Joining the P3 Team!

I haven't tried it yet but can't you reset home point in the new version of the app released today on iOS?
Looks like you can ...
What's New in Version 1.1.2
- Added “Set Home Point” feature for Phantom 3, you can set the position of your aircraft or iPhone/iPad as the Home Point.
- YouTube Broadcast can be used on Phantom 3 Advanced now.
Unfortunately it's a long swim from here to get an apple device.
Looks like they haven't updated the Android app yet ... but it should just be a matter of time.

If you see my post above the one of yours I quoted. I'm not against the tracker, to each their own. But you implied P3 fly always that get lost and I haven't seen a single one reported. As a "Beta tester" this thing is awesome.
I'm obviously finding it difficult to make my point clear with you. Many times on this P3 forum there are references to flyaways by the P1 and P2 where they have rightfully opted to use a tracker. In no way my decision to use a tracker on the P3 is an admission or implication for that matter, that I have stated there have been flyaways by the P3.
I'm sure that the RTH function added to the P3 is there to remedy that previous problem however that is not to say the P3 is impervious to flyaways.
After now, re- reading my first and original post I stated " Well that's really good news. Maybe their [in reference to dji] not so bad after all."
If I was referring to the P3, I would have used " there instead of their", their in reference to people as opposed to things.
I hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

If I was referring to the P3, I would have used " there instead of their", their in reference to people as opposed to things.
Not to be pedantic, but I think the contraction "they're" is the word you wanted to use, as in "they are" :)

One of the big advantages of the P3 over P2 is the range you receive information and crystal clear 720p FPV. Plus you get the satellite map of the flight path. On the P2, the first thing you lost was the data link showing distance, radial direction, and other key data to help you control your flyaway and get it coming home. I haven't heard of any fly aways, the new compass and set Home Point on prop start up helps make sure it comes home to you.

The visual-sonic sensor on the bottom has some great advantage of flying indoors, which few will ever do, but also adds some flight issues that are very well documented in the flight manual. Read all of those warnings so you know when an issue might pop up flying close to any surface, like a roof, or edge of a cliff, or water, or a swimming pool, or any shiny or brightly lit surface. So the VPS is new and I'm not sure it should not be off when flying outdoors, and only turned on for indoor, non-GPS capable flights.

Losing one engine on a quad is always going to be a crash landing. A bird strike or bird attack might break one prop blade. Avoid flying in areas where predatory birds are flying. Hawks have been known to attack. Other birds attack when something or someone gets close to a nest of baby birds. They are known to peck people on the head, walking close to their nest. Approaching a P3 seem like they are trying to scare away something they can't understand, and the props are invisible until they hit the bird.

Fly your P3 safe, and read the manual, as a lot has changed.

Not to be pedantic, but I think the contraction "they're" is the word you wanted to use, as in "they are" :)
Well it appears you got my point anyway professor.

If I have to defend every syllable (is that one "l" or two) posted here this forum will be hardly worth the effort. Oh by the way " is this what is called trolling? I've seen that posted here many times. Maybe you can define Troll for me professor.

Well it appears you got my point anyway professor.

If I have to defend every syllable (is that one "l" or two) posted here this forum will be hardly worth the effort. Oh by the way " is this what is called trolling? I've seen that posted here many times. Maybe you can define Troll for me professor.
Weren't you the one giving the grammar lesson to @Apparition ?
My comment was mostly in jest. Smiley face generally means friendly... simmer down.

Congrats. Glad you are being taken care of. I got mine on Tuesday. Lightbridge is so freaking cool. Cant believe I have gone without it before.

Weren't you the one giving the grammar lesson to @Apparition ?
My comment was mostly in jest. Smiley face generally means friendly... simmer down.
Than a more appropriate answer would have been giving an opinion on what the main subject was " did I actually state that the P3 had flyaways". Believe me I can take a joke, just like the next person. I just don't like being told I said something that I clearly didn't.
In this new world of texting I admit that grammar is the first casualty however using their vs there is an ok compromise.
I'm simmerin':cool:

Reactions: bbfpv
Wow, this thread took a turn for the f'd up. I was just genuinely wanting to know if any P3's had really flown away. Whether or not you really implied P3 is insignificant and I don't care if anybody adds a tracker it can't hurt.

Reactions: Willie Swyer
anyone know Is the FlyTrex3g install the same on the Phantom 3 as it is on the Vision plus? will the same Flytrex 3g work with the Flytrex Live Installation Adapter? or do you need a different Flytrex3g as well?
Thanks

Flyaways are really tricky to diagnose. No doubt, there will be a number of flyaway claims, but if the P2 is anything to go by, many will be some form of user error. And in cases that aren't clear, there's no way to know without a black box like a Flytrex or a copy of the .DAT file.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31