Is the Inspire worth?

The I2 would really need a second fixed front facing camera (parrot bebop stile).
It would allow the pilot to FPV control the craft, while the operator operates the camera...

You can do this with the inspire 1, I have it on mine for my fats attitude, it mounts behind the nose

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

efc895e7e54c6f62894fdd8d5f31d359.jpg

Reactions: Andrea
I'm hoping nobody shells out that kind of cash because they think it's going to be stealthy. A quiet quadcopter is most certainly an oxymoron.
Well. Right now anyway. Times change. Tech improves.

Well. Right now anyway. Times change. Tech improves.
No doutbt. They'll probably have an invisible cloak someday too so they cannot be seen or heard.

Yep -- if you want to fly anything but LOS. Most commercial operations are probably only flying LOS though. That's me assuming that most dual operators are flying for commercial purposes.
Well you know, LOS or not, I have the feeling that if you can see with the craft "eyes" where it's heading, theb everything is much easier.
I remember my only crash with my P3 (luckily without any damage): I was trying to film facing my doughter riding her bike. The P3 had to fly backwards. I was pribably 20meters far from her. Everything was fine when flying straight... but at the second turn, trajectory was far from being perfect. I flown the bird outside the road, and hit a tree branch. You can guess how it ended.
If i could have seen where the bird was heading AND at the same time control the camera, probably I would not have eaten grass.
Just my 2 cents.

No doutbt. They'll probably have an invisible cloak someday too so they cannot be seen or heard.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: yeah sure!
Unfortunately physics is physics and if these toys need to float in the air, then they need to spin their blades fast (and therefore they'll make noise).
I just thought that the Inspire, having bigger propeller, could spin then slowlier... therefore making less noise.

Another advantage of the inspire, you can rotate the camera (in addition to tilt). In the Phantoms, you can only tilt. Sure, you can rotate your entire bird, but you’ll get much smoother video on an inspire when you want to rotate.

Also with an inspire, you don't need to worry about the shell cracking issues like you do on a Phantom (happened to my Phanom, around the motor-mounting screws).

I'm hoping that once they announce the Inspire 2, the Inspire 1 will go down in price even more, and I'll buy one B-)

Another advantage of the inspire, you can rotate the camera
I almost always just yaw instead. After rotating the camera, it's a lot harder to fly since the live view in DJI GO is no longer showing you what's directly in front of the Inspire.

I'm hoping there will be another pr
I almost always just yaw instead. After rotating the camera, it's a lot harder to fly since the live view in DJI GO is no longer showing you what's directly in front of the Inspire.
When using raw to rotate the camera's view, do you find you get a better-looking video from the inspire than the phantom? I.E. if the inspire is more steady.

When using raw to rotate the camera's view, do you find you get a better-looking video from the inspire than the phantom?
I haven't done a detailed comparison, but the video looks the same to my eye. Both gimbals do a great job of stabilizing the camera.

Crash heaps - Phantom. Parts and service centres are available.
Don't crash heaps - Inspire. These things are surgically made and balanced and hence hard to fix.

Quick take off - Phantom. You can hide in the bush and attach you props and off you go. Its invisible in the air and more quiet.
Cumbersome setup - Inspire. You need flat surface to initiate the legs to attach camera. You need to attach props and look for the prop locks. You also need a flat stable surface to take off.

You don't like sex - Phantom.
You like sex - Inspire looks pro! It gets you laid!! :)

Don't crash heaps - Inspire. These things are surgically made and balanced and hence hard to fix.

Quick take off - Phantom. You can hide in the bush and attach you props and off you go. Its invisible in the air and more quiet.
Cumbersome setup - Inspire. You need flat surface to initiate the legs to attach camera. You need to attach props and look for the prop locks. You also need a flat stable surface to take off.

I must admit I've been called a hoe when out with big bro

No wait, more quiet, how can it be???
Regarding sex... Well, this kind of sex costs money. Quite as much as the ring I bought to mi wife when she was my girlfriend!

Anyway, to sum up, I understand that buying an Inspire (when you already own a P3) is an irrational decision.
I understand that the Inspire is not that much quieter than the P3. Battery life is certainly shorter. 360 degrees rotating camera is only worth with a second operator. Inspire is less portable. Spare parts will cost much more. To have a camera better that that of the P3 you have to upgrade to the X5 (which cost as much as the p3 when it was released).

The Inspire is certainly faster, handles better the wind, and is sexier for sure. That's all.

So I can dream of the Inspire, but keep on fling happy with my P3. That's probably the proper conclusion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav