you bad information or did not explain the process clearly.

But if you have been on Amazon since 2003 like me, maybe it is just a matter of time?:oops:
I'm right there with you. I made my first Amazon purchase on July 31, 2003.

I really don't know what you've gone though. And, your story doesn't help make your point. The point... being that I guess you don't understand what PRIME means. PRIME has nothing to do with a return policy, so this thread really isn't making much sense.

From experience, I already know how the Amazon return process works. I'm well aware that an item must always be returned to the party that ships it. There are no exceptions. It sounds like you talked to a supervisor who gave you bad information or did not explain the process clearly.

I'm right there with you. I made my first Amazon purchase on July 31, 2003.
Look, I can't debate with you about what appears on the surface, but what I saw when I ordered, was a Prime logo, next to the product. Take that as you will. But believe as you wish, Amazon explained it a bit differently to me. Hope you don't have to experience the same.
I give, I guess no one really cares about the issue, so as f at as I am concerned, thread closed.:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT