Camera shaking/jello

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have had my phantom 3 pro for about 3 months. Its a great aircraft, except for one thing. I had a standard in the past which did not do this. My phantom 3 pro has some severe jello/camera shaking issues, especially in wind, descending, or flying forward. Or actually, if air is flowing forward over the air frame, this shaking/jello will appear. I've balanced props, checked the screw on the gimbal arm, dozens of calibrations and firmware downgrades of every possible thing, different video settings, ND filters, etc. I'm just completely out of ideas on how to fix this. My drone is still under warranty with DJI. The video is completely useless. Help anyone please. It does not shake on the ground or when in a hover. There used to be vibration before the propeller balancing, but now it's much more relaxed. Here's a clip i took when descending, flying forward, into the wind, at 4k. Never crashed, babied it. I am hoping that I do not have to send it into DJI, as I am going on vacation on spring break and want to bring the drone. The video may not appear in 4k because youtube refuses to upload it in any higher than 360p. Oh and also, the drone has some weird yaw characteristics. For example, if I am turning, it will not turn the same amount throughout the entire 360 degrees, regardless of stick position. Like if its facing one way, it turns rather slowly, but if it's facing the opposite side, it turns rather quickly, and often keeps drifting regardless if you let go of the stick or not. Changing the expo, or yaw gains also do nothing to solve this. And often, when flying foward, the drone will randomly start slightly turning in one direction, and I have to fight it manually, making it impossible to get good panning shots.

Last edited:
A couple of things to try, first off I know you said you balanced your props but jello this bad is usually due to vibrations from unbalanced props. Also check to make sure all your motors are tight. Make sure there are only 2 retaining clips on the vibration isolators (not 4). Is there any visible shake on the gimbal while siting still? Does it do this at any angle the gimbal is tilted?

All motors are tight. No cracks/excessive wear on the body. I've tried the gimbal with 4,3,2, and no retaining clips on, and it hasn't changed anything. There is no gimbal vibration/shakiness when sitting still, only in the air, regardless of angle on gimbal. While flying, it does do this at any angle, harder to notice when pointing down though. Doesn't occur at low speed or hovering, only at medium to high speeds.

Have you tried swapping out props? Is there visible shake of the aircraft when hovering?

Have you tried swapping out props? Is there visible shake of the aircraft when hovering?
There is shake if I set my gains at 100 or above. I did swap my props out for the spares included, but with same effect. I even tried swapping each individual propeller out in hopes that it was just one bad prop, but this is not the case. I was considering purchasing the carbon fiber reinforced props and balancing them so see if that made a difference, but I really feel like it won't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl