Jetstar - flying with batteries

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm wanting to go on a flight soon from Australia to New Zealand taking one phantom 3 S battery. I have a LiPo bag to carry it with.
Are P3 batteries permitted on Jetstar flights?
Thanks, Nick :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm wanting to go on a flight soon from Australia to New Zealand taking one phantom 3 S battery. I have a LiPo bag to carry it with.
Are P3 batteries permitted on Jetstar flights?
Here's what you'll find if you search Jetstar's website:
If you’re travelling with a device containing lithium batteries, here are some things you need to know:
  • There are no restrictions for batteries under 101Wh (eg found in mobile phones, laptops)
  • All spare batteries must travel as carry-on baggage.
  • Batteries in checked baggage must have the ON/OFF switch protected to prevent accidental activation.
  • Batteries between 101Wh and 160Wh (eg in medical equipment) require airline approval, which you can request by emailing [email protected].
  • Any batteries over 160Wh must be sent by Qantas Freight (except motorised mobility aids, see below).
No-one at the airport or on the plane will know what a Lipo bag is or care whether you have one.
No-one at the airport or on the plane will care what level of charge is in it (that's just a forum myth)
You'll find the capacity of your batteries printed on them.
The short version is you'll have no problem as long as you put the battery in your carry-on luggage.

Reaction score
Never had a problem carrying my batteries or the drone onboard. I printed off the spec sheet from the dji site in case anyone bothered. No one has ever bothered.....

Reaction score
Never had a problem carrying my batteries or the drone onboard. I printed off the spec sheet from the dji site in case anyone bothered. No one has ever bothered.....
Can you link the spec sheet?
Nick

Loz

Reaction score
Useful info thanks - one more question if I may, are there any limitations on how many batteries one may carry on a flight (I have 5 for example). Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Useful info thanks - one more question if I may, are there any limitations on how many batteries one may carry on a flight (I have 5 for example).
Jetstar mentioned nothing extra on their website.
I've flown with 5 batteries a number of times without any problem.

Reactions: Loz
Reaction score
You should be fine carrying it in your carry on with them discharged under 50%, the P4 battery is 81.3 Wh

Here is also how you can calculate it yourself

maH x voltage divided by 1000

So 5350 milliamperes hours nx 15.2 volts= 81,320 divided by 1000 = 81.32 Wh

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishconsin