issue with image/video flipping

Reaction score
It's happened a few times now and it's a little worrisome. I'll place the camera facing down and while looking at my controller to move my drone into position before taking a picture, the image will flip. It's even happened while the camera was facing forward. The image flipped/turned upside down. Any ideas? I've checked the firmware and it says it's up to date.

Does just the picture flip, or is it the whole screen? If it's the whole screen, it might be your display device doing it if you lean it past horizontal. If so, turn off auto screen rotation.

it's not the whole screen. Everything on the screen is in the right place, it's just the image/video that is flipped upside down. Normally if I hit the C1 button it will fix the issue, but that does not always fix the issue.

I have been experiencing same issue on my P4P since the latest firmware upgrade also. Let me know if you find a solution. Thanks

According to others Dji confirmed this is a bug in the update. :(

My issue is similar - to recapture: I fly a P4P+. Since updating the software to the latest version at the end of December 2017, if the camera is pointed directly down, and then I move the drone into position for the photo, two things happen simultaneously: 1) the orientation of the drone controls flips 180 degrees, and 2) the picture on the controller screen flips 180 degrees. It's very wild.

DJI is apparently aware of this issue. It looks like they have a beta firmware release that might resolve it. See more details in this thread.

Same here.

It is really freaking annoying...

By the way, why did I ugrade ?
I was accompagying a friend of mine who was about to get back his Mavic after repair. We went on a flight near the DJI shop and my drone at 60m I received an alert: you are limited to 50m of altitude and 30m of distance please fly with cautions inside these limits. WTF ?
Anyway, seconds after, it landed and I had absolutely no way to cancel it. Hopefully there were no obstacles.
Being close to DJI, I went to see them and their answer was: UPGRADE ! Ok, they kindly did it for me and since then, many issues:
1- The flip...
2- Orange tinted pics after the flip.
3- Too many disconnections... In open areas where I already flew, these were surprising and rather freaking... "Aircraft disconnected" and no way to reconnect the APP... Only solution is to initiate an RTH.
4- Yesterday, flying back the drone, the APP became suddenly red and green, choppy, impossible to see anything. Kind of scary to bring back safely the drone...

My only comment: FIX THE F.... FW !! TEST IT before issuing !
All this to give us PANO mode ? And look at that mode ! Nothing to compare with Litchi's one. No options, not possible to change number of pictures...
In any case, I am going back to Litchi and downgrading to the previous fw.

Why in the world is it taking DJI so long to fix this issue? Everyone I know with a Phantom 4 Pro is experiencing this issue, myself included. It even occurs in Litchi.

Happened for me for the first time now. Let me just say flying fpv with a upside down picture is really confusing :rolleyes:

I downgraded the p4p firmware last night -- tired of waiting on DJI and I don't trust their Beta firmware.

Reactions: why

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4