Is this even safe to fly

Reaction score
I saw these cracks under Motors and im not sure if i should ignore IT. Its only on 2 Motors

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 349
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    591.8 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 363
The thing you really need to worry about is whether or not the plastic posts that the motor screws thread into are damaged/cracked. I've seen people report the motors falling out of the arms mid-flight.

To answer your question, I would not fly a Phantom in that condition. Either replace the shell yourself or send it in to be repaired somewhere. You can find some repair shops here.

Reactions: AuldGimpy
What abaut these aluminium metal parts that you put on the screws to prevent them from cracking. Or resin or glue XD. Epoxy etc

Last edited:
What abaut the repairment. How much IT can cost? I know that you have to wait around 8 weeks for them to repair IT.

Eight weeks? Mine was out and back in just over ten days. Sent to DJI under warranty.

Eight weeks? Mine was out and back in just over ten days. Sent to DJI under warranty.
Guess the length of time it takes, depends where you are in the world and where it'd have to be sent for repair.
And no, I'd never fly it in that condition; you're just asking for trouble.

I wouldn't fly this anywhere over people or property, there is a chance that the motor mounting bosses (Incorporated in the injection moulding) may let go- it's all over when that happens. The shells are likely polystyrene, cheap, light weight and easy to mould but way too brittle for this application.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl