Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

Well, slap me silly! I tried to upgrade the firmware of the RC by using the "3 bars" button on the first screen with the "5 second long touch" to open the upgrade Screen and there the latest Version is 1.8. I't is only after i press the "Enter Device / Start Flight" screen and then on the warning in "Overall Status" that it showed the download option and downloaded V1.9.2 and now it is connecting. I'll do my test flight tomorrow and report my findings. Oh, also did the upgrade without the SD card as some has suggested here. Will see how it goes. Thanks!

So, I did the weird new IMU Calibration and calibrated the Gimbal and I could not get the Horizon level on my kitchen counter. Took it for a flight, and it seemed to level itself out good with zero roll adjustment.
I have noticed what some people mentioned:

1. Unstable hovering. It also Iooks like I fell victim to this, until I have set it to "ATTI" mode and watched the drone drifted away from me level and steady at a speed of 16KM/H (10mph). I did not realize until then the moderate and choppy breeze. But yes, it does seems a bit skittish. Will test on a windless day again.

2. High wind velocity warning. I was about 400metres(1200ft) out at 30metres(100ft) in the air when I got the warning. Again, switched to "ATTI" mode and so it reaching a speed of over 25km/h (15mph). Again, one does not realize what the wind speed is up there.

The other possible issue I can report is degraded live video feed quality.Resolution seems lower than normal. Will do some more testing.

I did the update and lost live video. DJI wanted me to send back to them to get lost in their void of repairs. They did say they would pay for shipping. Found a way to downgrade the firmware to older version and all works well again.

That will happen if you don't update the controller first as per the firmware update notes...

I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?
After updating the aircraft and controller, I had to manually input my orginal settings. All is working great.

Day #9. Unable to fly because of firmware update. Still nothing from dji. No capability to simply roll back aircraft firmware my Dji Assist2.

Day #9. Unable to fly because of firmware update. Still nothing from dji. No capability to simply roll back aircraft firmware my Dji Assist2.
I noticed that also. I'm surprised there is no previous versions listed. Kind of scary.

Reactions: Micky
I updated my firmware for my P4 yesterday, took it out for a fly, I had some of the same problems flight kind of jerky and my video feed kept disappearing then return over and over again, What a nightmare, I hope they figure this out, they change some things and at the same time screw other things up. Is there a way to revert back to the last firmware? when I used DJI Assistant 2 for the P4 update it didn't show any other firmware which I guess means you can't set it back? I calibrated the IMU and the compass and the gimbal made no difference. The video feed is really bad. I'm very disappointed at the very least.

I had video feed issues even when I first bought my P4. I went from "manual to custom" in channel selection and picked a channel myself. Never had a problem after that.

If you updated everything, then I am at a loss. I remember when I first updated the aircraft, the led on the controller was not solid green. I had to restart everything several times before I got an "update the controller" message through DJI GO 4 app. After that, I had to update all my settings in the DJI GO 4 app to clear up the video issues.

The problem is the following, is happening to many people, uncontrolled camera with cuts in the video and signal loss. Everything from the latest firmware.

I did the update and lost live video. DJI wanted me to send back to them to get lost in their void of repairs. They did say they would pay for shipping. Found a way to downgrade the firmware to older version and all works well again.

How did you downgrade? This option was removed recently.

I had video feed issues even when I first bought my P4. I went from "manual to custom" in channel selection and picked a channel myself. Never had a problem after that.

Ini mini mini mo when selecting? So you just picked a channel that was clear?

Any one notice that after update sports mode is not so sporty anymore?and secondly , when I was flying with the wind in sports mode I was able to fly faster (max about 60mph) now it feels locked?

Still seemed about the same to me.

You have to re-enable 'multiple flight modes' in order to actually get into sport mode after the update, but it didn't seem any slower.

My biggest complaint after the update is the video rebooting on the AC while in flight, today I was flying and trying to record some vid and it would reset/reboot every 15 seconds, the longest I've been able to get it to record without interruption was 7 minutes, most of the time it's between 2:30 and 3 minutes.

I too get the wind warnings now and then when the bird is in completely calm air, hovering.

I do like the new modes, and the non sport mode increase in speed (up to 26mph where it was 19 to 20 max). I like the lower pre take off and post landing rotor speeds as it produces less noise. Don't get much wobbling jitters in the air after the first few flights.
I think I have noticed that the batteries run down a little faster if its reporting high wind warnings, could be the bird is fighting itself to stay stable running the batteries down a little faster.

My main reason to get this quad was to shoot pics and video and right now it's pretty much a hit and miss venture every time I put it in the air.

Can't wait till the patch comes available.

I'm sick to death of DJI and their stinking updates. In Canada we are restricted to 90 meters in altitude and 500 meters downrange. Not that I would, but now I cannot fly higher than 90 meters, or farther than 500 meters from the controller. Why is China enforcing other countries laws? I've purchased my last DJI product.

I bought a product based on what it could do and now it has been castrated after I paid my money. THIS IS WRONG!! As far as I'm concerned they can shove their drones right where the sun don't shine.

Is anyone having trouble using the intelligent flight modes such as Tap Fly and Follow me. Ever since the upgrade I cannot get those to work.

Thoughts??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl