Joining the P3 Team!

I just ordered mine today and cant wait until Friday! I think I've read every possible manual and forum and watched every video haha.

:cool:

Looks like I'll have a P3 soon. After two costly flyaways on the P2, DJI has taken pity on me and is sending me a P3P. So there you have it. Looking forward to getting the most out of it with you guys.
You lucked out, I'm sure you won't be considering the solo anymore?will you...

Looks like I'll have a P3 soon. After two costly flyaways on the P2, DJI has taken pity on me and is sending me a P3P. So there you have it. Looking forward to getting the most out of it with you guys.

Well tha'st really good news. Maybe their not so bad after all. I did a P3P by pre-order from Stapels via unknown dealer and just got a notice that it will be shipped by June 1st. (Originally May 20). I don't mind as I would have been tempted to give it a go before my Trackimo arrived. After reading many flyaway posts I believe it would be foolhardy to fly without some sort of tracker.

I loved my pv2+ v3 but to be honest i'd never have one again after owning the P3P, the lightbridge is amazing and gives you so much confidence having a smooth strong connection and hd being able to see very clearly, the P3 seems to handle a lot better than the p2 and the pilot app is so much better giving much more detail and options to use, perfect with the Nvida Shield.
The P3 is a major step up from the pv2 in my opinion, 14 very happy flights so far, latest 1.1.9 firmware. :)

Pre- Congratulations!
I've ordered mine too... This one seems to cover all the issues and wishes! Can't wait. ;)

A tracker is always a good idea. You never know what can happen. I'll be putting a Flytrex Live on my P3 for sure.

As for the SOLO, I haven't ruled anything out. Whatever is going to get me the best possible footage. I'm hoping to work with DJI on getting the best out of the P3P camera. The hardware is there, so it's really just firmware that needs some tweaking.

I am very much looking forward to the agility and stability of the P3.

Reactions: Bigdz
Where are these fly aways? I've not heard of anybody losing a P3 that didn't go down in water.
Although the P3 is supposed to take care of the flyaway situation I think it is only prudent to add an additional safety net. I actually didn't quote that it was P3 specific by the way, that was your assumption. In the future I may also add the parachute option but I felt that tracking would be my first choice. The first P3 release group is sort of beta and I'd rather not risk such a lo$$.

Where could one put a tracker on the P3?
There is no room...and wouldn't the added weight reduce flight time...just sayin...

You should be happy with the P3 Ian.
It's a very solid platform.
Thousands out there now with lots of new flyers and remarkably few issues reported.
The integrated lightbridge is a treat to pilot.
Just wish you could reset the home point or use dynamic HP as I'm sailing offshore right now.
Would make a nice photo but RTH could be a problem.

Where could one put a tracker on the P3?
There is no room...and wouldn't the added weight reduce flight time...just sayin...
There are several replays to this question previously posted. It can be done.
Everything becomes a compramise when changing the current norm. It's all about what you are willing to accept. The P3 is not a cheap toy but I think worth every penny ( And I don't even have mine yet!)
I am of the mindset... Backup, safety, training. Be prepared for the enviable.

You should be happy with the P3 Ian.
It's a very solid platform.
Thousands out there now with lots of new flyers and remarkably few issues reported.
The integrated lightbridge is a treat to pilot.
Just wish you could reset the home point or use dynamic HP as I'm sailing offshore right now.
Would make a nice photo but RTH could be a problem.
I haven't tried it yet but can't you reset home point in the new version of the app released today on iOS?

Although the P3 is supposed to take care of the flyaway situation I think it is only prudent to add an additional safety net. I actually didn't quote that it was P3 specific by the way, that was your assumption. In the future I may also add the parachute option but I felt that tracking would be my first choice. The first P3 release group is sort of beta and I'd rather not risk such a lo$$.
If you see my post above the one of yours I quoted. I'm not against the tracker, to each their own. But you implied P3 fly always that get lost and I haven't seen a single one reported. As a "Beta tester" this thing is awesome.

Welcome aboard the p3 plane ian...

From another fellow pilot..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31