Jello P3SE

Reaction score
I got my Phantom 3 SE for Christmas. Took it out, it had trace amounts of jello, and slightly more noticeable in descents. Now, the jello makes the footage quite unusable, and very frustrating. I've tried everything I could of thought of. I tried different firmwares, removed the drop pins, changed all the props, dropped the gains to 80, checked that the gimbal arm is fully seated. I really don't want to call DJI, as I've heard tons of horror stories about their customers service. I am at a loss at what to do, help?

Try balancing your props, many times they are the culprit especially if it shows up while braking or descending.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
You can do it with just a balancing rod but would still require you to make a purchase.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Just got my balancer the other day...Checked several of my props on different quads (not all DJI) and none of them had all 4 props perfect. At least 1 of the 4 were out on all 4 of my quads.. Worth the investment... At least get the correct rod and use a balanced drinking glass.

You can eliminate or significantly reduce the Jello effect by using ND filters on the lens. The Jello effect is created when the shutter in the camera has a high value. ND filters lower the shutter speed and the effect disappears. On sunny days I use the ND 16 filter and that's enough. To check if I'm right, start flying on a very cloudy day or during sunset. The effect should disappear or be reduced and after using the filters will disappear completely. Factory propellers that may not be perfectly balanced will not have the same effect on Jello removal as the use of filters.

You can eliminate or significantly reduce the Jello effect by using ND filters on the lens. The Jello effect is created when the shutter in the camera has a high value. ND filters lower the shutter speed and the effect disappears. On sunny days I use the ND 16 filter and that's enough. To check if I'm right, start flying on a very cloudy day or during sunset. The effect should disappear or be reduced and after using the filters will disappear completely. Factory propellers that may not be perfectly balanced will not have the same effect on Jello removal as the use of filters.

Hi,
I’m a beginner in “photography”...can you give me a link ok the filters you are talking about?
Thanks!
Vale

Thank you Zeb Serban.

I’m looking for some kind of “guide” or manual that explains when and what filter I need to use, so everything will be clearer to me.

Polarpro has a filter selection app for both Android and iOS. Were you able to do some test videos in the evening hours? If it's as bad as you say it is I'm worried it's more than just rolling shutter.

I did ND filter tests yesterday. I had a sunny day and I would say that ND 2, 4 are insufficient. On a sunny day, even with the ND8 filter, there was a jello effect. Only the application of ND16 was settled. People buying fitrs should take it seriously. Regards

Last edited:
I did ND filter tests yesterday. I had a sunny day and I would say that ND 2, 4 are insufficient. On a sunny day, even with the ND8 filter, there was a jello effect. Only the application of ND16 was settled. People buying fitrs should take it seriously. Regards

I am pretty sure it is not the ND filter (that causes jitter/flicker), if the props are not good then the drone is not gonna be stable, shaky video and hard to control. It just showed jello on mine after two years of using.I heard people with brand new drones have this issue. I never even heard about this issue before but I think this has something to do with the gimbal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31