Jetstar - flying with batteries

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm wanting to go on a flight soon from Australia to New Zealand taking one phantom 3 S battery. I have a LiPo bag to carry it with.
Are P3 batteries permitted on Jetstar flights?
Thanks, Nick :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi all,
I'm wanting to go on a flight soon from Australia to New Zealand taking one phantom 3 S battery. I have a LiPo bag to carry it with.
Are P3 batteries permitted on Jetstar flights?
Here's what you'll find if you search Jetstar's website:
If you’re travelling with a device containing lithium batteries, here are some things you need to know:
  • There are no restrictions for batteries under 101Wh (eg found in mobile phones, laptops)
  • All spare batteries must travel as carry-on baggage.
  • Batteries in checked baggage must have the ON/OFF switch protected to prevent accidental activation.
  • Batteries between 101Wh and 160Wh (eg in medical equipment) require airline approval, which you can request by emailing [email protected].
  • Any batteries over 160Wh must be sent by Qantas Freight (except motorised mobility aids, see below).
No-one at the airport or on the plane will know what a Lipo bag is or care whether you have one.
No-one at the airport or on the plane will care what level of charge is in it (that's just a forum myth)
You'll find the capacity of your batteries printed on them.
The short version is you'll have no problem as long as you put the battery in your carry-on luggage.

Never had a problem carrying my batteries or the drone onboard. I printed off the spec sheet from the dji site in case anyone bothered. No one has ever bothered.....

Never had a problem carrying my batteries or the drone onboard. I printed off the spec sheet from the dji site in case anyone bothered. No one has ever bothered.....
Can you link the spec sheet?
Nick

Useful info thanks - one more question if I may, are there any limitations on how many batteries one may carry on a flight (I have 5 for example). Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Useful info thanks - one more question if I may, are there any limitations on how many batteries one may carry on a flight (I have 5 for example).
Jetstar mentioned nothing extra on their website.
I've flown with 5 batteries a number of times without any problem.

Reactions: Loz
You should be fine carrying it in your carry on with them discharged under 50%, the P4 battery is 81.3 Wh

Here is also how you can calculate it yourself

maH x voltage divided by 1000

So 5350 milliamperes hours nx 15.2 volts= 81,320 divided by 1000 = 81.32 Wh

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20