Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

Mine went fine. Horizon tilt fixed and new functions are all working.Flight was a bit more sensitive but that was handled with some sensitivity adjustments. Only issue I'm noticing is high wind warning all the time, even in calm wind.
When you calibrate the IMU with the new procedure, I'm guessing the table surface needs to be completely level? Also, my high wind warnings went away after I deleted the GO 4 app and reinstalled.

When you calibrate the IMU with the new procedure, I'm guessing the table surface needs to be completely level? Also, my high wind warnings went away after I deleted the GO 4 app and reinstalled.
Yes, a level surface (both axis) because the Phantom uses this as it's artificial horizon reference. I believe the added steps are to compensate for any possible non-linearity between other orientations and the main reference. My high wind warnings have also gone too, although I didn't do a re-install of the GO 4 app.

I had the opportunity to fly three batteries yesterday, far from home, with all new updates (App, remote controller and bird) made.
The much frequent lost of signal (green or black portions of screen) live video transmission problems I had since last update have almost dissapeared.
Stability after take off and hovering at low altitude is equal or better than before. No problems with gimball.
Ambient temperature was 32 to 35 degrees Celsius, and wind rising from 15 to 25 or even more km per hour along the afternoon. No time to test new automatic flight modes because I had to perform several photogrammetry flights. I used DJI GS Pro to take 215 cenital photos taken every two seconds at 60m altitude over a terrain of 9,000 square meters. The automatic flight was done flawlessly! I tested new 3D POI mode (another 200+ photos) wirh the intention to make a 3D model of a large tree and at different altitudes ( from 30 down to 3 meters), and flight was also very good. I noticed that due to the very strong wind orbits were not perfectly circular, but much much better that manually flown.
The only remark after all flights is that DJI Ground Station Pro does not save the altitude and distance limits, and stubbornly notified an error message telling that programmned flight was out of limits. After trying several options and change flight settings and distances, the aircraft continued to deny "start fly". I found that this happened because GS Pro app did not maintain the GO 4 settings. Beginner mode (only short distance flights available) appeared everytime I started a new flight. I had to close GS app, open DJIGo4 app, disable beginner mode, close Go4App, open GS app and: voilá: everything OK.

Can everyone decode their serials on DJI Serial Number Decoder and post:

[Manufactured: DATE MM/YY]
[Update: Success or Fail]
[Update: Sequence RC/AC or AC/RC]
[Method: Assistant SW or GoApp]

Trying to find link between the 2.
M 10/16
up-date successful
up-date sequence RC then AC
method dji go 4
problems yes
RTH is no working correctly . though the bird comes home it does so at what ever alt it was flying at the time , not going to it's preset alt .
herky jerky movements now , even when sensitivity is set to lowest setting it's still not as good as before the update
video feed is now poor where before i could go 6400' in my area before having slight problems now it's maybe 1000'.
over all not happy with the up-date and not one feature that's been added makes it worth the issues now . wish they had done nothing . this did not ,make for better fly experiences but worse

I am updating mine after a massive boosts in positive results, I updated as follows

RC first via app (turn ac OFF) make sure you restart the RC when updated.
Once updated connect the AC to DJI assistant software leaving the RC ON, i removed be SD card
Following the update via the laptop i waited till it completed.
When finished i went straight to calibration on the software (laptop) and followed the on screen instructions. Once completed it told me to restart the AC, i then did an IMU then compass.

Done

I got that IMU ERROR - Calibrate IMU before each flight and have calibrated and got a check that calibration is complete, have flown 1200ft and everything looks ok

I got that IMU ERROR - Calibrate IMU before each flight and have calibrated and got a check that calibration is complete, have flown 1200ft and everything looks ok

Did you do the calibration in the assistant where you scan your screen with the p4?

Issues with IMU calibration after upgrade for 2 drones. Apparently loses sync with controller on 2nd stage. After 10 minutes of waiting, we reboot the drones and all is well, but the app never follows the procedure. Identical issue on 2 drones.

Reactions: SCGENE
I still have odd gimbal behavior after the update. Prior, I would see the tilted horizon problem if I turned at speeds higher than a snail's pace. It was very consistent . . . turn fast, off-level gimbal. After a turn, the gimbal would swing wildly, but it would find level after a few seconds.

Post-update, the tilted horizon problem isn't as severe in terms of angle and gyrations to correct - however, when the gimbal goes off-level in a turn, it now frequently gets "stuck" 5-10 degrees off level. I've done every calibration several times, both "cold" and "hot".

Hovering didn't seem quite as stable and general flight seemed a tad herky-jerky at times, but not bad. It just didn't "feel quite right". It was a tad windy out when I was flying though, so no conclusions yet.
Took mine up to 200 feet today. Gimbal suddenly locked up with camera at max high angle. Immediately landed and power cycled. Problem did not repeat but scared the crap out of me.

completed the assistant calibration and will do another imu/compass tomorrow afternoon after work, 4am is coming very soon but only 4 more months to work, never had any of these problems with P3A and the P4 which is a year old, thanks for help my friends

Can anyone tell me why my vision calibration detects the wrong screen size? I use Walmart RCA TVs for computer monitors and I've tried a 28", 32", and a 46" with the same results. It gives me the option to set the size manually and try again but I get no dots, vision camera feed, or feed back like "move aircraft closer to screen" on my screen the second try?

Can anyone tell me why my vision calibration detects the wrong screen size? I use Walmart RCA TVs for computer monitors and I've tried a 28", 32", and a 46" with the same results. It gives me the option to set the size manually and try again but I get no dots, vision camera feed, or feed back like "move aircraft closer to screen" on my screen the second try?
I had the same problem. After trying everything like you I decided to do it with a laptop with 15.4 inch monitor, and it works perfect there. I don't understand the screen size issue like you, but at least this way I could calibrate my Phantom VPS.

Reactions: BCBasher
I had the same problem. After trying everything like you I decided to do it with a laptop with 15.4 inch monitor, and it works perfect there. I don't understand the screen size issue like you, but at least this way I could calibrate my Phantom VPS.

Mine are the el cheapo RCA 720 TVs so I guess I get what you pay for, they go nice with the broken hand me down laptops running them.

I think one of them has a working screen, I'll try that.

13 days unflyable and no option to roll back with my DJI assistant2. DJI folks requested I do all the upgrade, calibration again.
Guess what, same results, then they just defaulted to , well you need to send your P4 in for repair. Doesn't matter that it was flying just fine with the previous version of FW.

If you have your laptop hooked up to a tv then it'll know, need to scan the laptop screen instead

The 32" the first one I tried is set up with the TV as it's main/only display, it knows it's an LCD TV that's my everyday computer, the screen has no back light and is disabled. I have a free with your expensive cable package HP that I'll try when I get a minute. I checked anything that requires the vision systems in my front yard and they all seem to work even with failed calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20