It fell in salt water...

I just bought a new P4P. I'll have it Wednesday. I'm kind of curious to see if this one works. I believe I heard it power up when I was at the shop. I wondering if I might damage a battery if I insert it into the bird?

Reactions: Neon Euc
I just bought a new P4P. I'll have it Wednesday. I'm kind of curious to see if this one works. I believe I heard it power up when I was at the shop. I wondering if I might damage a battery if I insert it into the bird?
Read, study posts, get educated before you do anything.

Read, study posts, get educated before you do anything.

I've searched but haven't found an answer to the battery question. Wondering if the corrosion will get on the battery terminals then damage them. Don't want to waste another battery.

RIP for your Drone!. 100% shure that your bird, when it fell back into the salt water, and was upside down about a foot of water for 20 seconds, it died 18.5 sec. later!. RIP forever.

Sorry about that accident MassGuy , are you willing to part out your AC ( if you decide to replace it ) i need a couple of cosmetic parts (Only if you are willing to do so ) .

I’ll let you know if I decide to part it out. I’ll have to buy tools to do that. Don’t have anything to take those little screws out. Maybe I’ll keep the controller incase I want to send it out to be modified.

Reactions: Onemanshow
Does anyone have 2 landing gear leg piece that snaps in for the cover for the screws and wiring at the top of the leg of a P4P? Right side... Can not just order the pieces you have to order new landing gear.

Does anyone have 2 landing gear leg piece that snaps in for the cover for the screws and wiring at the top of the leg of a P4P? Right side... Can not just order the pieces you have to order new landing gear.

I need that piece also. So crazy that DJI doesn't sell it seperately, as they seem to fall out on their own.

I need that piece also. So crazy that DJI doesn't sell it seperately, as they seem to fall out on their own.
Yep, same here. If I locate them will let you know. I cut a short piece of white rubber tubing and it work for now to cover them. Since the update has your camera gimbal been a little off center? Mine has. And there is a weird noise if you try doing a gimbal calibration on the camera. The process stops updating at 50% and a wining from the gimbal starts. You tap the gimbal and it stops for a moment. It sounds to be binding up.

This is where hand catching is invaluable.

I thought about hand catching it at one point. It was right there. I just could have reached out. But, I've never done that before.
There are videos out there on it if you are visual. It's not hard once you practice and are just careful and focused. Let it hover slightly above your head so you are reaching up and not near the props. Grab a leg with your right hand then immediately push the throttle (left stick) all the way down to shut the motors. Do not try to move the craft once you grab it. If you try to move the craft it will fight you.

There are videos out there on it if you are visual. It's not hard once you practice and are just careful and focused. Let it hover slightly above your head so you are reaching up and not near the props. Grab a leg with your right hand then immediately push the throttle (left stick) all the way down to shut the motors. Do not try to move the craft once you grab it. If you try to move the craft it will fight you.

I'm glad you said that. It should be obvious but for a person who has never done it, I didn't even think of that. I went over it in my head and my first thoughts were to grab it, bring it down then try to turn off the motors with my free hand.

Yep, same here. If I locate them will let you know. I cut a short piece of white rubber tubing and it work for now to cover them. Since the update has your camera gimbal been a little off center? Mine has. And there is a weird noise if you try doing a gimbal calibration on the camera. The process stops updating at 50% and a wining from the gimbal starts. You tap the gimbal and it stops for a moment. It sounds to be binding up.
I have not updated and don't plan to. Please let me know if you source that part

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94