Is your P4 firmware update GOOD? Post here please!

Reaction score
I'm looking to update my P4 but rather intimidated by all the threads about many problems people have had.

Maybe it would be good to get a better balance (or perhaps not), by posting a quick note here if your update has been sucessfull?

try channel change
Let me know if changing channel should improve communication between drone and controller (better control) or drone and app (better video transmission).

All good, but need a few more test flights,not sure yet, but I think the horizon problem might have gone.
The lower prop speed at rest on the ground is good, I used the autoland feature for the first time it was very good, but I normally hand catch.
I am getting warnings about being in a restricted area which I never used to get, and the area in question is miles from any restrictions. The RAF do often fly over the entire area at low levels, usually in the Lake district, but sometimes venture out over the coast, and I suppose you could land a microlight on the sands. I just accept the warning and carry on. I have flown a hundred times in this area before. I only get the warnings if I use the extended flight modes, tripod etc. Tripod is very good.
In the lake district (I do not fly here), you can often see the fighter pilots below you hugging the contours of the valley, and very close, they are next to you before you have time to realise, very exciting.

Reactions: MarPir and nkaslly
Very unstable. Bucks and wobbles every now and then for no apparent reason. New features work well but the unstable flights made it a totally unsatisfactory update for me.

Reactions: Robertas Ra
Yesterday I had my first flight after updating an callibrating everything; when flying fowards and backwards and I slow down slighty the speed (a very soft right stick release) it jerks a lot, and the gimbal is unable to handle with it, so the video footage wobbles. Today I have done a new test. Yesterday I recalibrated the whole system and today the Compass before the flight. I have lowed brake sensitivity to the minimum (70) and attitude to 50. I have reduced the pitch gain to 85 and I have been making modifications. My impressions:
1.-The Hover is very stable, more than before the update.
2.-It seems that the problem of the horizon has improved a lot, it do not tilt with the turns. Anyway I have to test it to the sea shore to confirm it, with a completely flat horizon.
3.-Flight modes work fine, but I'm not much fan of automatic modes, so I have not tried much.
4.-The problems of aggressive braking are maintained despite of the multiple variations of the gain, sensitivity and exponential parameters. There do not seem to be significant differences between some parameters and others, as if it did not change anything at all. In fact the braking distance seems the same with the sensitivity at 100, at 85 and at 70.
5.-It seems that the stability of the gimbal has improved slightly compared to yesterday, the image no longer vibrates so much in braking (it is also true that there was no wind at all today). But just when accelerating you see for an instant the propellers (it was not in sport mode) and when braking you see the propellers and even the tip of the front arms, at speeds of less than 10 m / sec, even at 6 m / s before braking !!!!!!!.
6.-No problems with video streaming, but did not move more than 500 m.
7.- I get 2 flying time minutes less per battery

Sorry for my English. Not a good update for me. I liked the smooth response to orders my bird had before

Reactions: Robertas Ra
Did the update last Saturday. I updated both the controller and the P4 through Dji Go 4. I did no calibration and had a 5 flights strait after the update. No issues to report, I only had to reset some settings that changed because of the update...

Reactions: MarPir and DCATALO
I still have odd gimbal behavior after the update. Prior, I would see the tilted horizon problem if I turned at speeds higher than a snail's pace. It was very consistent . . . turn fast, off-level gimbal. After a turn, the gimbal would swing wildly, but it would find level after a few seconds.

Post-update, the tilted horizon problem isn't as severe in terms of angle and gyrations to correct - however, when the gimbal goes off-level in a turn, it now frequently gets "stuck" 5-10 degrees off level. I've done every calibration several times, both "cold" and "hot".

Hovering didn't seem quite as stable and general flight seemed a tad herky-jerky at times, but not bad. It just didn't "feel quite right". It was a tad windy out when I was flying though, so no conclusions yet.

Following update, it flys but essentially no video feed. DJI has assigned my problem a number; waiting for help or the ability to revert to the last version of firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4