Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

Did the update on controller and bird. Did do some whobling but after calibrating everything seems fine. New features are cool and seem to work okay. I'm glad I did it

I'm sick to death of DJI and their stinking updates. In Canada we are restricted to 90 meters in altitude and 500 meters downrange. Not that I would, but now I cannot fly higher than 90 meters, or farther than 500 meters from the controller. Why is China enforcing other countries laws? I've purchased my last DJI product.

I bought a product based on what it could do and now it has been castrated after I paid my money. THIS IS WRONG!! As far as I'm concerned they can shove their drones right where the sun don't shine.

I'm also in Canada and I "could" still fly higher and farther than that after the update, just the same as before if it weren't illegal.

Reactions: ekiser
I'm sick to death of DJI and their stinking updates. In Canada we are restricted to 90 meters in altitude and 500 meters downrange. Not that I would, but now I cannot fly higher than 90 meters, or farther than 500 meters from the controller. Why is China enforcing other countries laws? I've purchased my last DJI product.

I bought a product based on what it could do and now it has been castrated after I paid my money. THIS IS WRONG!! As far as I'm concerned they can shove their drones right where the sun don't shine.

... or you could go check the settings in the app and change them to what you want them to be...

It is possible that the defaults conform to your local laws, but they are not locked down...

Also make sure you are running the current version of the app with the current firmware and that you have logged into your DJI account or you'll find the limits are a lot smaller than 90m and 500m ...

So I'm not in Canada but upstate NY, finger lakes region. I was able to reset my settings to where I wanted them. I have flown both at my house and business. My business is 12 miles or so away from an airport, no problems, yet, and hopefully none at all. I like it that way.

I had video feed issues even when I first bought my P4. I went from "manual to custom" in channel selection and picked a channel myself. Never had a problem after that.
Hi SteveZeb,
I'll give that a try next time out , maybe today? Thanks for the input
SteveP55

... or you could go check the settings in the app and change them to what you want them to be...

It is possible that the defaults conform to your local laws, but they are not locked down...

Also make sure you are running the current version of the app with the current firmware and that you have logged into your DJI account or you'll find the limits are a lot smaller than 90m and 500m ...

For what it's worth it defaults to 120m max altitude (90m is recommend here), and no distance restrictions. This pic is at 1.8 km and I flew there at 120m altitude the day after the update, in Canada.
Tugboat.jpg

I have tried everything on this forum as well as the DJI forum. Im tired of trying fixes. I want to roll back and have no option to do so. Every time i try a fix and attempt to fly i come closer to crashing.
Just cant try anything else until DJI comes up with a fix. Even that will be terrifying.
Over $2k tied up and cant fly.

I have tried everything on this forum as well as the DJI forum. Im tired of trying fixes. I want to roll back and have no option to do so. Every time i try a fix and attempt to fly i come closer to crashing.
Just cant try anything else until DJI comes up with a fix. Even that will be terrifying.
Over $2k tied up and cant fly.

I feel you bro, I was looking at the cardboard packing box for mine dreading sending it in before formatting my card fixed it.

I can't get my vision calibration to work, tried 3 different screens and the all detect wrong then show nothing when I do the manually entered second try. I took it up in the front yard and tested the OA and VPS before a short burn around my territory last night, seemed to work fine.

Manufactured: 01/16
Update: Success
Update: Sequence RC/AC
Method: App for RC, Assistant SW for AC

Manufactured: 04/16
Update: Success
Update: Sequence RC/AC
Method: App for RC, Assistant SW for AC
Result: All the issues on board

Can everyone decode their serials on DJI Serial Number Decoder and post:

[Manufactured: DATE MM/YY]
[Update: Success or Fail]
[Update: Sequence RC/AC or AC/RC]
[Method: Assistant SW or GoApp]

Trying to find link between the 2.
Might have been better to start this as a new post with a more appropriate subject line. Thinking you might get more people to see it as a request for info.

I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?
I just updated drone and remote using DJI go 4 . Drone flys fine, although can no longer override height restriction. Which I did enjoy when out in desert with no air traffic around. Alls well with my P-4

Hi Guy's,
Here is my Decoded P4 Serial: Your Phantom 4 (07DJE1G0C10613) was manufactured on Monday, January, 16th 2017, RC and the Drone upgraded firmware was successful.
Mine seems to fly ok after the latest firmware update, but on the new DJI Go 4 app it seems hard to find the set the compass area ,but still has video Feed cut out problems, I have not ran it through all the features, I have used course Lock, and Home lock also and they worked as they should. But it does seem a little jumpy on the controls.

I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?
As noted in my earlier post, firmware update can go very badly if NOT DONE WITH CALIBRATION AND CONTROLLER UPDATE! Kudos to Micky. Pix4D working 100% now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers