Is this the reason they are falling out of the sky???

Mind me asking when did u send it in and about how long it took total to get your p3 back ?
I sent it in this last Tuesday, they registered it
I had the same thing happen to me.. I sent in my p3p to DJI for repairs and received a status update stating my repairs are "free of charge". DJI didn't even require flight logs. I have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with their service so far..
I haven't received it back from DJI yet. DJI received my package on Wednesday, registered it Thursday and quoted me 0$ yesterday(fri). I expect my drone back in a month or so.. The weather is crap so I'm in no big hurry

I sent it in this last Tuesday, they registered it

I haven't received it back from DJI yet. DJI received my package on Wednesday, registered it Thursday and quoted me 0$ yesterday(fri). I expect my drone back in a month or so.. The weather is crap so I'm in no big hurry
Interesting mine was sent to Dji 12/28. They checked it in 1/4. Next day it wet from being checked in (skipped the Assessment and quitation part) now says payment confirmed (although never submitted payment ) and waiting for quotes or repair estimates . Next step is SHIPPED BACK TO ME just wondering how long or when

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 311
Interesting mine was sent to Dji 12/28. They checked it in 1/4. Next day it wet from being checked in (skipped the Assessment and quitation part) now says payment confirmed (although never submitted payment ) and waiting for quotes or repair estimates . Next step is SHIPPED BACK TO ME just wondering how long or when
And never was told if they was going to cover under warranty but I guess payment confirmed means that they are ?

I hope we aren't without them for long.. And I'd assume "payment confirmed" is the same as "free of charge" Idk

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hope we aren't without them for long.. And I'd assume "payment confirmed" is the same as "free of charge" Idk

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know right. ! Just hope it isn't the 8 wk return time I was told before I sent my unit in . Funny how they say they are understaffed and swamped at the repair facility. Then how in the hell are u not operating on nights and weekends ? I know if I had to get a bunch of wok out my employer would be on my d@&" about working longer hours and or working nights / weekends or starting a shift to help with the workload . Others with the same situation as us have claimed 3 wk return time hopefully we fall in that category . So much conflicting info it's not even funny

This is not the thread to debate efficiency of old vs. new motors. There are plenty of threads on that topic already. Furthermore, let's end the random speculation as it is seeding rumors that are simply false. Random guessing is not furthering the cause. If someone wants to step in with empirical evidence of issues with the old motors, feel free.

So far, there is absolutely zero evidence linking the old motors to any of these issues.

I could be crazy or grasping at straws but with all these P3's falling out of the sky I have been trying to figure out what the common denominator is.

So far something I seem to have noticed is that the ones failing midair with no explanation have the older motor style? Which means they have the older ESC centre board. Is there maybe an issue with the original centre board or motors, that prompted DJI to make the revision to the 2312a motors and v2 centre board, that is causing these machines to commit suicide ?? If this is the case maybe it will help expedite the warranty / replacement process ?

Please give me your experience if you have had an unexplained crash.

6107eeac838211e0064543da3dca5338.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Try inexperienced pilots and CSC.

I am getting into this pretty late in the game; but did anyone notice that LamboH's battery overheated by 4 degrees Centigrade and that in his last minutes he was climbing at max velocity? Seems to me he was putting a big strain on the battery when the bird quit and came down. He does admit that he wasn't monitoring the fast assent as he climbed above 400' (not that the altitude is an issue, but getting there that fast could be). This seems to be the very scenario 1.6 FW is supposed to help curb isn't it? Or have I missed something else?

Reactions: SkyBot-1
The over 400 ft thing was carelessness on my part. It was ascending in one spot and not paying attention how far up I actually was. But the majority of the path was at 130-160 ft until the last few minutes hovering 15-20 ft in my backyard. still no clue as to why it fell out the sky
just received my p3a back from Holland dji
it was repaired under warranty when it fell out the sky 20ft up, all power seemed to be lost as it began to fall. Temp was 10c.
on Nov 14th in Scotland . I have old style motors (I prefer them). they look and feel more substantial than the new ones .
Top shell replaced legs and gimble parts replaced, camera was separated so it was replaced, as was the battery. the report said it was leaking, but there was no evidence of this when I checked it.
in fact I flew it twice right after it crashed for a total of approx 6 mins
with no problems. Two flight logs were created for those flights all be it, without the camera working.
This proved to me that it was a firmware problem and not the battery. It would seam that the firmware had shut down the power from the battery thinking it was low on power.
Dji at first suggested that the battery was low on power when It was input,
it read 68% when I first put it in, and after flying it after the crash,it read 43% after the 2nd flight.
I supplied these logs to Dji and they changed their minds , repairing it under warranty.
I must say that nearly 8 weeks is a rediculous length of time to repair it, and they should increase the warranty period, as they don't have enough people employed to fix these things. The trade dept should look into this as it is unacceptable.

just received my p3a back from Holland dji
it was repaired under warranty when it fell out the sky 20ft up, all power seemed to be lost as it began to fall. Temp was 10c.
on Nov 14th in Scotland . I have old style motors (I prefer them). they look and feel more substantial than the new ones .
Top shell replaced legs and gimble parts replaced, camera was separated so it was replaced, as was the battery. the report said it was leaking, but there was no evidence of this when I checked it.
in fact I flew it twice right after it crashed for a total of approx 6 mins
with no problems. Two flight logs were created for those flights all be it, without the camera working.
This proved to me that it was a firmware problem and not the battery. It would seam that the firmware had shut down the power from the battery thinking it was low on power.
Dji at first suggested that the battery was low on power when It was input,
it read 68% when I first put it in, and after flying it after the crash,it read 43% after the 2nd flight.
I supplied these logs to Dji and they changed their minds , repairing it under warranty.
I must say that nearly 8 weeks is a rediculous length of time to repair it, and they should increase the warranty period, as they don't have enough people employed to fix these things. The trade dept should look into this as it is unacceptable.

Surprisingly mines come back this Friday. Making 25/26 days door to door .( even tho when I called they told me 8 wk return time ) anyhow I started with 98% charge flew for 13 min and then mine cut out at 15 ft with 42% left on battery . Still no explanation as to what was fixed and it why it was fixed. Just happy to get my bird back much props to Dji for taking care of this catastrophic problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20