Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

DJI needs to get it together and do something, surely they have some engineers that work there? A rollback is what I want, I have not been able to fly this month.

OK. I followed the DJI hotfix procedure (repeat all the updating, calibrations and test flight without card, then insert and fly) and my P4 looks way more stable. It shakes only during landing, when GPS and VPS start working together. More test flights to follow.

OK. I followed the DJI hotfix procedure (repeat all the updating, calibrations and test flight without card, then insert and fly) and my P4 looks way more stable. It shakes only during landing, when GPS and VPS start working together. More test flights to follow.
Is that wobble by chance occurring at around 75-100' during auto landing like I've noticed?

Thanks for the confirmation, probably more than just us noticing this then. Be stormy around here for a few days, but the next break in the weather I'll do a few more auto lands and look at the telemetry data to see if the descent speed is higher around this transition altitude. If it is, it could be propwash turbulence, if it isn't, for all I know it might be the VPS system looking back and forth a bit as it descends. I've researched the hardware a bit and found it to be a "Myriad 2" visual processing unit (same in all the P4s). If you're curious, here's a link. Vision Processing Unit | Machine Vision Technology | Movidius

Thanks for the confirmation, probably more than just us noticing this then. Be stormy around here for a few days, but the next break in the weather I'll do a few more auto lands and look at the telemetry data to see if the descent speed is higher around this transition altitude. If it is, it could be propwash turbulence, if it isn't, for all I know it might be the VPS system looking back and forth a bit as it descends. I've researched the hardware a bit and found it to be a "Myriad 2" visual processing unit (same in all the P4s). If you're curious, here's a link. Vision Processing Unit | Machine Vision Technology | Movidius
Anyway, my P4 was stable using previous versions of firmware. DJI's hotfix helped, but didn't solve the problem. I'm afraid the machine starts to be too intelligent and thus neurotic. ;-)

Update, tried free tf, tried the rth p/landing and bang on, ive never pressed rth button in 3 yrs, it works!

After the DJI disaster with the latest P4 firmware, in addition to making a new one to correct the multiple mistakes it has made, we could "give away" as a compensation the upload bitrate of the videos and pass in 4k at 30fps 60mb / s. At 80mb / s., And do something really valid and useful.

Guys this thread is supposed to be where people report success with the update. There are plenty of other threads addressing the problems.

I just discovered there is anew DJI Go App for android out today. But not a thing about any fix to the AC firmware. I guess they've been busy with the Go App. That's just what I don't need!

Plug the bird into the assistant and see if theirs an update, did with me but same version but with a fix, i think dji have added one.
And then was when you did a downgrade with the firmware, as you say in another thread...........come on, no new fixed version in the assistant, indeed I think you have as many issues as everybody else. I hope nobody had updated due to your posts

DJI or anyone isn't going to fool me. I'll even wait a little past the initial "new fw" is out announcement is issued before I update. I can understand others who are in worse situations than me I.e with bricked drones (due to last update) might take the leap of faith.

Reactions: Pareja IV
And then was when you did a downgrade with the firmware, as you say in another thread...........come on, no new fixed version in the assistant, indeed I think you have as many issues as everybody else. I hope nobody had updated due to your posts

Hey I'm actually back on my original fw so yeah it does fix the issues, and it does work and sorry my post is one of hundreds, I've passed on things ive found out and i updated myself, you know did the actual work myself, it was a wrong decision but now because of some top guy all owners who couldn't fly should now be able to fly again.

Oh and many ppl upgraded without issue, the latest fw isnt bad for everyone just remember that [emoji1303]

Upgraded yesterday and did testing of every function. My bird hovers significantly better than it did since i bought it, all new features work like they should (except gesture - never tried it, I'm not a selfie kinda fella)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1